What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Slept in after another trip to the ER (Tues night) and Observation stay (got home last night), having angina attacks, they sure feel like the real thing.

PF, the medics in our ambulances use the spray nitro for heart patients. It works immediately. I get angina all the time. But it took me a while to recognize it. It always starts in the exact same place. I grab my bottle of nitro and the pain goes. I find this happens when I am rushing around or trying to do too much. If I don't get relief by the third hit, I will call 911. But I have found that sitting down, take really DEEP slow breaths and a shot of the nitro work instantly.
I now have a bottle within reach at any place I may be. On my nightstand, in my purse, on my computer desk and in the pouch on my scooter. I will never take the nitro pills again. Too slow working.

Yeah, you are right. They do feel like the real thing. My cardiologist put me on Ranexa. At the time these attacks were occurring during the middle of the night while I was sleeping. I was terrified. The Ranexa stopped the attacks as soon as I took the first one. But after about two years I took myself off them. They were giving me terrible pains in my brain. It is one of the side effects. But they sure brought my heart down to a normal rate instantly. At the time he put me on them, they were rather new. Today I rely only on my liquid nitro. And it saves me some unnecessary trips to the hospital. The Ranexa got me on the right path to self management. The liquid nitro keeps me there.

Take care of yourself. And with your cardio doctor, learn how you can manage the angina and how to recognize it from a real cardio infarction. Prayers on the way up.

Slept in after another trip to the ER (Tues night) and Observation stay (got home last night), having angina attacks, they sure feel like the real thing.

Take care, Princess. Sending up big hugs and prayers for strength...you have a lot of gardening waiting for you this spring. :) :flowers::wub:

PF, PF, PF, what are we gonna do with you? I think our resident nurse NEEDS a nurse! You do your part with behaving yourself and getting healthy, we'll do our part with good thoughts and prayers. My prayer list is getting to the point where I'm going to have to say "You know who, Lord" just so I have time to sleep at night. :ermm:

A (hug) for you, a (hug) for Shrek, and more (((hugs))) for your folks.

Thanks, everyone. Trying to stay above water with this is difficult. I'm the biggest hypochondriac...well, I better get some sleep for rehab in the morning.

"Hugs" Princess - you are in our thoughts, please do us a favour and stop scaring us. I know it is selfish of us but we need you.

I am sitting here in a state of semi shock. About two weeks ago I notified Mr. Coffee that my rather expensive coffee maker just died. It was less than a year old. I sent the email expressing my displeasure with their product, and not expecting any response.

Well, today I received an email back informing me that they are sending me a replacement without a receipt or any other manner to prove my claim. And the model they are sending me, is $20 more than the one I bought. All Free. No sales tax, no shipping fee, NO NOTHING! I am impressed. In doing some research after the fact, I found out that there was a recall for one of their machines with almost the same product number. I have the feeling that the old maker I had was recalled also.

I started out with the Pyrex glass coffee maker. Perking coffee on the stove. Then to a Presto electric percolator. By then Mr. Coffee was in my range of affordability. So over the years, I have gone back and forth between MC and other brands. But I always come back to good ole Mr. Coffee. I think I will stay this time.

Our first coffee maker was...me. :) Our pot was similar to the one in the photo, but it had a similar grounds basket (bottom of picture) and water reservoir (right) that went on top of the pot. Put disc filter on the bottom of grounds basket, add coffee, and top with water tub. Pour boiling water in...and wait. No "sneak a cup" feature on THAT pot! :LOL:

I still have the metal parts, and a Pfaltzgraff coffee pot that matches my dishes. When we lose power I can still make coffee, since we still have our old Coleman 2-burner camp stove even though we gave up camping ages ago.

il_340x270.975724448_1g4k.jpg

Our first coffee maker was...me. :) Our pot was similar to the one in the photo, but it had a similar grounds basket (bottom of picture) and water reservoir (right) that went on top of the pot. Put disc filter on the bottom of grounds basket, add coffee, and top with water tub. Pour boiling water in...and wait. No "sneak a cup" feature on THAT pot! :LOL:

I still have the metal parts, and a Pfaltzgraff coffee pot that matches my dishes. When we lose power I can still make coffee, since we still have our old Coleman 2-burner camp stove even though we gave up camping ages ago.

il_340x270.975724448_1g4k.jpg

OMG! I forgot about those tin coffee makers that sit on top of the stove. My mother had one. We had all the inards, then the glass top got lost. At that time you could buy a replacement at Woolworth's. We got a new top, but by then we had turned into tea drinkers.

BTW, I love that ceramic pot. Very pretty and classy.

I ask my husband to drag out the showing machine so I could make some plastic bag holders aka sausages and some doll clothes. Im tired, I a want to go to bed.

Back
Top Bottom