"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #1361
Chef Extraordinaire

Thank you for the thoughts, prayers & best wishes.

Old 01-15-2012, 12:59 AM   #1362
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Thoughts and healing vibes to you Simonbaker.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:01 AM   #1363
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
That sounds like a fun night.
It was. I had one 5% beer. We got home at about 23h00. I found a parking spot right across the street, but we had to pay $2/hour for four hours.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:53 AM   #1364
Senior Cook

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who gave me support last night.
I should clear a few things up though.
Technically they're not both my parents. My mum is, but she remarried a few years ago, so her husband is my stepdad.
I have been the parent for many years. Mum got diagnosed with bipolar disorder after a long time of depression and self harm. I have been looking after her ever since Dad left when I was 11, I'm now 20.
Her current husband is a great guy, just not supportive when it comes to her condition. He also suspects she is making arrangements to leave him for another guy, one of my many "random add" friends on facebook who "randomly added" her a few months back and who she constantly texts.
Oh and her hubby read her diary and apparently she was contemplating going off with some guy in Texas who she also met on Facebook.
Gee my life is exciting! Oh and my Dad disowned me a week ago. We won't go in to the details on that one, not now anyway!
Again thank you and sorry for that vent! To anyone who read it, poor you but thanks!
Old 01-15-2012, 02:00 AM   #1365
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezlehan View Post
Technically they're not both my parents. My mum is, but she remarried a few years ago, so her husband is my stepdad.
I have been the parent for many years. Mum got diagnosed with bipolar disorder after a long time of depression and self harm. I have been looking after her ever since Dad left when I was 11, I'm now 20.
Her current husband is a great guy, just not supportive when it comes to her condition. He also suspects she is making arrangements to leave him for another guy, one of my many "random add" friends on facebook who "randomly added" her a few months back and who she constantly texts.
Oh and her hubby read her diary and apparently she was contemplating going off with some guy in Texas who she also met on Facebook.
Gee my life is exciting! Oh and my Dad disowned me a week ago. We won't go in to the details on that one, not now anyway!
Again thank you and sorry for that vent! To anyone who read it, poor you but thanks!
That's what we are here for. Good luck.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:33 AM   #1366
Chef Extraordinaire

i'm sorry you've had to deal with such crap at a ypung sge, kez.

hopefully, karma will smile on you for your hard work taking care of your mom all these years.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:08 AM   #1367
Chef Extraordinaire

What I am doing at 3 a.m. is hoping when I go to bed in a few minutes, I will be able to get to sleep. I am on my crazy hours routine again. Up for most of the night, go to sleep somewhere around 3-4 a.m. and get up in the middle of the afternoon. I feel like I am missing my whole life when I do this.Of course I could do some housework until I get really tired. I was watching a John Wayne movie earlier hoping that would work. Movie was too good. So that didn't work.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:06 AM   #1368
Senior Cook

Thanks Addie and Buckytom! Yes I have all my fingers and toes crossed for that karma ;-)
Old 01-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #1369
Chef Extraordinaire

Good morning everyone. I had planned on going out on my scooter. Forget that. It is 7F. with a wind chill of -10F. We are still having wind gusts. And that is what is keeping our temps so low. Boston is ecstatic. They won last night. And it was COLD at that stadium. I am ready to go back to bed. I have only had three hours sleep.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #1370
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezlehan View Post
You are definetly earning your wings in this lifetime!