What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Munky, I so understand what you are going through.

Violet only needs wet food for her pills. She also takes liquid medicine in the morning which I put in a little bit of chicken broth as an "appetizer". For awhile we were splitting the dose so she got broth morning and evening. But the vet figures it is better to give liquid in am and pill in pm.

So, in the morning she laps up her broth and I put down the dish that only has kibble in it. "Hey, where's my wet food?".

That evening I put down the kibble with a blob of wet containing the pill. "Huh? no appetizer?"

I wake up the next morning to kleenex all over the place.

So, like you I caved. She now gets a blob of wet in the morning and plain broth in the evening.

The things we do! :LOL:

Yes, the things we do for survival.
But our Lil' Monkey can never, ever do anything wrong. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Stove was delivered!!! will be hooked up tomorrow after lunch.

Just trying to get the knots out of my neck and the steel wires crawling up into my head from my hissy fits about:-

not finding the conversion kit (yeah, it was there - just didn't find it before the hysterics set in) phone calls to Home Depot who has me call GE, 3 departments later and couldn't understand a word they said, more hysterics; delivery guys had the wrong phone nbr. so didn't call in advance, so I thought they weren't coming... more freaking out; each and every phone call led to "oh you have to call 'such 'n such' as that's not my field and I can't help you there"...

I was frantic thinking if the kit wasn't there then the guys were coming tomorrow to install... nothing! Trying to make all these calls before the delivery guys, not getting an answer on phone leave and don't deliver. Also trying to get all these answers before 5 pm!

Well, all the problems seem to be solved but I still can't calm down... another glass of wine should do it... maybe... then another... and then :angel:

Stove was delivered!!! will be hooked up tomorrow after lunch.

Just trying to get the knots out of my neck and the steel wires crawling up into my head from my hissy fits about:-

not finding the conversion kit (yeah, it was there - just didn't find it before the hysterics set in) phone calls to Home Depot who has me call GE, 3 departments later and couldn't understand a word they said, more hysterics; delivery guys had the wrong phone nbr. so didn't call in advance, so I thought they weren't coming... more freaking out; each and every phone call led to "oh you have to call 'such 'n such' as that's not my field and I can't help you there"...

I was frantic thinking if the kit wasn't there then the guys were coming tomorrow to install... nothing! Trying to make all these calls before the delivery guys, not getting an answer on phone leave and don't deliver. Also trying to get all these answers before 5 pm!

Well, all the problems seem to be solved but I still can't calm down... another glass of wine should do it... maybe... then another... and then :angel:

Are you all better now?:flowers::flowers:
I hope it gets installed today without any hiccups.

Our last dealings with Home Depot was with our dishwasher.They were supposed to install the new one. Take away the old one. Not so. They only delivered it. My son enjoyed the gift card they gave us as an apology.

Anyhoo, I'm up early. Trub gave me a big hug this morning. Walked me over to the garbage can to show me that he was a good boy last night. " Now where's my treat Mom!?" Is that considered extortion, by a Golden Retriever?:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Anyhoo, I'm up early. Trub gave me a big hug this morning. Walked me over to the garbage can to show me that he was a good boy last night. " Now where's my treat Mom!?" Is that considered extortion, by a Golden Retriever?:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Yes, absolutely! They are smart enough to understand cause and effect. Silly Dogs!:LOL:

I feel your pain. My wife hates my restless legs. She hits me sometimes because I shake the whole bed. Lol don't bother me. Most times I don't even realize I'm doing it.

I am on gabapentin for RLS. If my legs start to act up before time for the next dose, I find that just standing or walking for about 15 minutes is a lot of help and stops the RLS.

Today, I am having a tizzy fit with myself. I placed an order with Jet and didn't notice that the address was for North Andover. My grandson's address. I caught it too late and Jet has no way of stopping the order from going out. So I have to call my grandson's wife and tell her to just send it back to Jet. Then I can reorder it. If I could bend over backwards, I would be kicking myself from here to eternity.

Are you all better now?:flowers::flowers:
I hope it gets installed today without any hiccups.

Our last dealings with Home Depot was with our dishwasher.They were supposed to install the new one. Take away the old one. Not so. They only delivered it. My son enjoyed the gift card they gave us as an apology.
I had a similar situation. They told me they could not install the dishwasher because it was wired in and an electrician had to do it. I looked at the installer, and said,"I am an electrician":yum:.
I turned off the breaker, unhooked the 3 wires from the old one, and told him to install the new one. Fortunately, they were both GE, and the wires were in the same place. I hooked up the 3 wires in the new one, and was good to go.

I did not realize that the airlines let airline electricians pilot planes, too, Souschef! :huh: :D

I'm beat. Worn-out. Bushed. I did 3 1/2 loads of laundry (still have to hang the cold-water wash tops on hangers before I can say "4"), washed the rest of the downstairs windows in the front of the house, and completely decorated our living room window. It's a window seat and juts out from the front of the house. Looks so Christmas-y! :heart: I still need to find just enough energy to iron the two long swag valences that go in the family room windows during the winter, and try to get my corner window decorations to stay put. At least I can watch the football game while ironing in the kitchen. *sigh* No rest for the wicked...

