What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was watching this womens march on tv. Just because there are some of our own there. I guess I'm still confused as to what they want. Some odd costumes were worn. Gotta give them credit for creativity. Apparently the environment is not something they care about.

fc0255b2a68fb62a7ec114c798bde891.jpg

I just wonder where all these people stayed and where did they use the bathroom? Big boom to the local economy. I bet all the local food vendors made money like crazy.

I'm anxious to see what the girls have to say about everything when they get back.

Here are a few articles that help explain things.

- About that picture you posted of the signs, that wasn't in DC. They were left deliberately in front of Trump Tower in NYC as part of the protest. http://www.snopes.com/2017/01/22/womens-march-dumped-signs/

- What we want is not to be ignored or abused by the new administration. This was written by one of the speakers at our local march: http://www.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5884d544e4b0111ea60b9744

- One more about why: "I see a lot of "Why?" and a shake of the head from people who didn't get the march." http://www.globehoppers.us/2017/01/i-see-lot-of-why-and-shake-of-head-from.html

Here are a few articles that help explain things.

- About that picture you posted of the signs, that wasn't in DC. They were left deliberately in front of Trump Tower in NYC as part of the protest. Women's March Protesters Dumped Their Signs? : snopes.com

- What we want is not to be ignored or abused by the new administration. This was written by one of the speakers at our local march: http://www.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5884d544e4b0111ea60b9744

- One more about why: "I see a lot of "Why?" and a shake of the head from people who didn't get the march." GlobeHoppers: I see a lot of "Why?" and a shake of the head from people who didn't get the march.
Thanks for the links GG. Unfortunately, the second one gave an error message.

Cakepoet, maybe that's good if'n ya'll get it at the same time, get it over and maybe healthy the rest of the year :)
Blazing headache for me and I need to make a medieval tabard for my dog this week, I hope I wake up without headache tomorrow.

:huh: Scroll by? I figured when I joined DC and saw that the rules said "no politics or religion talk, no multiple user IDs, etc" it meant that there wouldn't be anything to "scroll by". Silly me...

I see this mostly as an exchange of information. There have been very few political opinions expressed. It's the opinions that get people hot under the collar.

Sure it good we are all ill, but one of us has to go out and get food we can drink, pancakes are even hard to eat and nothing taste good.

Trying very hard to calm my tummy down. I have an appointment with the foot doctor this PM and I don't want to get sick on the van or in the doctor's office. I am in no mood to go out today. We are in the middle of a Nor'easter. Not my favorite kind of weather. The rain comes and goes. But the winds are horrible. I want to stay inside.

I am doing everything in my power to NOT work on my deadline on a product review for the Chronic Illness Network. I put so much work in on the stigma campaign the last 10 days my brain is fried.

My sciatica on both sides has flared up which in turn had caused pain radiating up into my neck and up and down my back. I have taken one narcotic and refuse to take any more. I can only think it is from sitting at the computer for over a week.

And I can't ask for an extension on this one because our leader is going for surgery the day after the deadline so she won't be able to check in with the client.

Good thing though, I got half my desk cleaned and organized.

Thinking about soaking some dried beans and making some red beans and rice in the CP.

DH bought a bunch of stuff from our little grocery store that will be closing soon. Even though they advertised 30% off, they bumped up the price. Oh well, next week will be 40% off everything. I'll have to spelunk the freezer for a meaty hambone.

I was up all night last night for no reason I can think of, dropped off to sleep at 8am and then slept only 6 hours. So right now I have two sleeping tablets in me and I'm just waiting for them to take effect. I just want a normal night's sleep and to wake up before noon. If I get that, I'll be a hippy camper.

Hmmm, guess those pills are starting to work.

Night all!

Threw a partially consumed chicken breast carcass into a pot along with some tired vegetables, water, and herbs. I hate wasting anything, and even though we're just two people, I can't cook for any fewer than eight.

Oh well.

A bit of laundry going on too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom