What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good luck with your Dr appointment and your blood work, Addie.

Mom had to have an upper GI one time with the icky chalky stuff to drink, the hospital in town keeps the cold and gave her a straw to use with it, and she was fine.

We always try to get Dr appointments in the afternoons if possible. Between getting breakfast done and getting ready for the day it takes Mom a while. If there is fasting blood work to be done, we bite the bullet and get up early but do breakfast when we get home.

Hope you got your nap and had a good day yesterday.

I have had that nasty chalk drink a few times. And each time I gave the warning to have a pan ready and take the pics real fast. True to my word, as fast at it went down, it came back up. But I have to admit. They took that pic real fast.

I finished doing four loads of laundry. I don't like what the dryers here do to my clothes. So up and down to the laundry room. I have a really large rack for drying clothes. Hanging up four loads is more than I should have tried to tackle. I was exhausted by the time I got the last thing on the rack. Shut down the computer and headed for my bed. I made the mistake of watching Law & Order. By the time the show was over, I was wide awake. So here I sit.

Been sick the past couple days. I forced myself out of bed at noon Saturday because I had to my chickens moved. The broilers were too big for thier temporary pen in the feed shed. The chicks were too big for the hot box. I don't have me second coop done yet. I have to move it a little bit and level it up but Its been muddy I haven't been able to do anything. I ended up putting the broilers in the old corn crib I moved in. But they are partially naked and its been in the 30s at night. I took some 55 gallon barrels I was using for trash and cut the bottoms out of them. Then split then down the side. Then I srewed a couple 2x4s in there to make kind of a minature quonset hut. Shoved a bunch of straw in there. They all made it the first night. Should be good from here out. By the time I got thier old pen cleaned out and the little chicks moved I was exhausted. It was 3 o'clock. I said hell with it. I'm sick but I'm having a couple beers. Then I went to bed early.

Attachments

• received_10154167683541017.jpg
    received_10154167683541017.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 77
Been sick the past couple days. I forced myself out of bed at noon Saturday because I had to my chickens moved. The broilers were too big for thier temporary pen in the feed shed. The chicks were too big for the hot box. I don't have me second coop done yet. I have to move it a little bit and level it up but Its been muddy I haven't been able to do anything. I ended up putting the broilers in the old corn crib I moved in. But they are partially naked and its been in the 30s at night. I took some 55 gallon barrels I was using for trash and cut the bottoms out of them. Then split then down the side. Then I srewed a couple 2x4s in there to make kind of a minature quonset hut. Shoved a bunch of straw in there. They all made it the first night. Should be good from here out. By the time I got thier old pen cleaned out and the little chicks moved I was exhausted. It was 3 o'clock. I said hell with it. I'm sick but I'm having a couple beers. Then I went to bed early.

Thank you, Jon...
I will not bitch because I forgot my umbrella when I went to the pharmacy...I will not bitch because I forgot my umbrella when I went to the pharmacy... I will not bitch because I forgot my umbrella when I went to the pharmacy...I will not bitch because I forgot my umbrella when I went to the pharmacy...

I have had that nasty chalk drink a few times. And each time I gave the warning to have a pan ready and take the pics real fast. True to my word, as fast at it went down, it came back up. But I have to admit. They took that pic real fast.

That's a good idea to have the pan ready for any eruptions that might happen.

Addie - hope you get a nap later. Which Law & Order is your favorite? I happen to be partial to SVU. Who would ever think that Ice T would play a detective?

Farmer Jon - hope you feel better soon.

Not doing much today - waiting for roast to get done in crockpot so I can fix the gravy in the juices and listening to Top 20 on CMT.

Reading the news, a bus with 52 students ( 14 years of age), 6 teachers, 1 buss driver has fallen side way into ditch, so far 3 dead, 2 critically injured and 20 still in hospital, the rest minor. It is double decker bus and it is laying on it side , the ditch isnt deep at all and the bus is just laying there like it took a nap. So far there is no reason to why and not clear what happen.

Cleaning out the bottomless pit of a freezer that's below the fridge. Got the bottom compartment sorted out. Next is the top shelf. Trying to make room for stuff. It's amazing how many different bread products we have frozen.

Cleaning out the pots and pans cabinet and shelves. Sterilizing equipment for my second white cheddar4 today. Weather is going to be warm, so raking out a small garden spot!

Andy, please come over and tackle my freezer next. I'm afraid of the thing.

I'm baking brownies. I know, I hate to bake. But these were foolproof. I've been in hot pursuit of the Ghiradelli dark chocolate cake mix that kleenex swooned over in one of her reviews, no luck yet, but I did find Ghiradelli caramel turtle brownie mix.

Last edited:
I got a call from them this AM. Googled it and it's some company that wants access to your computer.

Not just no but H&*( no!

Well, isn't that the same as a number of the Devil?

My sister had a vanity plate. BAD 6666. She got more comments from total strangers. One of her girlfriends refused to ride in her car.

I am so happy that they made it through the night. Now stay in bed until you feel like your healthy self. And I bet those beers will help you. If not keep them coming until they kick in and get you back on your feet.

Watching the ACM awards. Joe Walsh, Dierks Bentley, and Luke Bryan killin' it with a tribute to Chuck Berry's 'Johnny Be Good'.

Last edited:
Addie - hope you get a nap later. Which Law & Order is your favorite? I happen to be partial to SVU. Who would ever think that Ice T would play a detective?

Farmer Jon - hope you feel better soon.

Not doing much today - waiting for roast to get done in crockpot so I can fix the gravy in the juices and listening to Top 20 on CMT.

I watch Criminal Intent. SVU is very often about children or rape and I get just too upset seeing children in peril or pain. I know it is only fiction. But as they show at the beginning of a show, it is often based on a case that may have been in the news.

I'm still reading the news. The buss driver is from this area, the bus used it the one we sometimes commute with. The teachers is my close friend collages.

Back
Top Bottom