"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-21-2013, 04:57 PM   #13481
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Well...Shrek didn't like my idea of dropping me off at the walking bridge and waiting for me a mile downstream. So he dropped me off at the guitar store and I walked home from there. 45 min walk, not bad. I beat him home by 20 mins.

Old 09-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #13482
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Well...Shrek didn't like my idea of dropping me off at the walking bridge and waiting for me a mile downstream. So he dropped me off at the guitar store and I walked home from there. 45 min walk, not bad. I beat him home by 20 mins.
Did he get lost?

Old 09-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #13483
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

First he looked at guitars and schmoozed with the store owner (who says we have bought more from him than any of his other customers) and then somehow he ended up at Wallyworld to buy all new replacement underwear.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:57 PM   #13484
Chef Extraordinaire

Nice detour, lol.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #13485
Honey Badger

Weatherman lied! "Chance of rain" Doubted it. So I opened up every window in the house. Just had a 30min marathon run. Running around closing them all again. I'm getting too old for that stuff. It's pouring outside. Mopping floors wasn't on the agenda today.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:59 PM   #13486
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Not a happy morning in this house or family. My daughter saw her oncologist and the news is .....

She has to stay on the chemo for another year. The tumor has shrunk, but not as much as they had hoped for. The chemo is so debilitating. I need a corner to go cry in.
I am so sorry Addie. I must have missed your post somewhere along the way. I will continue to pray for your daughter & you, my heart goes out to you both!! Try to look to the positive as difficult as it may seem at times. I pray the tumor continues to shrink so she can go into remission, nothing is impossible. Take care.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:53 AM   #13487
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
I am so sorry Addie. I must have missed your post somewhere along the way. I will continue to pray for your daughter & you, my heart goes out to you both!! Try to look to the positive as difficult as it may seem at times. I pray the tumor continues to shrink so she can go into remission, nothing is impossible. Take care.
Thank you SB. I am beginning to get my fight back. I am going to go see her tomorrow. She lives about 30 seconds away from me, but I never know what days she is feeling up to company. So we mostly talk on the phone. But I have the need to hug her.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #13488
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Be safe taxy, and have a nice visit! Happy Birthday to your MIL. 75 is a good one to celebrate. Heck, IMO every one after 50 is good!

Hope Shreddy doesn't have separation anxiety while you guys are gone...
Thanks CG. The drive was interesting. There were lots of lane closures on the highway because of construction. The rain went from normal wipers to intermittent to fast to slow down because of reduced visibility and back. I was surprised that it only added 15 minutes longer than the usual 1 hour.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #13489
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

We got most of the apples out of the tree. Since I don't spray, many ain't pretty. (insert Joni Mitchell song here.) Of course, some really good looking ones are still way at the top, out of reach, even with a tall ladder and an extra long apple picker. And a lot of really good apples fell, and got bruised, but are still useable. I do have a bunch of nearly perfect eating apples, those will go in the fridge. The rest will be cooked into sauce and apple butter. Overall, got 3 grocery bags full between yesterday and today, making about 6 bags total this year with a bunch more pitched into the woods as they were too damaged to salvage. The critters seem to enjoy them.

Roasting more cherry toms, picked some nice basil. And I have GOT to do something with all my cukes, probably more freezer bread and butter pickles.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #13490
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

About to attack the pantry...who knows what's in there.