What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When my son was playing Little League baseball in our old town, many of the parents were Hispanic so you would hear Spanish being spoken on the field as often or sometimes moreso than English. I even used to send out my texts to the team when I was a coach in both Spanish and English. Occasionally even Polish to a few of the parents.

Anyway, my son wanted us to have our own language so when he pitched so I could talk to him on the mound and no one would understand what I was saying. Since my boy is very proud of his Norsk ancestry, we learned several phrases in Norwegian that I applied to baseball.

The kids on my team wanted to know what I was saying, so by the end of the season, I had a team of mostly Dominican kids shouting instructions in Norwegian to each other. You had to see the looks on their parents' faces.

Det er mine gutter!
It's the same in Danish. :cool:

Mr. Munky was just prescribed Gabapentin and Baclofen.

I call it Gabby. He's been in a lot of pain. Pain for him is kind of a good thing. I personally don't like to see him in it. What's been happening with him is seizure/spastic contractions.When they happen his left side seizes up tight. His had freezes into a tight fist that's painful for him to try and get opened again. It's his arm and hand slowly waking up from his stroke. Pain is a good sign. His brain is making contact sending signals down.

On a lighter note. He's been getting a good laugh at med time.
We go through the list. I make up name's for every prescription. Some are really funny. I've had him laughing so hard he's in tears. Then I hand him another, he gives me a skeptical look " What's this one's name?":ROFLMAO::LOL:

The fun around here never stops.:ohmy::LOL:

Munky Badger

My bad leg seizes up also. Hence the gabapentin. I am supposed to take two three times a day. I have been trying to train my leg to no seize. I am now to two times a day. I have been on these capsules for more than 10 years. So hard to swallow some days.

I am so happy to hear that hubby is doing so well.

Right now I am waiting for my single loaf of bread to come out of the oven. Then I have to get busy on my grocery list for Monday morning shopping spree.

Watching the Patriots game and trying to make 'kaiser' rolls for the first time. If they come out good, I may just do a burger for dinner tonight.

Getting ready to walk out the door to avoid football games...think I'll go play with the dog, Jethro, my baby brother...goofy dog.

Just finished organizing and doing inventory of my second freezer - the small one. Love all the stuff I'm finding, and this is a great time of year to save money.

Just ordered my niece's birthday present (love Amazon Prime!). She's getting a rainbow mermaid's tail sleeping bag. She's a waterbaby, just like her Auntie Dawg!

Now to look for Christmas presents for the kids. Hard to believe it's December already.

Dawg, I was looking to make those tails for my friends two young kids. When I priced out the yarn (not using expensive stuff either) that alone cost more than buying one online, not to mention the labour that goes into them! They are adorable!

I am doing my Sunday night routine for getting Hubby ready for work tomorrow - washing and folding laundry, hanging up his shirts for the morning (he wears a thermal shirt, 6 T-shirts and his work shirt. Then he wears a Fleece vest, Fleece jacket and sometimes his heavy work jacket. He has a thyroid problem and a genetic blood disorder that throw off his internal thermostat.

I also have to make sure his lunch kit is cleaned and ready for another week.

After that, I am going to curl up with some Christmas cooking shows I taped and try to wind down enough to go to sleep.

After heading out the door at seven this morning to go shopping, I have no idea what hit me. In the middle of shopping, I became very sick and it took two employees to clean up the mess. I went to sit down for about 15 minutes, then went back to finishing my shopping. This month was a huge order. Christmas baking coming up. They had no baking powder. I am not very happy. Spike will have to get it along with the coffee during the week at Shaw's.

Got home around 10:30. Spike and Pirate put the groceries away for me. I was totally exhausted. I took off my coat, laid down and in minutes was sound asleep. Slept for about an hour, and have been out in the kitchen, wrapping and cutting the meats since then.

When I went to put the meats in the freezer, the whole floor of it was covered with ice. It was from a leaky cracked ice cube tray. Had to melt and clean out that first.

Here it is going on six o'clock and I have only processed three meats. I bought two large 7 bone chuck steaks. A small amount for beef stew and the rest to be ground for hamburger. I saved the bones for the beef stew, got rid of any grizzle and placed it in a small sandwich bag to go to the trash.

So now I am taking a break until 6:30. Then back to the kitchen.

The wife and I went for a drive Saturday night. It was snowing but we live in the middle of nowhere I know all the roads. They are on a grid. Intersection every mile. One of my older modes were here to stay with the younger boys so kinda a date night. 6 pack and gravel roads. With the snow coming down I got disoriented. Got on a road I didn't know. By the time I realized it it was too late. No place to turn around. It turned into a 2 mile long mud bog. It was fun but tense. I'm just glad I was driving the old truck. 82 chevy 4x4.

I ordered some LED lights to mount on the back so next time (if there is one) I can just back out.FB_IMG_1480995540058.jpgFB_IMG_1480995545861.jpg

Jon, I love to hear about happy love stories. So glad you both made it home safely. Sounds like the two of you had quite an adventure. Give your wife a hug and a kiss for no reason. And if she asks why, tell her "just because."

I packaged the cut up stew meat and ground up the rest for hamburger. Now I have to get it weighed and package.

I am really tired. I took a break and have been watching The Nutcracker Suite on YouTube. I would love to be able to go see it in town. But that is out of the question. The very first time I saw it, Arthur Fiedler was the conductor.

I should never have stopped. Now I am totally lacking in any energy to finish. It will have to wait until tomorrow.

Andy ever since you posted about making English Muffins, I have been wanting to make some. I used to make them every Saturday morning after I got the beans in the oven. They were for Sunday morning breakfast. Two per person. We always had a big breakfast on Sundays. So I ordered a set of rings. Thanks for the push.

Jon, I love to hear about happy love stories. So glad you both made it home safely. Sounds like the two of you had quite an adventure. Give your wife a hug and a kiss for no reason. And if she asks why, tell her "just because."

I packaged the cut up stew meat and ground up the rest for hamburger. Now I have to get it weighed and package.

I am really tired. I took a break and have been watching The Nutcracker Suite on YouTube. I would love to be able to go see it in town. But that is out of the question. The very first time I saw it, Arthur Fiedler was the conductor.

I should never have stopped. Now I am totally lacking in any energy to finish. It will have to wait until tomorrow.

Andy ever since you posted about making English Muffins, I have been wanting to make some. I used to make them every Saturday morning after I got the beans in the oven. They were for Sunday morning breakfast. Two per person. We always had a big breakfast on Sundays. So I ordered a set of rings. Thanks for the push.
Hi, Addie. I hope you're tired because you've been busy - not because you're feeling poorly. Best wishes.

Hi, Addie. I hope you're tired because you've been busy - not because you're feeling poorly. Best wishes.

No sleep and trying to do too much in one day. I did get a good sleep last night, so feeling much better. Thanks for caring.

I want to move to your village where they still have "shops".

Trying to translate recipes as promised, but life has been in the way.
A close friend, is turning into a zombie, he is seriously ill and most people die with in weeks, he is after 7 years still around and but skinny and doctors dont know why he is sort of still alive , walking and talking. But he has spent more time in hospital then out this year, how ever checked him self out for Christmas shopping. 'sigh*

Mr Right is ill too and in hospital and Mr Perfect has tummy bug and I am stuck making 1 kilo of Christmas meatballs and Christmas cookies. I am only bothering with 2 types today, Cardamom shortbread and Bondkakor ( farmer biscuits/ cookies).

Otherwise all is well.

Oddest thing. I haven't decorated for Christmas for many years, but since we're not in Mexico this year, I got out some battery operated candles to put in the windows. Put in the fresh batteries, and they all worked last night. This morning, none of them were still lit. I figured, oh well, I'll have to bring out the plug-in electric candles. No need! Apparently the battery ones light up when it's dark, then turn off when it's light! Who knew?

I'm resting and enjoying a nice glass of fermented grape juice. I'm totally exhausted.

Long story, but I ended up chairing the committee to plan the Christmas party for my master gardener group, and tonight was the night. Due to my uncertain health, I don't volunteer for things where I am primarily responsible, so it was hugely stressful when my co-chair, who had asked me to help her, bailed.

But the restaurant staff was great and everyone seemed to enjoy the food and the rest of the festivities. I'm so relieved. And my biscotti with homemade crystallized ginger and honey from our hives went over well, too (we asked members to bake cookies for dessert and then had bags available for everyone to bring home the leftovers). Whew.

Sounds good, GG.

Ever since we moved and now havevthe land necessary, I so badly want an apiary. But I'm not so sure how well that could work in bear country.

I'm thinking of looking into electric fencing, or even suspending the hives on cables from the trees.

Sounds good, GG.

Ever since we moved and now havevthe land necessary, I so badly want an apiary. But I'm not so sure how well that could work in bear country.

I'm thinking of looking into electric fencing, or even suspending the hives on cables from the trees.

It's late and I'm going to bed, but remind me about this idea again. Suspending the hives in the trees? I'm not sure that would work, but I have to think about it some more.

Bears would definitely be interested in them, though. And they climb trees. We were talking to another master gardener tonight who lost two hives last year to bears.

Last edited:
That is next week on the 13 and I am baking pepparkakor on Saturday and on Monday I be making saffron rolls.
There, life is a bit calmer.

I've spent the oh hmmmm hour +/- cleaning the brush roller on my shark vacuum. Seems my DD's have been helping me with the vacuuming but never check the roller. So I just gave it a peek and almost cried. They just ignore everything I say. There was half a cat tangled in and around the roller. We had to take it apart try to put it together a million times because my one DD thinks she knows better and took it away to do it herself. Then she could not figure out what was wrong and gave up and went in her room. So I was left to figure which screws went where. The screws were not all the same length and two were skinnier. But it was such a small difference you couldn't tell till it was to late. Ok take the whole thing apart again grrrr switch inside screws out put cover on #%¥ forgot to plug the light back in. Open up cover plug in now this won't fit grrrrrrr It was a comedy of errors. It is finally back together and working. If I had a bottle of white zin I would be in heaven right now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom