What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just made the yummiest dinner for my friends. Slow cooked rib fillet with a creamy prawn sauce, wedges n salad followed by pecan n praline ice cream set in a choc cup with a passion fruit n mango sauce. Delish!!! All washed up n watching a movie with my darling. Happy days :)

Hope all is well with all

Just made the yummiest dinner for my friends. Slow cooked rib fillet with a creamy prawn sauce, wedges n salad followed by pecan n praline ice cream set in a choc cup with a passion fruit n mango sauce. Delish!!! All washed up n watching a movie with my darling. Happy days :)

Sounds like an awesome dinner!

Orryette said:

Sounds lovely, Orryette!

I'm mucking out the kitchen cabinets. Getting rid of odd coffee cups and travel mugs we haven't used for years (Goodwill box), weeded out the overflowing cottage cheese container collection (my version of Tupperware, recycling bin), pitched bunches of expired supplements and pills, now I'm eyeing my cookbook collection, which takes up an entire shelf.

OK Dawgluver...step AWAY from the cookbooks! You need to curb that spring cleaning bug or move to the closets in the spare room or something!

I'm hanging out playing on this Springpad thing. I'm really enjoying it. Getting a bit irritated that I can't get a particular photo to show up though. Grr.

I finally found one. I have several staple removers and they were all hiding. Even DH's staple removers were hiding. I use them a lot during income tax season. I would just go to the store and get another one, but the car is in the shop. Aargh

Oh yeah, I'm doing tax returns.

Last edited:
I have one staple remover and it is horrifically lost. Can't find it anywhere. I was sure I left it on my desk.....um....er...... THAT's the problem! :rolleyes: But at least it means I have a good excuse for not doing the shredding :)

I have one staple remover and it is horrifically lost. Can't find it anywhere. I was sure I left it on my desk.....um....er...... THAT's the problem! :rolleyes: But at least it means I have a good excuse for not doing the shredding :)
:LOL: That's not an excuse for me not to do the shredding. I have the monster shredder and it doesn't care if there are staples. 22 sheets at a time! I bought it last year because I got tired of the cheapos that took forever and jammed.

We just got back from a shopping trip. Shrek was looking for specific shoes, one's I'd never heard of or seen pictures.

I also needed a new pair of shoes for the 10K next Saturday, found them!!!:) The shoes I wore last year are too big now...how the heck did that happen???

Shrek, still no shoes, so we headed to the Sports Outfitter, no luck, but I found a new wallet and purse on sale from my favorite maker.

Off to the sporting goods store, no shoes for Shrek, but I found a nice pair of "walking" socks that have the special lining to prevent blisters and have some light arch support.

Off to the mall and the shoe shop we should have started at in the first place, Shrek finally founds his shoes. And I found some neon purple shoe laces for my new shoes...:rolleyes:

LOL! I got more stuff, but spent less money than Shrek did...:ROFLMAO:

I'm continuing with the mucking out of cabinets. So far, have spared the cookbooks. How can 2 people accumulate so much &#@%???

I have discovered DH is a collecter and hoarder of lip balm (8 tubes, 6 still in the package, plus probably a dozen more squirreled throughout the house) and old prescription eyeglasses.

I'm continuing with the mucking out of cabinets. So far, have spared the cookbooks. How can 2 people accumulate so much &#@%???

I have discovered DH is a collecter and hoarder of lip balm (8 tubes, 6 still in the package, plus probably a dozen more squirreled throughout the house) and old prescription eyeglasses.

:ROFLMAO: Your DH and I have something in common. I must have 20-30 lip balms. I always seem to be out and about when I realize I don't have any. But then, the tube I carry in my pocket at work looks ratty, since I will use that one until it's gone.

PrincessFiona60 said:
We just got back from a shopping trip. Shrek was looking for specific shoes, one's I'd never heard of or seen pictures.

I also needed a new pair of shoes for the 10K next Saturday, found them!!!:) The shoes I wore last year are too big now...how the heck did that happen???

Shrek, still no shoes, so we headed to the Sports Outfitter, no luck, but I found a new wallet and purse on sale from my favorite maker.

Off to the sporting goods store, no shoes for Shrek, but I found a nice pair of "walking" socks that have the special lining to prevent blisters and have some light arch support.

Off to the mall and the shoe shop we should have started at in the first place, Shrek finally founds his shoes. And I found some neon purple shoe laces for my new shoes...:rolleyes:

LOL! I got more stuff, but spent less money than Shrek did...:ROFLMAO:

When I lose weight, I go down a shoe size. In the last two years I've lost around 75 pounds and a shoe size. I have a pair of leather slip on shoes from LLbean that I love, but my feet now swim in them. I've had to adjust the straps on my Birkenstocks (no I don't wear them with socks, :LOL: )

Feels good to finally get back home today. We have been spending every weekend at dh's homeplace. Still continuing to go through an enormous amount of everything. His late father loved auctions. there is a 3 bedroom home, a double garage & 5 out buildings full to the top. We have been working on it for about a month. All the kids(4) want to have an auction by May 12th. It's only giving us all about 3 weeks to get through it all. We live 1 1/2 hours from there where as most of them live around the area. May has always been a busy, crazy month at work & we are still short staffed. Just trying to keep my sanity these days.
Thanks for letting me vent.

Laying on the couch under a cozy blanket trying to keep warm even though it is a very mild day, keeping my leg up and on ice to get the swelling down and watching the Canucks - so far so good, we scored the first goal with 5 minutes left in the first period!

Oh yeah, and not talking or screaming (at the TV) thanks to my throat/sinus infection!

I'm crabbing about the weather. It's nippy out - damp and breezy. We're expecting mixed precipitation overnight and tomorrow. That's mixed with snow!

When you get done playing with the recipes are you going to make them? :rolleyes:

I'm done, got the mini pie recipes sorted into sweet and savory and posted in their own threads. I hope this is a good solution for everyone. But, I wasn't able to do it the way I wanted, so I had to do a work around.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f40/savory-mini-pies-tips-ideas-and-recipes-79084-3.html
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f40/sweet-mini-pies-tips-ideas-and-recipes-79085.html

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom