What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got quite a great pleasant surprise yesterday.

I had a six month follow up appointment with my eye doctor. Since my cataract surgery, my lens in my right eye shifted a tad. Well yesterday it seems my lens went back to where it belongs and the vision in my left eye has improved tremendously. That has never happened my whole life. Every eye examine showed a loss of more vision in both eyes.

My whole life, the very first thing I did every single morning, was to reach for my glasses. Now I go several hours before I even notice I haven't been wearing them.

Fussing with the heart monitor I finally got. Have been asking for a monitor since last October since the symptoms I get don't happen in the ER or doctor's office. This thing, no wires, but the adhesive holding it on gave up the first day. Been patching it around the edges. Off to cardiac rehab...

Fussing with the heart monitor I finally got. Have been asking for a monitor since last October since the symptoms I get don't happen in the ER or doctor's office. This thing, no wires, but the adhesive holding it on gave up the first day. Been patching it around the edges. Off to cardiac rehab...

Would a pocket in the right place on your clothing be of any help? Or a patch of Velcro?

Would a pocket in the right place on your clothing be of any help? Or a patch of Velcro?

No, it needs direct skin contact. It's 1" x 2" with leads in adhesive, directly in contact with skin on my upper chest on the left. The adhesive was not made for people who move.

No, it needs direct skin contact. It's 1" x 2" with leads in adhesive, directly in contact with skin on my upper chest on the left. The adhesive was not made for people who move.

I love the ones they give you in the hospital. Completely portable with no wires. Of course it is programmed to their system. But it give you complete freedom of movement. The johnnies even have a pocket for them. The down side is that they are a bit on the heavy side.

wondering if talking to myself (commenting on random food recipes to just say i like them andPLAN to use them) is normal??

Who told you that? You? :ROFLMAO:

Good one!

Absolutely! I will be walking around doing something and will mumble to myself. Pirate thinks I am saying something to or about him. I tell him he is hearing voices in his head. When he mumbles, I will often hear what he said. I call him on it. He swears I have "teacher's ears."

For the past two days, Pirate and myself have been killing ourselves with cleaning. I mean deep cleaning. Grant you this is a studio apartment and it should be easy to keep clean or even clean it. The rule for cleaning was, "if you touch it or use it, then it gets a deep cleaning before you put it away." We finally got caught up on the laundry. So while the machine was running, I scrubbed the outside and used the Jubilee Wax on it. By the time I got through, my spine was in so much pain. I even took TWO Vicodin pills. Something I haven't done in more than two years. I usually only take one. But it was worth it. The house smells so clean. Time for a nap!

Got home from the farm show to find my ducks and goose started nesting. Several eggs in each nest. I'm pretty excited about that. Cross my fingers I have babies next month!

My Mom would say it's OK to talk to yourself. You have to start worrying when you start to answer yourself, though. :)

(see below! oh have i not done it on this site yet?? lol
Oh dear! Then I am in big trouble!

But then we all do it.

sounds good! I just dont want to be a nusance here, you know, being new and all.

anyway, might go see a movie tonight. um...omg. mind went blank! the keanu reeves movie though. :P (will come as soon as i post. watch! :P )

(see below! oh have i not done it on this site yet?? lol

sounds good! I just dont want to be a nusance here, you know, being new and all.

anyway, might go see a movie tonight. um...omg. mind went blank! the keanu reeves movie though. :P (will come as soon as i post. watch! :P )

John Wick 2...

Good one!

Absolutely! I will be walking around doing something and will mumble to myself. Pirate thinks I am saying something to or about him. I tell him he is hearing voices in his head. When he mumbles, I will often hear what he said. I call him on it. He swears I have "teacher's ears."

For the past two days, Pirate and myself have been killing ourselves with cleaning. I mean deep cleaning. Grant you this is a studio apartment and it should be easy to keep clean or even clean it. The rule for cleaning was, "if you touch it or use it, then it gets a deep cleaning before you put it away." We finally got caught up on the laundry. So while the machine was running, I scrubbed the outside and used the Jubilee Wax on it. By the time I got through, my spine was in so much pain. I even took TWO Vicodin pills. Something I haven't done in more than two years. I usually only take one. But it was worth it. The house smells so clean. Time for a nap!

I've seen this thread many times, but never popped in, until now. Not sure that was a good idea. :ohmy:

Let me see if I read this right, did you wax your washing machine? And, did you take two Vicodin? I grew up in the 70s, so I "experimented" a bit, and Vicodin scares even me. My doctor prescribed it after a major surgery. I filled the prescription, but was afraid to take it.

CD

I've seen this thread many times, but never popped in, until now. Not sure that was a good idea. :ohmy:

Let me see if I read this right, did you wax your washing machine? And, did you take two Vicodin? I grew up in the 70s, so I "experimented" a bit, and Vicodin scares even me. My doctor prescribed it after a major surgery. I filled the prescription, but was afraid to take it.

CD

She did and she did. If you spend enough time in this thread, all will become clear ;)

You do build up a tolerance with narcotic pain meds if you take them chronically. That's why some people end up overdosing on them without realizing it or meaning to.

One of our old neighbors had a very severe musculokeletal/nerve injury and was never able to go back to work. If Craig took the dose of narcotics our neighbor was chronically on daily, it would kill him, and Craig is a pretty good sized man.

CD

Have you ever taken Lortab for pain?

Have you ever taken Lortab for pain?

I had to Google that one. It sounds like Vicodin.

To be honest, Ibuprofen works very well for me. I've never felt the need for anything stronger. I can easily see myself getting hooked on an opiate pain killer. I'm at an age where I know myself fairly well. I have a feeling that an opiate pain killer would be a bad idea for me, so I'm very reluctant to use one.

I was also quite a thrill seeker the first half of my life. There wasn't much I didn't think I could do, especially if someone else did it. "If he can do it, I can do it" thinking can lead to a lot of broken bones and other physically painful experiences. So, I kind of got used to physical pain.

I've actually regained consciousness while being loaded into an ambulance, although I can honestly say that one was NOT my fault. I can also confirm the observations of many NFL quarterbacks that concussions suck. It doesn't hit you right away. It takes a few hours. Then, someone has to wake you up every hour, and you want to kill them.

CD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom