What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm poor, I am on top up social welfare, my social welfare isnt made to keep in the system. It is geared to get a job, I have to go to courses and show I am willing to work. My husband got his job through them, it isnt a full pay job so we get top up instead.
I am ill, so they help me with getting disability payment, which is a very long process, 3 years now and still a year more to go.

Also we dont do food stamps ( it is seen as pointing out some is poor), I get money it calculated every months how much we need and we have to hand in the form every month. I get to be adult and do my own budget and fail too. I get dental care, medicine and health care.

Oh when you work in Sweden and get ill, if you have the flu, you have to stay home until you are fever free and stay home 48 hour after last vomit if you have tummy flu, you will get 80% of your dayly wages for doing this. Why? Well it prevents epidemics and this means less people get sick, it like you take one for the team. If your child get sick, you can stay home and still get paid, it call Vabb, yet again take one for team so there be no epidemic. February is nicked named Vabbruary because that is when most kids are sick.

I could also tell you about state founded daycare if you want to

Yeah, I think that's exactly it. Many Americans have the mistaken notion that they will pay an outrageous amount in taxes and have a lower standard of living.

I live in Canada with socialized medicine. We don't pay most of our income in taxes. We own a townhouse and a car, but my husband usually takes the bus and Metro. And yes, we have our own washer and dryer.

Here's an article about taxes and the Swedish system by an American who lives in Sweden:

http://www.vox.com/2016/4/8/11380356/swedish-taxes-love

Canada is different than Europe. That's one. The you guys too have issues with medical care. My friend's mother needs a surgery, the wait is 2 years. It might be hard to get to see a new doctor here, but if you need surgery, bam, and you have it.

Thanks to affordable care we now paying more than $450 a month for family, plus dental. And our deductible is $6000. that's double from last year and triple from the time before Affordable care.

Ho Hum, totally bored. If I wanted to read about US and the Insurance Problems I'd turn on Fox News. Can we get back to the intent of this thread and just talk about what we are doing?

I'm waiting for my lunch break...

I am home with the runs... no so interesting but that is life. Been watching two jackdaws making more jackdaws outside my window. And please dont turn on Fox, their Swedish "experts" fake.

I've been playing with "DeepArt": https://deepart.io/#

0ff297e92aac3ab1aca85a82c48091c7.jpg

915dd42b0cf4dcaec44ea25449c81a57.jpg

I live on what used to be an island. Now it is connected to the North Shore. But we are part of Boston. We are only five minutes from Downtown Boston by taking the T. The T covers areas from Boston to Maine and down to Providence. We have the subway, busses, commuter rail, and the ferry. All to get folks to work in Boston.

Oh my goodness - that sounds like it's lovely. None of the cities that are close to me have subways but there are rumors. My city on has something called ICPTA. You can call and pay 3 dollars one way, but i you are a caregiver and the person you are a caregiver to is 65+ you can ride for free if you have the other person with you.

Oh my goodness - that sounds like it's lovely. None of the cities that are close to me have subways but there are rumors. My city on has something called ICPTA. You can call and pay 3 dollars one way, but i you are a caregiver and the person you are a caregiver to is 65+ you can ride for free if you have the other person with you.
I'm an hour north of you in Portsmouth. There will be no subways in our area. It would be way too difficult and expensive to dig into, and shore up, the sandy soil we have here. Up north, there's a lot more rock closer to the surface, so they can build taller buildings on a stable base.

I'm an hour north of you in Portsmouth. There will be no subways in our area. It would be way too difficult and expensive to dig into, and shore up, the sandy soil we have here. Up north, there's a lot more rock closer to the surface, so they can build taller buildings on a stable base.

Nice to meet you, neighbor! You have a point with the soil conditions. I just wish EC was big enough to have a lightrail or something similar.

Ho Hum, totally bored. If I wanted to read about US and the Insurance Problems I'd turn on Fox News. Can we get back to the intent of this thread and just talk about what we are doing?

I'm waiting for my lunch break...

I am sitting here wondering why I received two Vitamin D pills instead of the med I ordered. I am waiting for a call from Winthrop.

And I think I will stop drinking so much coffee. I am on my last cup until the first of next month. Time for tea. I use less sugar when I drink that and I don't use milk. Coffee it is sugar and half and half. Fewer calories also when I drink tea.

I had physical therapy come yesterday to check me. Today it will be occupational therapy at five p.m. Just something I have to do every six months.

Yesterday, OT knocked on my door. I had just put a small pat of butter in the pan to make my burger. She knocked, I ran to the door and forgot all about the stove. In the middle of talking to me, the smoke alarm went off. Fortunately Pirate grabbed a plastic bag and covered up the alarm and opened up the window. All was quiet again. It only lasted for about 1.5 minutes. A real easy fix with the plastic bag.

I also got a report of my blood work. My Vitamin D levels are very low. That was the least and very last concern I thought I would ever have concerning my health. I have been counting of all the half and half I go through to keep my calcium levels at the right height. I am still sitting here in shock.

I think I should go to "My Chart." That is a computer program that I can go to check for meds, lab and Xray results, etc.

I am sitting here wondering why I received two Vitamin D pills instead of the med I ordered. I am waiting for a call from Winthrop.
I also got a report of my blood work. My Vitamin D levels are very low. That was the least and very last concern I thought I would ever have concerning my health. I have been counting of all the half and half I go through to keep my calcium levels at the right height. I am still sitting here in shock.

I have a feeling these two things are related.

...I also got a report of my blood work. My Vitamin D levels are very low. That was the least and very last concern I thought I would ever have concerning my health. I have been counting of all the half and half I go through to keep my calcium levels at the right height. I am still sitting here in shock...
Addie, Himself has been on Vitamin D for several years. He's a much more regular user of milk, compared to me. The tub of yogurt I have in the fridge right now doesn't show Vitamin D on the label, but I grabbed a 2%. I'll need to check the whole milk version when I shop tomorrow. My NP just added Vitamin D to my daily regime. She said that it's really hard to get enough sunlight up here so that your body can make its own.

If you're using Market Basket half-and-half, there is no added Vitamin D. I don't even know if any half-and-half adds it. The only naturally occurring calcium is a mere 4% RDA for each 2 tablespoons. You would need to use 25 2-tablespoon servings, or about a pint and a half, every day to reach your RDA of calcium if you aren't getting it from any other source. I'm guessing that at 40 calories per serving calcium intake would be a smaller problem than a weight gain. :ermm:

I have a feeling these two things are related.

You are right. I went into my chart and took a look at my recent blood work. Even my red blood count is out of whack. Another shock to my system. I need to start eating right. I have to have the worst eating habits of anyone I know. In fact there are days I don't even eat.

You are right. I went into my chart and took a look at my recent blood work. Even my red blood count is out of whack. Another shock to my system. I need to start eating right. I have to have the worst eating habits of anyone I know. In fact there are days I don't even eat.

You've mentioned your poor eating habits before Addie - also that you control your diabetes by 'diet alone'. I'm curious as to how? Especially with all those cups of coffee with added sugar during the day...?

Just woke up a bit ago from a nice hour long nap. Looking through the fridge to see what I can conjure up for an easy dinner this afternoon. :chef::)

Back
Top Bottom