What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How many freezers do you have?

One. It is the left side of my 23 year old kenmore side-by-side. If I had more freezer space, I would just have more space for food to waste. I know myself. I used to deny what I knew about myself, but I am finally starting to accept it.

CD

You need a spouse. My wife decides when I've frozen something too long.

God, I miss Bolas and Harry. They would have never let me get away with a statement like that.

You need a spouse. My wife decides when I've frozen something too long.

God, I miss Bolas and Harry. They would have never let me get away with a statement like that.

I had a spouse. She was not one to throw anything away. I had to throw things away while she was out of the house. Most of the time, she never noticed what I threw away, as long as I kept my mouth shut. If she did notice something was missing, I just played dumb. I'm quite good at that.

CD

I am laying here on the only day I get to sleep in. Not sleeping in.

The dog wanted out at 2:30, My kid came in around 6:30 saying the horses got out and I need to fix the fence, which was OK because I was dreaming that I had just been in the back of a truck that flipped over and was now under water. Then the dog wanted out again at 7, but it was raining so he wanted right back in. So then I decided to lay here a while until I need to get up and fix the fence, feed the dog, drive 30 minutes to a client's house to look at a job, then hopefully figure out what to do for tonight's dinner. Maybe pork ribs in the smoker, or chicken on the grill.

Or let my wife cook. I'm tired. lol

caseydog: My exmotherinlaw was that way, when she and FIL was on holiday me and the her mum cleaned the fridge, freezer and pantry.

Then we replaced things you do need with new ones.

She only noticed when she used oregano and pepper in her pasta sauce, it got a very strong taste compared to her oregano from 1972, yes this was 1998...

Goose layed an egg out of the nest this morning so I'm cooking it for supper. This along with a few duck eggs. This is a 10 inch pan. FB_IMG_1488243549235.jpg

I like the idea of cooking stuff and freezing it for later, but in practice, I generally don't eat the cooked stuff I froze. I don't honestly know why. I just know if I make a big batch of something, I better eat it, or give it away, because once it goes to the freezer, I may as well consider it thrown away.

CD
I freeze a lot of soups. I can mostly but you can't can noodle soups. So I generally freeze them. Other than that I don't like leftovers. And its fun watching the cats and chickens fight over them.

Bucky....I miss Bolas and Harry too, and think of them often. I hope they're doing OK and having fun with life. Would be nice to see them check in. :)

Vinylhanger...sounds like you have a busy life what with the horses and fences and all! Hopefully you'll get a morning of sleeping in soon. :)

Jon...those eggs are some beauties.

CD...I love cooking up a big ham, or a pork shoulder roast etc., and portioning it out in vacuum sealed bags for the freezer. I cook for one most of the time, and it's great to have those goodies on hand for so many different meals. I have to be careful because I don't have a lot of freezer room either. But it sure is nice to be able to grab a little packet of ham for a split pea soup, or pulled pork for a couple of sammies....or chopped chicken for soup or casseroles....or....or....:LOL:
=============

It's a little after 10PM now and I'm close to heading for bed. I have a 7AM coffee date with a girlfriend I haven't seen in a while, which means I have to be up by 6. :mellow: Early morning is the only time she can make it. I'm usually up pretty early, but not used to getting presentable enough to head out the door to a public place that early. :LOL: Nighty night, all!

I freeze a lot of soups. I can mostly but you can't can noodle soups. So I generally freeze them. Other than that I don't like leftovers. And its fun watching the cats and chickens fight over them.

It is almost impossible to make a small amount of any kind of soup. And, one person can only eat even the best homemade soup for a certain number of days. So, it goes into the freezer, AKA the cold chamber of death, in my house.

CD

All the soups I make except one are large quantities with the intent I will freeze most of them future meals. On a night when you don't feel like cooking or am running late, I take a couple of servings of soup out of the freezer, toss them into the microwave and I have dinner. A fresh baguette and some butter or olive oil makes a good meal.

There are some things that go into my freezer to die but most don't.

Last edited:
Having a cup of coffee, might have two.It's going to be a long day.

Our truck has been stalling.NOT a good thing to happen on the freeway.
Joyrides like that aren't funny.They could have been in my younger days, but only if it was my parents car.
Play dumb after the discovery.:ohmy::ROFLMAO:

Son and I are grinding up some Elk and beef for burgers.
Package up some stew meats and making breakfast sausage today.

*Update on Mr Munky*
He's still in extensive therapy several times a week.
Getting back his independence to the point he's now able to drive again.
I think he tossed out the handicapped placard card. He's doing well.:cool:

Munky Badger.

I'm at work. For a brief moment it is QUIET and I have a minute to think. I'm going to lurk around here and see what's been happening. I've already had WAY too much coffee and need to run around, but this is more fun!

Alix, glad to know you think we're still fun around here! :cool:

...*Update on Mr Munky*
I think he tossed out the handicapped placard card. He's doing well.:cool:...
This is such good news, Munky! I am so happy for you and your family. :heart:

*Update on Mr Munky*
I think he tossed out the handicapped placard card. He's doing well.:cool:

Munky Badger.

That is so good to see! I am very happy for you and yours right now!

caseydog: My exmotherinlaw was that way, when she and FIL was on holiday me and the her mum cleaned the fridge, freezer and pantry.

Then we replaced things you do need with new ones.

She only noticed when she used oregano and pepper in her pasta sauce, it got a very strong taste compared to her oregano from 1972, yes this was 1998...

My mother-in-law was a fantastic cook, although she didn't cook anything healthy. It was awesome food, but I'd gain five pounds in a weekend at her house.

As for her kitchen, I had no doubt she was my wife's mom. Her fridge had any number of "science projects" in it at any given time.

My wife could not resist a bargain, so we would end up with food we were never going to eat because it was "on sale." I would try to reason with her, like telling her she just drove home with cheap food we are not going to eat in her new Mercedes. In one ear, and out the other. It is not a bargain if you eventually throw it away.

CD

We harvested some honey today - got almost a gallon from four frames.

Now we're cleaning the oven. DH put the scrap honeycomb on a paper-towel-covered rack over a roasting pan with a few inches of water in it in a low oven, to melt the wax. Then we cool it and it floats on top of the water for easy removal.

Unfortunately, some of the wax ended up on the bottom of the oven. I forgot about the wax, started heating the oven to proof some bread for dinner and OMG, the smoke! So now we're airing out the house and set the oven to 550F to clean it.

Did I mention that the electronic panel isn't working properly? So the self-cleaning cycle won't turn on, hence the high heat. We'll see how this works out.

Meanwhile, here's our freshly harvested honey :yum:0304171516_HDR.jpg

CD...I love cooking up a big ham, or a pork shoulder roast etc., and portioning it out in vacuum sealed bags for the freezer. I cook for one most of the time, and it's great to have those goodies on hand for so many different meals. I have to be careful because I don't have a lot of freezer room either. But it sure is nice to be able to grab a little packet of ham for a split pea soup, or pulled pork for a couple of sammies....or chopped chicken for soup or casseroles....or....or....:LOL:

I do put things like leftover ham in the freezer, vacuum sealed, and use them for future cooks, like bean and ham soup. It is finished meals that never seem to make it out of the freezer. Once I make that bean and ham soup, I eat it and give some away, as much as possible.

CD

Back
Top Bottom