What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That honey looks so good GG.

Right now I am on load two of three on laundry. Two whites and one colored. I didn't realize just how much had piled up on me.

I also got my HUGE box from Jet today. It wasn't my full order. More to come Monday. You just have to love living here in this building. I suppose it is the same in any building of this size. Because I get a monthly order from them, everyone who was downstairs wants to know how I can afford these package every month. I just smile a lot. It is a lot cheaper than buying these articles in the supermarket. And I don't have to lug them home.

Wow, nice honey harvest, GG! I can just imagine how delicious it is.

CD...I'm sure the recipients really appreciate your overstock! My lovely neighbors and I share food quite often. It's fun, and we enjoy sharing recipes along with the food. :)
--------------------
Right now I've got some short ribs browning on the stovetop for tonight's dinner, and a pork shoulder roast slowly simmering in the Nesco. I'll shred it when it's done and cooled off, then portion it out into vacuum seal bags for the freezer. I'll probably give some to my bachelor brother, and keep some for pulled pork tacos and sandwiches with BBQ sauce and caramelized onions on French rolls....so many possibilities. :yum:

That honey looks so good GG.

Right now I am on load two of three on laundry. Two whites and one colored. I didn't realize just how much had piled up on me.

I also got my HUGE box from Jet today. It wasn't my full order. More to come Monday. You just have to love living here in this building. I suppose it is the same in any building of this size. Because I get a monthly order from them, everyone who was downstairs wants to know how I can afford these package every month. I just smile a lot. It is a lot cheaper than buying these articles in the supermarket. And I don't have to lug them home.

I'm wondering why you don't share your shopping info with the other residents, Addie? Many of them would probably really benefit from that, too. ;):)

It was laundry day here, as well, with more to do.

I sent a pair of walker shoes back to amazon and
made a run to the store for burger buns. It started
to rain so will pan fry the burger.

I was looking at my online hometown paper, in Iowa,
and saw that the man that hired me for my first job
in high school passed so wrote a note on the funeral
home site. My first job was stocking shelves and carrying
out groceries at a Red Owl store. Life was so much simpler
then.

We harvested some honey today - got almost a gallon from four frames...
That's a nice harvest, GG! I still have some of the honey you gave to us. I've been using it with oatmeal or yoghurt. So Good! Thanks again.

BTW, I pick up a little citrus taste. Any idea what might be adding that flavor? Whatever it is, it's all good.

That's a nice harvest, GG! I still have some of the honey you gave to us. I've been using it with oatmeal or yoghurt. So Good! Thanks again.

BTW, I pick up a little citrus taste. Any idea what might be adding that flavor? Whatever it is, it's all good.
Thanks! I detect a citrus flavor, too, but I have no idea where it came from. We have no citrus trees in the neighborhood that I know of. I do have lemon balm in my herb garden, but I really doubt it's enough to flavor the amount of honey we harvested last fall.

In any case, I'm glad you're enjoying it! [emoji2]

Good stuff! Maybe we could get a fill-up on our little jar this coming November???

I'm trying to get used to my new Samsung G5 phone, two models up from the old one. So. Many. Changes! By the time I get it just right, it will be old and breaking down...

I just finished folding three loads of laundry. Pirate folded about two articles. I took one look and told him to go sit down. I don't know why, but I am fussy about how my laundry is folded. I think it may come from the time I spent working in a hospital. It was folded so that you could grab just one article or more. If you had to count, you could see exactly how many were on the cart.

Tomorrow I have to finish cleaning the oven. Then prepare the chicken for roasting. It has been years since I have made a stuffed roasted chicken. I picked up a Manager's Special roasting chicken. could have put it in the freezer, but I have a hankering for it.

I did clean the door earlier tonight. I asked Spike about taking the outside of the door off so I could clean between the two pieces of glass. Well we can forget that plan. I got a five minute lecture about all that was involved and the cost if I screwed it up. So then I ask about the possibility of spraying a little bit of the oven cleaner down the holes in the top of the door. I figured it could run out the holes in the bottom. Or I could then pour water down to rise out the oven cleaner. Oh dear. When am I ever going to learn to keep my mouth shut!

I'm wondering why you don't share your shopping info with the other residents, Addie? Many of them would probably really benefit from that, too. ;):)

Because there are only two computers in this building. Me and another person who uses his computer for religious purposes. And I certainly am not going to be taking their orders. I am not a clearing house for the building. They have children who have computers in their own homes. They see the name right on the boxes when they are delivered. They could tell their kids about it. Let them do something for their parents.

I don't mind looking up SS information for them. Or printing out information about a drug they are taking. I do enough for them. Let their kids step up and do something for them, for a change.

Also, you do have to be careful here with the elderly. If I were to order a cleaning compound or some other item, and the person became allergic to it, or some other harm, I would be responsible for that. That may sound mean to a lot of you, but it is a position I do not wish to find myself in.

Any other questions?;):)

Yesterday, I mixed up the spice/cure for a pork belly/pork loin porchetta, rolled and tied them up. With the rest of the pork belly, I put a cure on it for pork belly buns, going to try a new recipe that braises the pork belly, instead of dry roasting it like Momofuku's recipe. The cure involves a lot more ingredients as well, including star anise, cinnamon, coriander, fennel, sugar, salt, etc.

Having a long conversation with a red bucket... My husband tried to cook yesterday and well he said we need to have stash of emergency food for times like this.

Yeah I am not well but I am getting better, hubby is trying to cook using me as all knowing cookbook , sadly my good ear is blocked and I can barely hear him, it getting interesting.

Well, I'm family-ed out. Just got home from PA. Too many old people and little kids, along with a crazy BIL. DH's parents have been married since dinosaurs walked the earth, and there was a major celebration.

We had an interesting flight on the last leg of the trip. I've never heard flight attendants and pilots screaming "Get off the plane as quickly as you can! Leave your luggage!" I got half of my hair washed on the flight bridge. Tornadoes in the area. They made us stay in the restroom area after we all got half of our hair washed.

Too dark to see what the damage is, but a bunch of evergreen branches were lining our driveway when we finally pulled in. Our neighbor did tell us our house was still standing. It is.

Last edited:
All kinds of stuff going on. Taking my boy on a collage visit today. Finished up my smoker yesterday. Well not completely done but its usable and I work the bugs out. A good friend of mine had both legs amputated due to diabetes. I got a couple guys together to build him a wheel chair ramp. Next week we have to go to Ohio. My wifes aunt is in a nursing home and has to sell the house. She didnt have any children its up to my wife and her cousin and other aunt to do everything. This should be fun. She was a horder. At one time she had a lot of money so we have to sort throuh and determin what is high end stuff and whats dime store junk.

All kinds of stuff going on. Taking my boy on a collage visit today. Finished up my smoker yesterday. Well not completely done but its usable and I work the bugs out. A good friend of mine had both legs amputated due to diabetes. I got a couple guys together to build him a wheel chair ramp. Next week we have to go to Ohio. My wifes aunt is in a nursing home and has to sell the house. She didnt have any children its up to my wife and her cousin and other aunt to do everything. This should be fun. She was a horder. At one time she had a lot of money so we have to sort throuh and determin what is high end stuff and whats dime store junk.

Wow, that does sound like you do have a lot going on. Just how many colleges are you going to be visiting with him?

Are you going be going with your wife to help, or become a temporary stay-at-home dad to hold down the fort?

Wow, that does sound like you do have a lot going on. Just how many colleges are you going to be visiting with him?

Are you going be going with your wife to help, or become a temporary stay-at-home dad to hold down the fort?

Addie, Farmer Jon said "College". Not College's.
He also said "We" meaning he's going to.

Reading Farmer Jon's posts I'm wondering why you asked him if he's going to be a "Temporary stay at home Dad?" Far from it in my own humbled opinion.
Do you have issues with stay at hone Dad's as well?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom