What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm the same way. Spending the night in a tent, waking up and sitting in the cold while I try and cook over a fire. No thanks. Especially after three or four days. yuck.

I prefer my camping at a hotel overlooking the beach and watching the ships roll by with a glass of wine and my best chick by my side.

When my sister and I had the GS Troop, we took them camping. They had inside bunks. But the girls thought it would be fun to sleep outside. They did this for two nights in a row. I took the first night, my sister, the second. That was enough for both of us. Sleeping on the ground is no fun no matter how young you may think it is.

I love speel checker here.Almost typed up (Turd work) instead of yard work.
That last rain storm we had really made the weeds grow knee high over night.
Finishing up the front and back yards that I've been working on for 2 weeks ends today. Stop shaming the neighbors.They gossip.
I'm so going to sleep in tomorrow.

Maybe speel checker was right it is turd work.

That works! Actually, DH and I went to an RV show a few weeks ago to look around. We'd like to get one that's all in one piece and pull a car. I need access to the bathroom ;)
Oh yes I agree. We had campers without a bathroom. Early morning trips to the outhouse are not fun. I like my own shower too. It's a little small but thats ok.

I would LOVE to have an R-Pod, the newest one with the nice big bathroom and shower in the rear, but alas, DH is not as he says a camper... I prefer to look at it as glamping or even workamping at some of the National Parks. Oh well.

As to what I'm doing...
It has been so gorgeous here in the middle of the desert this past week, temps in the mid to high 70's during the day and high 30's-low 40's over night.

I had to go to the Home Improvement store to purchase some under cabinet lights for the kitchen (I hired an electrician to come in to install them along with some pendant lights over the kitchen island) and I made my entry on this trip through the Garden Center. I'm such a sucker!

003.JPG

I started my first Potted Herb Garden at our new home, YAY!
Let's hope that the over night temps don't drop too low in the next coupla weeks, or those cuties are coming the house!

I would LOVE to have an R-Pod, the newest one with the nice big bathroom and shower in the rear, but alas, DH is not as he says a camper... I prefer to look at it as glamping or even workamping at some of the National Parks. Oh well.

As to what I'm doing...
It has been so gorgeous here in the middle of the desert this past week, temps in the mid to high 70's during the day and high 30's-low 40's over night.

I had to go to the Home Improvement store to purchase some under cabinet lights for the kitchen (I hired an electrician to come in to install them along with some pendant lights over the kitchen island) and I made my entry on this trip through the Garden Center. I'm such a sucker!

View attachment 26435

I started my first Potted Herb Garden at our new home, YAY!
Let's hope that the over night temps don't drop too low in the next coupla weeks, or those cuties are coming the house!

Do you have any plastic bags from grocery shopping? Use them to cover the plants during the nights when you think they will need some protection. Gather some twigs to peg the bags down. But you do need to poke a small hole or two in the bags so that the plants can breath.

Last edited:
Nope, not plastic Addie. The recommendation is to use fabric.

K-Girl, you can probably get away with just tucking those pots up against the house since your patio is so deep. If you want extra protection, if you have something like an old sheet that works great. Doesn't matter if it touches your plants, they'll be fine.

New Rommate for Us

Our granddaughter just graduated from American Airlines flight attendant school and has been stationed in Boston. She will be staying with us as housing in Boston is out of sight expensive.

She and her mom (SO's daughter) are driving up from Florida today and are scheduled to arrive Sunday morning. Mom will fly home Tuesday (for free).

We're excited to have her staying with us. She's a terrific young lady and a pleasure to have around.

attachment.php

I'm a confirmed car camping buff. I like the out-of-doors, but I want to be as comfortable as I can be while I'm liking it.

Having said that, if and when I ever qualify for federal disability, I should have a good chunk of change coming my way. Enough to buy land of my own, but not enough to put a house or anything on it. So I guess then I'll be car camping on my land for a couple of years until I save some money. I'm sort of looking forward to that, though. Of course, I can say that right now because I'm inside and it's warm. LOL

As to what I'm doing, well, I have Live PD on the computer and while I watch that (2 1/2 hours), I'll be putting in the boards for my shabby chic dollhouse. I have individual floor boards that are going on the floor and eaves of the upstairs bedroom and on the downstairs ceilings between the beams in the kitchen and living room. After that, they'll get painted a soft ivory white. When I'm done with that, I can start wallpapering.

Last edited:
Our granddaughter just graduated from American Airlines flight attendant school and has been stationed in Boston. She will be staying with us as housing in Boston is out of sight expensive.

She and her mom (SO's daughter) are driving up from Florida today and are scheduled to arrive Sunday morning. Mom will fly home Tuesday (for free).

We're excited to have her staying with us. She's a terrific young lady and a pleasure to have around.

;) Looks like you are going to be outnumbered. You need to get your grandson over more often to even it up. Glad to hear the happy news. And you are so right about expensive. But remember, she has to maintain a certain weight. Hope that doesn't mean you have to make special low calorie foods for her. Because if you don't, she is doomed. ;)

I'm a confirmed car camping buff. I like the out-of-doors, but I want to be as comfortable as I can be while I'm liking it.

Having said that, if and when I ever qualify for federal disability, I should have a good chunk of change coming my way. Enough to buy land of my own, but not enough to put a house or anything on it. So I guess then I'll be car camping on my land for a couple of years until I save some money. I'm sort of looking forward to that, though. Of course, I can say that right now because I'm inside and it's warm. LOL

As to what I'm doing, well, I have Live PD on the computer and while I watch that (2 1/2 hours), I'll be putting in the boards for my shabby chic dollhouse. I have individual floor boards that are going on the floor and eaves of the upstairs bedroom and on the downstairs ceilings between the beams in the kitchen and living room. After that, they'll get painted a soft ivory white. When I'm done with that, I can start wallpapering.

Sounds like a nice way to spend an evening, RR. :) Would love to see pics along the way if you care to share. :flowers:

I love the outdoors as well, and used to camp with the bare minimum.....but now that I'm getting a little on up there, I'm with those who want to 'camp' with a bathroom and hot water nearby. LOL :LOL:

I've been spending the last few evenings doing some last second pruning in the Orchard. The trees have been neglected for probably 20 years or so. We've done some minor pruning over the last couple of years, but it was time for some major trimming.

In addition to the pruning, we needed to get the blackberry vines out of the fruit trees. We've tried everything, but a pair of hand clippers and a lot of patience seems to be the best way to get it done

2 more trees and we should be ready for spring... and fruit pies and cobblers and vinegar infusions and...

Having said that, if and when I ever qualify for federal disability, I should have a good chunk of change coming my way. Enough to buy land of my own, but not enough to put a house or anything on it.

Do you mean Social Security disability? I've been on that for four years. Let me in on the secret of how I qualify for a chunk of change.

Received a letter from a place (can't mention their name) saying that they had been doing some account auditing.
They apparently owe me some money. How much, we don't know.
They didn't say.

The year that they're auditing is 2009. Why did it take so long to figure that out? I have 14 days to respond from the day it was sent.I might be able to get the form sent back in time.Not really counting on it though.It's the weekend.

We did have a feeling at the time that we were being over charged.Paid it anyways.Were talking a few thousand. Or maybe it's just a refund of 14 bucks.That would just be my luck...LOL!

I'm not really impressed that a time was given for me to respond.
Considering at the time of service they insisted that they receive their money now, like yesterday!

They wait eight years and give you less than two weeks to respond? Sheesh. (Less than two weeks, because it's from the date they sent it, not the date you received it.)

They wait eight years and give you less than two weeks to respond? Sheesh. (Less than two weeks, because it's from the date they sent it, not the date you received it.)

Exactly!

That place has a a bad reputation for dirty accounting practices.
Maybe Monday I'll drive over and hand deliver it.And yes I want MY stamp back.:LOL:

Nope, not plastic Addie. The recommendation is to use fabric.

K-Girl, you can probably get away with just tucking those pots up against the house since your patio is so deep. If you want extra protection, if you have something like an old sheet that works great. Doesn't matter if it touches your plants, they'll be fine.

That's a good idea CG!

WAHOO Andy!! How long will DGD be with you? And I hope she gives you guys free buddy passes in exchange for free rent ;)

Thanks, K-Girl.

Our granddaughter just graduated from American Airlines flight attendant school and has been stationed in Boston...We're excited to have her staying with us. She's a terrific young lady and a pleasure to have around.
Sounds like a wonderful opportunity for you all to spend a little time together. I wonder how much time she will be at home base, though, since she'll be making friends with pillows all over the country. ;)

I've been at the kitchen sink puttering, but mostly watching the antics of our friendly squirrels. When I tossed a bunch of peanuts out, I was able to flush six of them from their nests! Decided I had nearly as good a view sitting at the kitchen table when my feet said "sit down!". :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom