What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, using vinegar was what everything I read said to do, and even Kuerig websites suggested it.

So now she just buys a new one every coupla years, and we donate the old one. Hopefully to someone who has better luck with cleaning.

Btw, hiya PF. Hope all's well.

Btw, hiya PF. Hope all's well.

Hiya BT!

Doing well, Shrek is losing his grip with reality (Alzheimer's) and I had another heart attack (2 stents) a little over a month ago...other than that we are doing fine. We moved to Wyoming last year...I'm about two blocks away from my parents and we bought a house.

How are you and family doing? I read about your Dad, my condolences.:flowers:

Hiya BT!

Doing well, Shrek is losing his grip with reality (Alzheimer's) and I had another heart attack (2 stents) a little over a month ago...other than that we are doing fine. We moved to Wyoming last year...I'm about two blocks away from my parents and we bought a house.

How are you and family doing? I read about your Dad, my condolences.:flowers:

Princess, I am sorry to hear about Shrek. You two have had such a great close union. Prayers for the both of you.

Princess, I am sorry to hear about Shrek. You two have had such a great close union. Prayers for the both of you.

Thanks, Addie. We are just, this past week, putting a name to it, even though we both knew. He's fine with it and still very amenable to me directing his days. The early dark helps a lot, he doesn't go out at night, stays up watching TV most nights and sleeps during the day...so I can get some sleep without worrying about him.

Geez, PF. That's a lot to deal with. I'll keep you and Shrek in my prayers today. I try to get in at least a decade of the rosary everyday; today for you.

And thanks about my dad. He lived a good, long life. He was 93.

Hopefully will finish turkey day prep ahead done.

Planning to pick up some frozen Hebrew National franks in blankets and pizza rolls for quick easy dinner.

So sorry to hear about your dad, BT. And sad about Shrek, PF. You have some experience with his condition, thankfully. I'm somewhere in PA, with BIL and SIL, they're off doing stuff, so I'm at their house, with two elderly decrepit dogs and two cats of undeteminable ages. I like it. Old dogs are the best! Cats are OK too.

Then the onslaught will begin. The rels start today in a couple hours, and will continue for a few days. Some surprises. All of yesterday was eaten up with travel. Still trying to recuperate.

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about your dad, BT. And sad about Shrek, PF. You have some experience with his condition, thankfully. I'm somewhere in PA, with BIL and SIL, they're off doing stuff, so I'm at their house, with two elderly decrepit dogs and two cats of undeteminable ages. I like it. Old dogs are the best! Cats are OK too.

Then the onslaught will begin. The rels start today in a couple hours, and will continue for a few days. Some surprises. All of yesterday was eaten up with travel. Still trying to recuperate.

Funny, all day long on Monday I thought it was Sunday (lost a day to sleep), Shrek was the one to tell me what day it was. He knew because his day clock told him so. Guess I should have looked at it. I missed my Rehab that morning.

Bucky, sorry to hear about your Dad. No matter how long a parent lives, it still isn't long enough. :heart:

PF, wishing you well as you and dear Shrek begin your travels down a long road. Like Dawg mentioned, at least you have an idea of what might be coming. (((hugs))) to you both.

Dawg, I hope you finally figured out where you are in PA! East-to-west, it's a pretty big state.

I'm trying to work up the ambition to give the downstairs a cleaning. Methinks I'll be using the feather duster and lamb's wool thingy. That, and a decent vacuuming, should be good enough for relatives. :LOL: Pretty sure all they'll care about is the food. :yum:

I'm so sorry to hear of Shrek's condition, Princess. Lighting a candle and saying a prayer for both of you.
------------------------------------------

Our Thanksgiving plans have changed a bit, to about as non-traditional as we've ever done. :LOL: My daughter is helping her best friend Katie prepare a turkey dinner, since she just had a baby. They're going to go ahead and join Katie's family for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. Daughter will have a turkey dinner at her house on Saturday, so I'll go to that one and bring a few dishes. :)

I called my bachelor brother several days ago and invited him for an early dinner Thursday and asked him what he wants to have - he told me he would like my homemade chili and tamales. :LOL: So, by golly, that's what we'll have! :wub: I bought some fresh pork tamales from the wonderful local Latino ladies who make tons of them this time of year, and now I'm fixin' to start that big pot of chili.

Last edited:
I just took my pumpkin pie out of the oven. I've chopped veggies for tomorrow's stuffing and shopped for everything else. Since it's just the two of us, there's no stress. Love that ?

Today I made an apple pie, frosted a cake, cut up and toasted the stuffing bread, made the brine, made glazed carrots, cleaned part of the kitchen and directed SO to order Chinese for dinner.

Actually, I'm doing nothing. This is the first year in about 50 years that I have no activities in the kitchen for Thanksgiving. I don't have the energy nor the strength for it. Thought I did and had hoped to have hosted a family event here. Instead, Glenn and I will be going to his daughter's home, which is about 20 minutes from our house.

Yesterday I made a walnut-pumpkin pie to bring along. I just hate being invited to someone's home for a large meal occasion and come empty-handed.

I prepared some potato roll dough in the bread machine a few hours ago. It's in the refrigerator doing its chilling rise. We're not expected to be at Heather's home until about 2 p.m. That will give me ample time to bake the rolls.

Sure will be happy when I get back to feeling like my old self.

PF, I'm so sorry about Shrek. I hope you have good resources to help you both.

And, bucky, you have my sincerest condolences on your dad's death. You had many years to "have" him. My dad died when I was barely 24 and I surely do miss him.

Everything is done for tomorrow. All I need to do is roast the turkey, make the gravy and heat everything else up.

I'm coming up behind you, msm. House is clean (enough), veggies are all prepped for cooking, and I'm enjoying an alcohol rubdown from the inside (a glass of wine). For once, I think I might be able to be relaxed when SIL and her hubby show up for dinner. Whew!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom