What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Getting ready to wait for Santa, I have a strip of bells that I walk through the unit with at Midnight. Unfortunately, many of our residents are hard of hearing. Co-worker gifts ready to go. Now I just need one more cup of coffee.

My project for a rainy Christmas Eve: I'm listening to Pentatonix Holiday on Pandora and making bratwurst and sauerkraut. I've never made sausage in a casing before, or sauerkraut. We'll see how it goes :)

Looking forward to seeing and hearing about the results. I love making sausage! I haven't made my own sauerkraut but might give it a try!

I am just about to make my two sponges for the yule logs. TB doesn't know I am making a separate gluten/dairy free one so I am doing the other one first and he should be off to his brother's by the time I am ready to mix the second one!

Mom arrived safely this morning. I skipped sleep today to spend some time with her, then I wrapped the gifts and hustled back into work. I'll ne hete until 7AM , then it's a rush to get home before anyone wakes up.

We just finished dinner, and I went outside on the porch to cool off just as Santa came flying over!!
What luck!
I spent the afternoon scoring and preparing the four ducks for the oven in the morning. They look quite beautiful and impressive if I do say so myself. SC had the great idea of using an Exacto knife for the scoring. Brilliant!

I'm heading for bed pretty soon. Have to be up at 6AM for an early morning Christmas breakfast with my daughter, SIL, and grandson Tyler. I'm not usually a morning person, but so looking forward to tomorrow AM. :wub:

Just realizing I was going to make my onion tart pastry tonight. Oops! So now it is stay up and get it done so I can sleep in, or go to bed hoping I get to sleep without coughing again and get up early to make it. It has to rest 2 hours before rolling out and then another hour in the fridge before baking. It is well worth the work but I am just kicking myself I didn't get it to the first chilling stage tonight.

I am finally relaxed enough to think of going to bed. It was a busy day, what with 2 1/2 loads of laundry (washed hand towels two days ago, just got them folded and put away tonight, so that is the "1/2"), baked, cooked, and put up the tree. *phew* Now after trying a Boulevardier (eh, OK, but with the price of Campari I'll drink it on its own) I am relaxed. Now I can trundle off to bed with visions of sugar plums in my head. G'night.

1225160714.jpg1225160728.jpg

Got the Christmas turkey in.

Its called Dorothy Lynch. Made here in Nebraska only available regionally. Its like a thick French dressing. I marinade everything in Dorothy. I found a knock off recipe online I've never tried it but it's with a shot If you want to try it. We usually bring a couple big jugs of it to Kentucky for my wife's family.

Here is a link to the knock off recipe. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/221917/dorothy-lynch-style-salad-dressing/

I think I've seen Dorothy here too. Will have to try it.

Just looked it up, available in 35 states, probably mostly in the midwest.

Last edited:
Finishing up the packing for our week long Mexican cruise. We leave tomorrow and don't need to catch a plane! WooHoo!!! Happy New Year everyone!! :sorcerer::sorcerer:

Have a great time, Kay and SC - and Happy New Year to both of you! Looking forward to seeing some pics! :flowers::wub::sorcerer:

Bon voyage, Kay and Souschef! Looking forward to your trip report, and Happy New Year!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom