What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It hard when kids hurt them self. My school didnt even call me at all, the kid when through a wooden pontoon and they called none of the parents. I found out when I picked him up, from him self and then had to ask the staff... yeah not pleased about that.

14 years on, he still get the random splinter coming out of his leg.

I'm writing cheques for our condo maintenance fees. We know we are going to be moving ASAP in the New Year and have heard that others who have moved have had cheques cashed after they were gone. We are waiting for extra cheques on the account we are using so I am going to send the 7 I have with a note that the others will follow as soon as they arrive. However, if we happen to sell in the meantime... :ermm:

I am also waiting for my raspberry chocolate chip gluten free paleo muffins to cool enough to put them in the freezer. Wow, did they ever turn out nice! They use gluten free flour, coconut sugar, coconut milk, coconut oil and organic bittersweet chocolate chips with fresh raspberries and a sprinkle of raw sugar on the tops before baking. Yum!

I'm writing cheques for our condo maintenance fees. We know we are going to be moving ASAP in the New Year and have heard that others who have moved have had cheques cashed after they were gone. We are waiting for extra cheques on the account we are using so I am going to send the 7 I have with a note that the others will follow as soon as they arrive. However, if we happen to sell in the meantime... :ermm:

I am also waiting for my raspberry chocolate chip gluten free paleo muffins to cool enough to put them in the freezer. Wow, did they ever turn out nice! They use gluten free flour, coconut sugar, coconut milk, coconut oil and organic bittersweet chocolate chips with fresh raspberries and a sprinkle of raw sugar on the tops before baking. Yum!
Can't you just get that put into the adjustments when you sell? I assume it's similar in BC. Here we pay property taxes annually, so they get prorated for how long the new owner will have the place and that is one of the adjustments.

I don't trust my condo association with post-dated cheques. We have had issues before. I didn't want to be bothered, so I gave them one cheque for the whole year. If we sell, we will just put the balance in the adjustments in that last paper the notary (special type of lawyer in Quebec) writes up.

This is more of a "what I did" post. Besides the mundane load of laundry and run the dishwasher, I made a box mix pumpkin quick bread, adding raisins and walnuts. T'was good! I also cleaned out the nearly-empty fridge, finding a pint of heavy cream that I bought for...something? It has a "best used by" date from a month ago. :ermm: Hmm, since it hasn't been open, it should be OK. And I produce yummy baked goods using sour milk. Luckily, I had just clipped a recipe from the latest "Midwest Living" magazine for Cream Biscuits. No butter, limited kneading...and they promise yummy results. A recipe uses 1 1/3 cups heavy cream. The pint is two cups. I mixed a batch and a half of the dry ingredients* **, then divided them in half. I'll make a small batch of plain and another of sweet biscuits. One of the stores has raspberries on special. I see raspberry shortcake on the menu for Christmas.

*The recipe calls for self-rise flour. I don't have it, so I made my own. IF I kept self-rise in the pantry, this turns into a 2-ingredient recipe. Sweetness, whether you use sugar or not! :LOL:

**Actually made two batches. The first one is in the trash. Note to self: do not try measuring ingredients while watching TV. You can NOT put double the baking powder into a mix and expect good results...

Last edited:
Can't you just get that put into the adjustments when you sell? I assume it's similar in BC. Here we pay property taxes annually, so they get prorated for how long the new owner will have the place and that is one of the adjustments.

I don't trust my condo association with post-dated cheques. We have had issues before. I didn't want to be bothered, so I gave them one cheque for the whole year. If we sell, we will just put the balance in the adjustments in that last paper the notary (special type of lawyer in Quebec) writes up.

Because it is post-dated cheques the leasing company (it is leasehold, not strata) is supposed to return any cheques from the date of sale on. However, they then have to go after the new lessor and they really don't like doing that - they want as little to do with us as is possible besides sending paperwork showing we owe them more money!

Anyway, that will all get worked out when we sell. I will dutifully send in the balance of the cheques when they arrive from the bank which will be in the new year.

Today, I will be probably staying close to my bed, trying to sleep off this cold (now in my chest as well as my head) so I can go to the Christmas Eve Service tomorrow. I will still probably have to wear a facemask during the last part of the service (they light candles for Silent Night and the smoke is in the air for the rest of the evening). So, I need to be as healthy as possible.

TB doesn't need a meal before work because the company is putting on a buffet spread for all the staff. And I don't have to make sandwiches because he and the rest of the night drivers always meet on the various breaks at Tim Horton's or McDonald's to celebrate together.

I have been of to the local farm to get safe farm fresh milk, my daughter drank to glasses without whining which is rare. I will have to ask one of my neighbor to get more when he goes into town.

Getting ready to ring the upstairs unit's buzzer and tell them to stop their kid from clomping all over the floor above my office and bedroom - my two sanctuaries or I will call the office manager!

I have a condition called Hyperacusis, associated with my depression and Chronic Fatigue Syndrom. Sound can actually hurt me in several different ways. Pounding vibrates in my jaw and eardrums. High pitch noises literally send painful spasms down my spine. People talking make me lose my train of thought. Noise can also affect my eyesight and of course cause migraines.

It isn't just loud noises either.

TB pounded on the ceiling several times but of course, that just compounded the pain for me.

We get along with our neighbours for the most part but this is one thing they don't seem to understand. I guess it is a weird concept.

Getting ready to ring the upstairs unit's buzzer and tell them to stop their kid from clomping all over the floor above my office and bedroom - my two sanctuaries or I will call the office manager!

I have a condition called Hyperacusis, associated with my depression and Chronic Fatigue Syndrom. Sound can actually hurt me in several different ways. Pounding vibrates in my jaw and eardrums. High pitch noises literally send painful spasms down my spine. People talking make me lose my train of thought. Noise can also affect my eyesight and of course cause migraines.

It isn't just loud noises either.

TB pounded on the ceiling several times but of course, that just compounded the pain for me.

We get along with our neighbours for the most part but this is one thing they don't seem to understand. I guess it is a weird concept.

LP, are they aware of your problem? If not, maybe you and TB could go and talk to them about it. I imagine they don't realize the amount of noise their child is making, and its effect on you.

Also, I'm pretty sure if I lived upstairs, I wouldn't take a random pounding noise to mean that my neighbors wanted me to be more quiet ;)

Last edited:
LP, are they aware of your problem? If not, maybe you and TB could go and talk to them about it. I imagine they don't realize the amount of noise their child is making, and its effect on you.

Also, I'm pretty sure if I lived upstairs, I wouldn't take a random pounding noise to mean that my neighbors wanted me to be more quiet ;)
GG, Yes, they are aware of my condition - at least the wife is. And it was her husband who told us to pound on the ceiling if the kids got too noisy. Usually it works on the second pound. :)

To be honest, I don't like when he pounds because as I said, it just makes it worse for me.

When the wife got home she said that her Dad was looking after the kids and fell asleep. He doesn't speak English and was not aware of the situation. I figured it had to be something like that.

I spent some time in my recliner on the quiet half of our place (we have separate upstairs neighbours front and back and the back one is a single woman who is never home.

GG, Yes, they are aware of my condition - at least the wife is. And it was her husband who told us to pound on the ceiling if the kids got too noisy. Usually it works on the second pound. :)

To be honest, I don't like when he pounds because as I said, it just makes it worse for me.

When the wife got home she said that her Dad was looking after the kids and fell asleep. He doesn't speak English and was not aware of the situation. I figured it had to be something like that.

I spent some time in my recliner on the quiet half of our place (we have separate upstairs neighbours front and back and the back one is a single woman who is never home.

Gotcha. Sorry that happened. I had a monster headache this afternoon and one of my neighbors spent at least an hour blowing and mowing their yard. Argh.

Hope you're feeling better.

Sunday is coming upon us fast. Therefor, I deem that there be no aches and pains, headaches or other ailments. Everyone's dinner will be a smashing success, no family arguments brought on by imbibing too much. Everyone will enjoy watching the little kiddies play with their new toys. And for those that do not have any youngsters, they will just enjoy the peace and calm of the day. They will treasure the time they have with their loved ones.

May you all get your fill of football this weekend. May your tummies be filled with the delights of your kitchen. May all of the youngsters be well behaved.

And may you all have a Merry Christmas and for our non-Christians, Happy Holidays.

Thanks, Addie! I second all of that, especially the no aches and pains. The best gift I could receive is one healthy day! :)

We won't have any kids around this year - I will miss them all. But I will get to visit with both of my grand nephews (one on my side and one on TB's side) via Skype. That will be exciting.

I wish for peace and happiness for all.

Just made the nut mixture and the clarified butter for SO to make paklava. Next is lyonnaise potatoes.

Oh, and I have to wrap some gifts.

I finished the three layer chocolate cake with the Hershey's chocolate frosting. I made it for Pirate. His birthday is Tuesday. The cake will be gone by then. I can't eat any. And knowing Spike, he will take just the one piece.

The frosting isn't sweet, but rich. And the cake is so moist. Pirate is going up to the North Shore on Tuesday and my granddaughter-in-law asked if he would bring the cake with him. Looks like I will be making another one.

I made the cake with the KA. But for some strange unknown reason, I made the frosting by hand. Bad idea!!! I had to beat each addition of the powdered sugar in before I could add any liquid. My arm is now on the floor. I wouldn't mind, but I have the KA and a hand mixer.

My project for a rainy Christmas Eve: I'm listening to Pentatonix Holiday on Pandora and making bratwurst and sauerkraut. I've never made sausage in a casing before, or sauerkraut. We'll see how it goes :)

Attachments

• 1482601545174.jpg
    1482601545174.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 92
My project for a rainy Christmas Eve: I'm listening to Pentatonix Holiday on Pandora and making bratwurst and sauerkraut. I've never made sausage in a casing before, or sauerkraut. We'll see how it goes :)

I had a roommate that would make italian sausage using the meat grinder and sausage stuffer with the kitchenaid, it always came out great! I bet yours will too!

I'm enjoying the silence.

Oh yeah, busy day, every one was fed happy and got gifts, my daughter is sleeping, Mr Perfect is driving my brother home and every thing is just calm.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom