"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-02-2013, 04:35 PM   #13731
Head Chef
 
KatyCooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 1,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I am in a very limited town, also. That's why I was so surprised they didn't have any that one day... unless you wanted "lite" or "yolk free" Yolk free egg noodles? I don't think so
Why the very idea!! Shocking! Egg noodles (the versions I know anyway) are definitely tastier with egg.
__________________

__________________
KatyCooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:44 PM   #13732
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,873
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I never gave egg noodles a great deal of thought. I just sort of thought of them as those noodles that Northern & Eastern Europeans roll out by hand for non-Italian food.
__________________

__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:53 PM   #13733
Head Chef
 
KatyCooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 1,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I never gave egg noodles a great deal of thought. I just sort of thought of them as those noodles that Northern & Eastern Europeans roll out by hand for non-Italian food.
Nor did I until I joined this site! But I keep seeing the term "egg noodles" everywhere and until now, Noodles have always been a Chinese/Asian version of pasta to me!
__________________
KatyCooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #13734
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I never gave egg noodles a great deal of thought. I just sort of thought of them as those noodles that Northern & Eastern Europeans roll out by hand for non-Italian food.
What would Chicken Noodle Soup be without egg noodles?

BTW, always a biggie in my house. I don't put potatoes in my CNS. One starch is enough. My kids were always looking for them. Do you put 'taters in your Chicken Noodle Soup?
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #13735
Head Chef
 
KatyCooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 1,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
What would Chicken Noodle Soup be without egg noodles?

BTW, always a biggie in my house. I don't put potatoes in my CNS. One starch is enough. My kids were always looking for them. Do you put 'taters in your Chicken Noodle Soup?
I've never made CNS, but I have to agree with you about not doubling up on the starch Addie.

There is a very odd tradition on my side of the pond for people to eat "chip butties". It's a bread roll - filled with chips! (fries). I simply cannot see the attraction myself!
__________________
KatyCooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #13736
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 16,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyCooks View Post

I've never made CNS, but I have to agree with you about not doubling up on the starch Addie.

There is a very odd tradition on my side of the pond for people to eat "chip butties". It's a bread roll - filled with chips! (fries). I simply cannot see the attraction myself!
I've always thought pierogies filled with mashed potatoes sounded odd, too. Btw, I've never heard of chicken noodle soup with potatoes.
__________________
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #13737
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
What would Chicken Noodle Soup be without egg noodles?

BTW, always a biggie in my house. I don't put potatoes in my CNS. One starch is enough. My kids were always looking for them. Do you put 'taters in your Chicken Noodle Soup?
Chicken noodle soup with egg noodles?!
Everyone knows you use kluski noodles
__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #13738
Head Chef
 
KatyCooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 1,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Chicken noodle soup with egg noodles?!
Everyone knows you use kluski noodles
What noodles??? I am worn out from Googling!

Anyway, back to pierogies.... at least they have something other than the dumpling and the potatoes... there is, (according to Wiki), meat or cheese or fruit in there too...

Now, I am going to look up Kluski noodles.... *trudges back to Google*

Update: Kluski "noodles" aren't "noodles" at all! They are made out of potato! (Sound nice though). :-)
__________________
KatyCooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #13739
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyCooks View Post
What noodles??? I am worn out from Googling!

Anyway, back to pierogies.... at least they have something other than the dumpling and the potatoes... there is, (according to Wiki), meat or cheese or fruit in there too...

Now, I am going to look up Kluski noodles.... *trudges back to Google*

Update: Kluski "noodles" aren't "noodles" at all! They are made out of potato! (Sound nice though). :-)
Kluski noodles aren't all potato based. They are also a thicker flour based noodle, also using egg, and hold up really well in soups.
__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #13740
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,524
Came home from the pool, closed due to the lightening. It's overcast & the air feels thick. A lot of lightening but no rain.
__________________

__________________
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.