What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Himself hasn't started either. I told him he had best get going in case I misplaced paperwork and need to hunt for it.

I've been listening to the baseball game online, watching the tablet screen for the basketball game, and wallowing in a food coma. Too. Much. Good. Food. Meanwhile, the Cavs won and the Tribe might not. Still a good day all-in-all.

When I was earning enough to have to file taxes, I always kept a folder and tossed any piece of paper in it that I thought might be related to taxes. Specially anything with an added sales tax on it. Reduced my State taxes to a refund. It didn't matter what order, I just tossed them in their. Then around the middle of December I would work on sorting it all out.

We are getting ready to head out to look at homes for sale. Ours finally sold Tuesday and we got the papers last night. So, onto a new phase of stress :wacko: but happy to have the first step behind us.

We are getting ready to head out to look at homes for sale. Ours finally sold Tuesday and we got the papers last night. So, onto a new phase of stress :wacko: but happy to have the first step behind us.

Congratulations LP :)
Are you looking around local or farther away from where you are now?

Maybe you can just have the glass replaced???

Well the door was taken into the glass shop.
Because NOTHING! in this house is normal (Custom designed/built at the taxpayers expense!) to replace the window at our expense will be $400.00.
Ouch! Now my pride is hurt.:ermm::ohmy::LOL:

It's not a standard door.They call it a classic.It will be a week to have the glass replaced.

Getting ready to download TurboTax. Being self-employed, I know I am going to owe money, so I wait until April 14 to file.

FYI, unlike people who work for an employer, instead of paying 6.2-percent to FICA, I pay 15.3-percent in "self employment tax." And, any deductions I have only apply to Federal Income Tax, not the self-employment tax. So, the absolute minimum tax bill for me is 15.3-percent. Federal income tax is collected on top of that.

CD

Getting ready to download TurboTax. Being self-employed, I know I am going to owe money, so I wait until April 14 to file.

FYI, unlike people who work for an employer, instead of paying 6.2-percent to FICA, I pay 15.3-percent in "self employment tax." And, any deductions I have only apply to Federal Income Tax, not the self-employment tax. So, the absolute minimum tax bill for me is 15.3-percent. Federal income tax is collected on top of that.

CD

I downloaded my TT about a month ago. Already filed my 1065 partnership return which was due 3/15. My wife is my business partner. I basically have everything else on the 1040 ready to go.....I just haven't hit the "File" button yet. Like you, I'll wait til the last minute....:LOL:

Last edited:
Got my teeth cleaned. The Tooth Nazi (as I refer to her, nice lady but a bit rough) always gives out a goody bag afterwards. She gave me a blue toothbrush, and asked if the color was OK. I told her, no problem, as long as it wasn't pink. DH's favorite color is pink.

We both cracked up. The office wondered what was going on, we were giggling so much.

And I'm still protaxinating. Hoping to get my Tax Act together this weekend.

Last edited:
That is great news about Jasper, Farmer Jon! Hope he grows out of any other allergy that might be hanging on.

LP, congrats on selling your home! Hope you find the next home of your dreams in short time.

I've been sitting and thinking about doing something. The good news is, we'll eat tonight. It's hardly a news flash, though, that thinking about doing a job doesn't actually get the job done.

Just remembering some of the great food memories from my youth.

Kmart Cafeteria's Apple Dumpling and their Rice Pudding with Raisins.
Woolworths Cheesecake square with Graham Cracker Crumb topping and then a
Cherry Coke fountain drink.
Triangle Cafe, cherry phosphate.
Matts Cafe, Roast beef, mashed potato and gravy sandwich "oh so good".

These places are long gone, sad to say.

Kmart still exists. They merged with Sears. It's like two terminal patients getting married. The merged company is on life support, and may go out of business soon.

CD

Kmart still exists. They merged with Sears. It's like two terminal patients getting married. The merged company is on life support, and may go out of business soon.

CD

I know all about Kmart (I worked there for 23 years), right up front in the" battle field". :) I supervised checkouts and I also worked the service desk. They closed their cafeteria here years ago. They did close our Kmart here last month.

Congratulations LP :)
Are you looking around local or farther away from where you are now?

LP, congrats on selling your home! Hope you find the next home of your dreams in short time.
Thanks, Munky and CG!

We were planning to move to the next city over, Langley because TB's parents and brother live there and that's where the rest of the clan gather when they come from other parts. Today at lunch his parents informed us that they may be moving in the near future and aren't sure where they will go! All the places we can afford in Langley are three storey townhouses that just aren't great for two old arthritics like Violet and me.

So, since we aren't tied to family, and we really want a house, we are considering moving out further where we can get a house through a childhood friend of mine. This has all happened in 24 hours so our heads are spinning. We go out to look at it on Saturday and for now, we are taking a break from any local house shopping.

Oh, and this new town would be on the traveling route of at least half of the rest of the family! :)

Last edited:
Thanks, Munky and CG!

We were planning to move to the next city over, Langley because TB's parents and brother live there and that's where the rest of the clan gather when they come from other parts. Today at lunch his parents informed us that they may be moving in the near future and aren't sure where they will go! All the places we can afford in Langley are three storey townhouses that just aren't great for two old arthritics like Violet and me.

So, since we aren't tied to family, and we really want a house, we are considering moving out further where we can get a house through a childhood friend of mine. This has all happened in 24 hours so our heads are spinning. We go out to look at it on Saturday and for now, we are taking a break from any local house shopping.

Oh, and this new town would be on the traveling route of at least half of the rest of the family! :)

Wow LP. That's a lot of stuff to deal with. Good luck on the house hunting! A one story house is definitely a good idea.

And I'm still protaxinating. Hoping to get my Tax Act together this weekend.
I jumped in the car and ran my papers over to the accountant's yesterday. AND paid him upfront. So much easier than having him chase me. Two years ago his pay envelope sat on the seat of the car for a couple of months - I just kept forgetting it as it kept getting covered up. It got to the point where I called his secretary to make sure he wasn't there when I came by. :LOL:

Casey, Road, When I was doing my own returns, I made sure to file them as early as possible. No money thou. This way they would send me the corrections and then I would send the correct amount. You don't HAVE to pay on the date, but you HAVE to FILE by the date. You'll probably pay interest though but you won't have to pay a late filing fee.

I've been sitting and thinking about doing something. The good news is, we'll eat tonight. It's hardly a news flash, though, that thinking about doing a job doesn't actually get the job done.

Sometimes I sit and think so much about doing something, it gets far too late to actually do it! :wacko::LOL:

I know all about Kmart (I worked there for 23 years), right up front in the" battle field". :) I supervised checkouts and I also worked the service desk. They closed their cafeteria here years ago. They did close our Kmart here last month.

You poor thing - you had to deal with the madness that is Black Friday, didn't you? I went to Walmart's Black Friday one year - never again! Had an asthma attack and almost had to go to the hospital.

I just done the taxes, got the form, checked it out, I zero tax so nothing needed to be changed and used my mobile to confirm and now I am done, that was 5 minutes of my life. The hard part was opening the forms, the scissor just folded the plastic.

Ever year Massachusetts gets an extra day to file. April 15th is a State holiday. We celebrate the 18th of April on the 15th. And no, not because of the Marathon.

I had bought a TurboTax CD at Costco as I have been doing every year. Then my computer died and I had to buy another one that didn't have a CD drive. I was able to return TurboTax for full credit. I'll do my taxes online.

I had bought a TurboTax CD at Costco as I have been doing every year. Then my computer died and I had to buy another one that didn't have a CD drive. I was able to return TurboTax for full credit. I'll do my taxes online.
Can you upload last year's info to the online version? Can't you buy it online and download it? I've done that with the Canadian version.

For the last couple of years my brother has given me his TT Premier CD for me to download on my PC. I think you can do up to 5 downloads per CD. Or is it the other way around, you can file up to 5 separate returns per download...?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom