What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea Thats a door. I'm sure they are tired of beeing inside.

I did not let the geese out yesterday at all. Figured it was just too cold - not only for them but for me too! LOL... this morning I opened the door and nearly got bashed by flapping wings - those things can leave an ugly bruise on you! But out they went and then came right back in... waiting for me to finish with the water. I see fresh foot prints but they've been staying inside even thou it is a lot warmer today.

Thank you all so so much for your condolences.

He was a great guy and right to the end, even in pain, he had a laugh for all. He would have been 88 on the 29th, Dec. He will be sorely missed.

It is strange, I hadn't really felt too much before but now, having read all your posts, the tears are just pouring down my face, for my BIL, for my sis and for their 2 sons.

I think it is especially hard for the boys, this is their 2nd dad they have lost. He was their step-dad and they loved him. They lost their birth father at a fairly young age and so even thou step-dad was aged and ill - it is never easy.

Thank you all so so much for your condolences.

He was a great guy and right to the end, even in pain, he had a laugh for all. He would have been 88 on the 29th, Dec. He will be sorely missed.

It is strange, I hadn't really felt too much before but now, having read all your posts, the tears are just pouring down my face, for my BIL, for my sis and for their 2 sons.

I think it is especially hard for the boys, this is their 2nd dad they have lost. He was their step-dad and they loved him. They lost their birth father at a fairly young age and so even thou step-dad was aged and ill - it is never easy.

We didn't mean to make you cry...but, with your release of grief, you may be more able to cope with your Sister's and Nephew's grief.

No freezing over for those geese...they kinda have a knack for winter living in the open.:)

Just finished making lasagna for dinner using sauce from the freezer I had made last month before we went to Michigan. Had just enough sauce and lasagna noodles for an 8x8" pan, but too much ricotta mixture, so I thawed another pint of sauce and cooked up some jumbo shells et voilá! Stuffed shells for another day! Just can't get that freezer empty! :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• 1482009241195.jpg
    1482009241195.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 94
We didn't mean to make you cry...but, with your release of grief, you may be more able to cope with your Sister's and Nephew's grief.

No freezing over for those geese...they kinda have a knack for winter living in the open.:)

No, no Princess, it was a good cry. It was the same with my brother. When he finally passed - I felt nothing! until all the e-mails came in! He was a GO player and had an amazing variety of friends. I heard from Japan and Korea, it was a bit humbling.

As to the geese! LOL... It truly is amazing that they sit out there in the worst weather. On one leg with the other tucked up and keeping warm. Or settled down and leaving an oval imprint melted in the ice and snow. Goose down doesn't have it's reputation for nothing!

so I thawed another pint of sauce and cooked up some jumbo shells et voilá! Stuffed shells for another day!

Just can't get that freezer empty! :ROFLMAO:

That's what I had for breakfast! took some frozen stuffed shells out and stuffed myself :yum:. LOL and I swear that the freezer has a secret back door that sneaks in more stuff when my back is turned. :mad:

That's what I had for breakfast! took some frozen stuffed shells out and stuffed myself :yum:. LOL and I swear that the freezer has a secret back door that sneaks in more stuff when my back is turned. :mad:

Yummo! So that's the secret! :LOL:

At least I have an inventory of most of it now. Just one more freezer to go :ermm:

Sorry to hear of your BILs passing, dragnlaw. Safe journeys to your sister's home. May you have many happy memories to share, and may your sorrows be small.

I'm feeling a wee bit more human today. Amazing what nine hours in bed can do for ya. Just don't ask which ones those nine hours were. :ermm:

I'm currently waiting for the washer to finish up the last load of air-dried clothes. Need them dry to pack by Monday. Also, cleaned up one half of the family room, will vacuum and move furniture back, then do the other half. I had pulled stuff around and brought decorations up before the cold hit me, and I need to return it to some sort of order before we leave. Sadly, my fake Alpine tree that we hang our vintage family ornaments in won't ever be set up this year. Just like in Cleveland sports, there's always next year! :LOL:

Thanks CG,, I'm sure we will.

Just came in from cleaning a bit of snow. It is snow, ice crust, more snow... Dug out the car, cleared a bit more snow and after a snack will go out and do some more. Had some last minute supplies to get but not gonna risk the roads today. My neighbours have kindly offered to get them for me tomorrow so I may leave on time.

Had great weekend, was home at Mr Right. He was just the sweetest thing ever, got my Christmas gift early because it will be useful for Christmas dinner. It is food processor! Yay, my tired hands will be so happy. We had fun and manage to mess up 3 batches of candy, but the last 4 ones worked out perfectly. So I have liquorice toffee made with liquorice root powder, ginger toffee and buck eyes and tablets. That be yum at Christmas.

And then I got home to mr Perfect and the kid and had cuddle and Mr Perfect had made mash and pulled pork, he is getting really good with pulled pork. Great weekend and now times for bed.

Had great weekend, was home at Mr Right. He was just the sweetest thing ever, got my Christmas gift early because it will be useful for Christmas dinner. It is food processor! Yay, my tired hands will be so happy. We had fun and manage to mess up 3 batches of candy, but the last 4 ones worked out perfectly. So I have liquorice toffee made with liquorice root powder, ginger toffee and buck eyes and tablets. That be yum at Christmas.

And then I got home to mr Perfect and the kid and had cuddle and Mr Perfect had made mash and pulled pork, he is getting really good with pulled pork. Great weekend and now times for bed.

CakePoet, I think I've missed something. Who are Mr. Right and Mr. Perfect?

This guy, the guy with two thumbs...

Although, I've never met Cakepoet, so I have no idea what she's talking about.

Mr Perfect is my beloved husband, he such a lovely man. Mr Right is my beloved boyfriend, yes I have two and we are all happy. 3 happy sane adults who enjoys each others company.

Buckytorn, for once I tried not be the Swedish stereotype, I am not blond.. well strawberry blond once, now dustbunny grey and well I dont star in movies... well I did as a corpse once.

Come on folks! Haven't you ever watched the first season of "Vikings", when Athelstan was living with Ragnar and Lagertha?:ermm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom