What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got my reservations made for my trip to Ontario, did the caregivers' schedule, called and made appointments re: all the people I have to meet with about my brother's estate. Now I am binge-watching Orange is the New Black.

Thanks, CG! I'll tell your relatives hi from you. Happy trails, CWS. Hope all goes well!

Dang it to heck, sure wish I could get Orange is the New Black. Oh well, first world problems.

Last edited:
I am trying to register for some courses on advocacy; however, I am not getting very far. The courses I want are out of Ottawa and even though I just spoke with someone who took them, their site hasn't been updated since 2012! I have sent emails to both the school and a couple of the instructors. Hopefully, I will get an answer.

I have learned a lot just having to go through the system myself, but I really want to be able to help people and to fight against the stigma surrounding invisible/chronic illnesses.

Out of commission, twisted my back yesterday while making the bed. Luckily I have left over pain pills from last months chicken pox/muscle pain/kidney stone. But I did briefly pull out a holiday gift (block of linoleum and carving tool) and carve out a Star Wars silhouette to print out as one of the first items of framed decor in the new house.

Good for you, Dawg....! Safe travels to you, and to you too, CWS.

I hope you feel better soon, Flour.

Just checking in real quick, I've been down with a bug for the past 5 days and just now starting to feel human again. Didn't even feel like computering, now I have lots of catching up here to do. :)

Can't believe this thread kept going and going.....Incredible!

I just joined here and I am excited to learn from all of you. Cheers!

I am so frigging tired of being a caregiver and having to cook, clean, and do laundry all day long. And, I don't see that being in ON is going to be respite, just a different kind of busy. This being an adult is not all that it is cracked up to be.

CWS, I totally understand how you are feeling. I was Dad's caregiver for over 4 years. Even when he was in the hospital I was not "off duty", going back and forth with things, dealing with the doctors, etc.

I am sending you lots of love, hugs, thoughts and prayers.

I am apparently making a mess of things. Himself got a bag of "Jenny's Old-Fashioned Cheese Popcorn" when we were driving through Brewster, home of Shearer's Potato Chips, etc. The outlet store has this "come-hither" call as we drive down the road, like the song of the sirens. My hips have been shipwrecked. :ermm: Anyway, the floor has also been enjoying the corn. Guess it's time to quit nibbling. :LOL:

...This being an adult is not all that it is cracked up to be.
Just for you, CW. ;)

image7.jpg

It's not what I am doing, but what i am supposed to do, self Evaluation. I hate those.
Either I am working and doing what's required of me and then I get paid. Or I am not working hard and am not doing what is required of me and then I'm simply not working anymore, fired, G-d forbid. It should be that simple.
In the meantime I'm sitting in front of computer and trying to think if I should give myself 5 or maybe just 4 mark.

Kayelle, thanks for sharing. Now I KNOW where I want to go for our next cruise. Mexico! :)

I am working on my blog. I just watched a 90 minute documentary on the effectiveness of mega doses of vitamins on everything from the common cold to mental illness and curing cancer! Yep, that's right they actually said that mega doses of IV vitamin C and Niacin could convert cancer cells back to healthy ones. I took a lot of notes and want to dig further before I write my review of the film. I am learning that you really earn your money doing freelance writing! Another example of "be careful of what you wish for" :LOL:

And on this one I only make money if I decide to promote and sell the movie on my blog, which the jury is still out on. I have to believe in it myself first.

Kayelle, thanks for sharing. Now I KNOW where I want to go for our next cruise. Mexico! :)

I am working on my blog. I just watched a 90 minute documentary on the effectiveness of mega doses of vitamins on everything from the common cold to mental illness and curing cancer! Yep, that's right they actually said that mega doses of IV vitamin C and Niacin could convert cancer cells back to healthy ones.

Interesting. Linus Pauling said the same thing in the '70s. He took megadoses of Vitamin C and then died of cancer. Aside from that, it can cause headaches, nausea, vomiting, kidney stones and other unpleasantness. And it can interfere with the metabolism of some medications.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom