"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-27-2013, 03:49 AM   #13551
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Cat, we're glad you landed here at DC and have become online friends with us. But you're young and in a new place - make sure you make friends with people out in the real world. It's easier to share a piece of pie with someone across the table than someone across the world.
I try to, Cooking Goddess. I try to become acquainted with the classmates but they are always interested to the boys and the Facebooks and they do not seem to be very serious about this education. They do not like my music, and I do not like their music either.

They ask the strange questions of why I can not go out to socialize. I explain I must assist to DA and they ask me of why I care of an old woman. They become very irritated when I will not let them ride in my Joy. They say to put away DA to a nursing place. I have no more of dealings with them. I am nice and polite with them, but that is enough for me.

Gwen is the dearest friend, and many in our community like me, and I like them. But they are all older from me. Mamma says I am in the time of life when I have these responsibilities and this socializing must come later. I have to put DA always first and I always do so.

I owe my Mamma and Papa the obligation of to attend to DA always and to do my duty to her well. I also owe my parents to try to make the best of grades. I owe to myself to always do my very best in everything as I can.

I hope I have explained this well? I am attempting to let you know of my life.

Your friend,
~Cat

Old 09-27-2013, 07:55 AM   #13552
Chef Extraordinaire

Cat, you have explained the difficulty very well. I hope you find some young people whose priorities are closer to your own. I understand that you're busy but it's also important to have real-life friends.

What year are you in at school? Freshman? Junior? Maybe as time goes on, and the classes are more specific to your major, you will find people who take their education more seriously.

Old 09-27-2013, 08:27 AM   #13553
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Cat,

I have the utmost respect for you in your caring for DA. I take care of those older people who have been put in a nursing home. I try to make their days filled with joy and happiness and hope I help to not make them feel lonely and set aside. I am so very sorry you have not met anyone in real life who admire and respect you for what you are doing. We need more people like you!
Old 09-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #13554
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I have all of Mom's jewelry, and upon cleaning found a lovely silver bracelet that she'd jerryrigged with pieces of wire where the jump rings should be. I removed the wire and replaced with cut down jump rings. The bracelet is closed with a magnet, strangest thing ever, but I fixed it.

Suddenly, I discovered the bracelet was missing! Huh. I tracked around the house and gardens, everywhere I'd been, no bracelet. Then an "aha" moment, I looked, and it was in the dog food bag!
Old 09-27-2013, 06:43 PM   #13555
Chef Extraordinaire

Good catch. Makes you wonder how much jewelry might have been lost in a bag of kibble.

I'm sitting here watching TV, waiting for a steak to thaw and noticing the lack of posting on this forum lately...
Old 09-27-2013, 06:55 PM   #13556
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I took the day off, guess the only thing I noticed was how much faster the day goes by when I take it off!

Almost got the dining room table cleaned off so it might be useable at some time.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #13557
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Good catch. Makes you wonder how much jewelry might have been lost in a bag of kibble.

I'm sitting here watching TV, waiting for a steak to thaw and noticing the lack of posting on this forum lately...
I notice that too, seems like wasting time takes more of an effort these days!
Old 09-27-2013, 08:30 PM   #13558
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
I notice that too, seems like wasting time takes more of an effort these days!
Old 09-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #13559
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
We are having Margaritas to celebrate the weekend.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #13560
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

It always slows down when the kids go back to school. Folks now have large amounts of time in which to accomplish something.