Didn't sleep well last night. Spent the day with my sister and her financial advisor then spent time on her computer helping her get data for the FA and to get ready for her move. Got home late afternoon and was exhausted. Tried to nap and was interrupted twice by phone calls. But I persevered and managed to doze off for a refreshing nap. Then started dinner only to realize I needed to go out and get some yogurt for the dinner I was making.

I am sitting here at the computer after being woken up by the cat alarm - Monkey, laying on my chest with her face about an inch from mine, waiting for me to open an eye. Oh, and there is no snooze on this one as you kick her off and she is right back.

I fed her and usually get back to sleep, but not this time. I think I will make a cup of tea and work on my blog post.

What is Monkey doing? She is curled up fast asleep after a good meal. :wacko:

Contemplating making my first batch of homemade coffee yogurt in my new instantpot.

Didn't sleep well last night. Spent the day with my sister and her financial advisor then spent time on her computer helping her get data for the FA and to get ready for her move. Got home late afternoon and was exhausted. Tried to nap and was interrupted twice by phone calls. But I persevered and managed to doze off for a refreshing nap. Then started dinner only to realize I needed to go out and get some yogurt for the dinner I was making.

It is an etiquette rule Andy straight from Emily Post herself. "Only call folks when you know they are tired and trying to take a nap." I know the feeling.

An hour ago after checking for the temp, I hopped on my scooter and made a mad dash for the store. And I do mean "MAD". I should have checked for the wind. My hands are still cold. I didn't think I would need mittens. As I neared the corner, I saw a big rig heading north on Rte #1 coming down the hill. He must have been deadheading. His rear end was swinging back and forth. Fortunately any vehicles on his left hung back and let him go while he stayed in the far right lane. He finally had the good sense to downshift. I thought for sure I was looking at an accident waiting to happen.

We had a really bad accident jus a couple of nights ago in the same area. Two people were killed. No seatbelts were on. One vehicle was on its roof. So glad I wasn't witness to one today. And my hands are finally getting warm.

Going to the Lutheran Church across the road back here in the middle of back of beyond to make lefse as soon as my Dad gets back from his Norwegian coffee klatch. Yes, up here in Northern MN there are places where you can (a) buy lutefisk (Mike's in the local grocery store); (b) join a group to make lefse; and (c) go for coffee on Saturday a.m. and practice your Norwegian, then. Uff da

Last edited:
Sounds like my afternoon--but I didn't get to catch a nap. The Elders ate leftovers while I updated the spreadsheet for expenses paid out of my brother's account.

I am on gabapentin for RLS. If my legs start to act up before time for the next dose, I find that just standing or walking for about 15 minutes is a lot of help and stops the RLS.

Mr. Munky was just prescribed Gabapentin and Baclofen.

I call it Gabby. He's been in a lot of pain. Pain for him is kind of a good thing. I personally don't like to see him in it. What's been happening with him is seizure/spastic contractions.When they happen his left side seizes up tight. His had freezes into a tight fist that's painful for him to try and get opened again. It's his arm and hand slowly waking up from his stroke. Pain is a good sign. His brain is making contact sending signals down.

On a lighter note. He's been getting a good laugh at med time.
We go through the list. I make up name's for every prescription. Some are really funny. I've had him laughing so hard he's in tears. Then I hand him another, he gives me a skeptical look " What's this one's name?":ROFLMAO::LOL:

The fun around here never stops.:ohmy::LOL:

Munky Badger

Munky: we do the same... but my husband medicine has good name already, Retard.. yeah, that is the medicine name.

Going to the Lutheran Church across the road back here in the middle of back of beyond to make lefse as soon as my Dad gets back from his Norwegian coffee klatch. Yes, up here in Northern MN there are places where you can (a) buy lutefisk (Mike's in the local grocery store); (b) join a group to make lefse; and (c) go for coffee on Saturday a.m. and practice your Norwegian, then. Uff da

When my son was playing Little League baseball in our old town, many of the parents were Hispanic so you would hear Spanish being spoken on the field as often or sometimes moreso than English. I even used to send out my texts to the team when I was a coach in both Spanish and English. Occasionally even Polish to a few of the parents.

Anyway, my son wanted us to have our own language so when he pitched so I could talk to him on the mound and no one would understand what I was saying. Since my boy is very proud of his Norsk ancestry, we learned several phrases in Norwegian that I applied to baseball.

The kids on my team wanted to know what I was saying, so by the end of the season, I had a team of mostly Dominican kids shouting instructions in Norwegian to each other. You had to see the looks on their parents' faces.

Det er mine gutter!

bucky, that is just too funny!

As a mom of twins, I was always worried that our two would develop their own language. Last thing I want is to be left out of any conversation! :LOL: They never did - and they each took a different foreign language in school. Dodged that bullet, too.

I've been busy decorating the last two days. Living room window is done - I should take a photo and post it - looks like a poor version of a department store one. Sunroom has as much as it's getting, so that our neighbors have a little scene to look at out their window. Now on to the family room, and I can quit. If I want. Which I won't. I love the house all dolled up. Even if it is just the two of us, and we'll be gone for both Christmas and New Year's days, I still like it full-up with decorations. :heart:

CG, you could start this year's holiday decorating thread ?

So far, DH has set up the pre-lighted artificial tree and brought two totes of decorations down from the attic. Oh, and I put the tree skirt down. Need to get going :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom