What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Listening to DH watching the Hawkeye game. He's nothing but, um, extremely enthusiastic, to put it mildly. Thankfully he's in the other room, but I can hear his screeches and whistling from everywhere in the house.

I'm preparing football snacks. It's very loud in the family room. Not from Beagle or me.

I got my way in the end. I really didn't feel up to sitting through a football game. So I turned it on at the fourth quarter. We did it again. Right to the end.

BTW, if any of you folks want to be a fan of a winning team, we still have plenty of room for you to join us New England fans. Last word. My condolences to the Falcon fans.

...BTW, if any of you folks want to be a fan of a winning team, we still have plenty of room for you to join us New England fans...
You mean there's still room on the bandwagon? ;) I have more respect for people who stick with a team through thick and thin. Now if I was only as thin as MY teams' championship list. *sigh*

Finally getting a chance to sit down. I was on my feet all day and know I'll be sorry for it when I go to sleep tonight. There aren't enough bananas in the house to make sure I don't get leg cramps. Better make sure I have a good "alcohol rubdown" before I head to bed. :LOL:

You mean there's still room on the bandwagon? ;) I have more respect for people who stick with a team through thick and thin. Now if I was only as thin as MY teams' championship list. *sigh*

Finally getting a chance to sit down. I was on my feet all day and know I'll be sorry for it when I go to sleep tonight. There aren't enough bananas in the house to make sure I don't get leg cramps. Better make sure I have a good "alcohol rubdown" before I head to bed. :LOL:

That reminds me. I forgot bananas. I guess then I am not a bandwagon fan. As a kid, I could name every player on our then three teams. Celtics, baseball, and then hockey. Today, I can pretty much tell you what team they are playing for if I hear the name. But to recite the whole roster, I do have my senior moments. But I can tell you the colors of all four of our teams. Oh yeah. I can also tell you who our local announcer is for each team.

Surprisingly, the plane was less than half full. Since the destination was Boston, I'd guess most were fans.

I caught a red eye flight like that on the way back from Las Vegas to Boston. Went there for a wedding. Put the middle arm up, got a pillow given to me along with a blanket and slept the whole trip home. The only way to fly. Unless the Pats are playing!

I caught a red eye flight like that on the way back from Las Vegas to Boston. Went there for a wedding. Put the middle arm up, got a pillow given to me along with a blanket and slept the whole trip home. The only way to fly. Unless the Pats are playing!

SO and I each had a row to ourselves. I stretched out and listened to some music and napped waiting for the airplane's WiFi to come online so I could watch the game.

After a doctor's appointment earlier, I stopped at Kroger for a few things. Got a bonanza at the bargain shelf in the produce section :clap:

Each of these bags was 99 cents. I just bought a book called Preserving Italian which has a wonderful-sounding recipe for sweet and sour pickled bell peppers, so some will go for that. I'll make some quick pickled cucumbers, too. Yum.
0206171526_HDR.jpg

What am I doing? At the moment I'm giggling...at something I just finished making.

Glenn's son and his wife are about to have their second child (a girl) any day now and, of course, we're all excited and happy.

As it happens, Dana's birthday is Valentine's Day and the baby is due a few days after that. I'm thinking sooner since the full moon is in a few days.

At any rate I wanted to give/make something for her and the baby. I'd seen a tutorial on "cupcakes" made out of baby onsies and tiny socks.

WOW! They turned out soooooo cute. Plus, during my grazing trips to Goodwill, I came across an adorable balsa wood-like bakery box from a place called the Dancing Deer Baking Company. It's adorable and holds 5 onsie cupcakes perfectly. I can't wait to give it/them to her. I'll post photos if I get around to it.

Well, I did get some photos take of the "cupcakes" and I'm still learning about the new camera. Here are two views. They turned out better than I'd hoped.

Have a bite. They're high in fiber.:LOL::LOL:

Attachments

• IMG_1388.jpg
    IMG_1388.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1389.jpg
    IMG_1389.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 85
Those are adorable, Katie! :heart: I'm sure they will be well-received by the parents. I just hope the baby does end up being a girl. My Ob-Gyn kept telling me we were having two boys. I didn't want TWO boys. :ermm: Surprise! So glad he was wrong about Baby Two.

BTW, "Dancing Deer Bakery" is a high-end, all natural ingredients bakery from the greater Boston area. I'd seen their bags of cookies (maybe five in the bag? about 3 or 3 1/2 inches across?) at registers of small shops a few years back. The five cookies would go for about $8. :ohmy: Glad I'm not a cookie eater. I'm guessing they put the bags by the registers so they can sell them as whim purchases. I would be motivated to go home and bake a full batch of high-quality-ingredient cookies myself.

I've been waiting on Himself so we can get out to run a few errands before tomorrow's snow. We are predicted to get around a foot of the white stuff tomorrow. If he doesn't finish up with his grooming routine soon (what IS is with our guys, Dawg? I did not know men could stay in the bathroom for so long until I married this one...), I'm heading out on my own to get what I want/need. He's on his own in the snow if he needs anything I don't bring home. Harumph...

Those are adorable, Katie! :heart: I'm sure they will be well-received by the parents. I just hope the baby does end up being a girl. My Ob-Gyn kept telling me we were having two boys. I didn't want TWO boys. :ermm: Surprise! So glad he was wrong about Baby Two.

BTW, "Dancing Deer Bakery" is a high-end, all natural ingredients bakery from the greater Boston area. I'd seen their bags of cookies (maybe five in the bag? about 3 or 3 1/2 inches across?) at registers of small shops a few years back. The five cookies would go for about $8. :ohmy: Glad I'm not a cookie eater. I'm guessing they put the bags by the registers so they can sell them as whim purchases. I would be motivated to go home and bake a full batch of high-quality-ingredient cookies myself.

I've been waiting on Himself so we can get out to run a few errands before tomorrow's snow. We are predicted to get around a foot of the white stuff tomorrow. If he doesn't finish up with his grooming routine soon (what IS is with our guys, Dawg? I did not know men could stay in the bathroom for so long until I married this one...), I'm heading out on my own to get what I want/need. He's on his own in the snow if he needs anything I don't bring home. Harumph...

Yes, the baby IS a girl...at least from all the ultrasounds and imaging visits, 3D and all that.

The "cupcakes" are simply a onsie that is folded into a long strip with a baby sock at the beginning rolling end then, after it's all rolled up, the other sock becomes the cupcake "paper." I gilded the lily and used some large Wilton cupcake papers I had...and bought at Goodwill a long, long while ago.

Interesting about the bakery. I just thought the box was neat and bought it on a whim at Goodwill knowing I'd find a use for it. I do a lot of "impulse" buying there and, most times, those purchases end up being just the right thing for one job or another. It was less than a dollar and turned out to be perfect for this job.

I am sitting here silently fuming with the pharmacy. Due to the coming storm tomorrow, it was deemed to be in the best interest for the patients to have all their meds delivered. I get the first delivery of my daytime/bed time meds. I am missing five of my morning pills. I am also missing my pain meds. About two hours later, my pain meds arrive. By now I am not feeling too well. I feel like I may be coming down with the flu. I have never had the flu, and I don't want it now. But I still don't have my missing morning meds. I finally call the pharmacy and it seems that they discovered their error, so they will be sending me sometime tonight a whole new set of all my meds. I don't need all of them. Just the missing morning ones. Tonight could mean anytime up to 11 p.m.

Don't laugh. I have received my meds at that hour before. I am not feeling well and I need to stay awake in order to let them in. I really want to go to sleep.

BTW, our little 30 car pile up due to icy roads ended up being a total of 50 cars. And it hasn't even started to snow yet.

I thought your son is living with you. Couldn't he let them in?

He can. But he has neuropathy in his legs and feet really bad. I wait on him more than he does me. He falls a lot when his legs give out. And I don't want him to fall at the door. Someone will surely call 911.

The low pressure affects him even before the storm arrives. He was washing up a few dishes that were in the sink. I was laying down and heard a big thud. He had fallen again just standing there. He has learned how to fall in order to not break a bone. Most of the time he can pick himself up. Last week he was coming in the side door and fell on the cement steps. He tried to grab the railing, but missed hit. Instead his ribs hit the railing really hard. We though he had broken a rib or two. I don't know what he is going to do when he gets his own apartment.

He can. But he has neuropathy in his legs and feet really bad. I wait on him more than he does me. He falls a lot when his legs give out. And I don't want him to fall at the door. Someone will surely call 911.

The low pressure affects him even before the storm arrives. He was washing up a few dishes that were in the sink. I was laying down and heard a big thud. He had fallen again just standing there. He has learned how to fall in order to not break a bone. Most of the time he can pick himself up. Last week he was coming in the side door and fell on the cement steps. He tried to grab the railing, but missed hit. Instead his ribs hit the railing really hard. We though he had broken a rib or two. I don't know what he is going to do when he gets his own apartment.
I sympathize; I have neuropathy in my feet and legs as well. Does he have a walker? It sounds like it would be a great help to him. Falling can be extremely dangerous. I imagine Social Security Disability and/or Medicare would help pay for it.

Back
Top Bottom