What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For a change, my day isn't "scheduled" with prepping a house for sale or some other task I don't relish doing.

It's lovely here today and Glenn bought me an early birthday present. It's a fantastic platform hammock and I think I'm going to take my current book I'm reading and head out to some comfort in the hammock under the redbud tree in the back yard. Here's what the hammock looks like. Best of all, when the hammock isn't in use, if folds up vertically to be out of the way.

I'm relaxing before I head out the door and deliver some tax returns and bring a bunch of tax returns to the governments.

I just woke up after a nice nap (unfortunately slept through DH going to work though :(). This morning I went to the pool to do my water walking and started out counting my lengths (I only do 8 right now :rolleyes:) but as I was starting number 4, the lady in the lane next to me said hi. We got talking and all of a sudden I realized I had stopped counting. I think I did 12 but it could have been more! Oops! Oh well, the only side effect so far is I had to take a nap, but don't feel extra stiff or sore, so I guess I didn't to any harm. Glad we have a week off of the program so I don't need to report this tomorrow to my physio! :angel:

I just got home from the gym. I went to a aqua chi class. A year ago I used to go 3 times a week. Really contemplated about starting it back up. I sat in the car for 20 minutes before I got the gumption to go in. Glad I did. The water helps my knees considerably.

Debating what to do with the 4 lbs of strawberries DH proudly brought home yesterday. I'm thinking freezer jam, but will need to get the right kind of pectin as I want to use agave syrup instead of sugar. They aren't that good, and since we'll be leaving for a few days, I need to do something with them before they go bad. May just freeze them for smoothies.

Last edited:
I dropped off the tax returns that needed dropping off at both governments. I found a parking spot right away. That almost never happens. I brought stuff to two couples too, so the whole trip took about three hours. That was a 62 km round trip.

Now, I'm relaxing with some of the leftover pizza that DH ordered and a beer.

DH picked up the beer before I left. He told me that they didn't have the big bottles any more of the brand we usually get. He had to go spelunking through the walk in fridge to find a case. I asked if that wasn't a lot to carry, but he said it was a case of 12. I can't believe I replied, "Oh, not a two four, that's not so bad." (Two four is Canadian for 24, when talking about cases of beer.)

Last edited:
(Two four is Canadian for 24, when talking about cases of beer.)

And for Americans, that would come out as a 2 fer. Two for the price of one. The second one is free.

It is only 2:30 a.m. and I am already getting ready for my appointment with the foot doctor to get my nails clipped. (why do I feel like a puppy dog?) Being diabetic, it is important that I get my feet checked on a regular basis. When I first joined the program, I fought them at every turn. Including feet care. I looked at it for only nail care. And since I had the problem with my leg, my toenails no longer grow at a normal rate. I can go six or more months before they have grown to a length where they need care. Neuropathy is a major part of foot care. Not just a medical problem for your primary to look at. The foot doctor has been for now able to stop it from spreading by teaching me some foot exercises to keep the blood flowing into the foot area. Part of my New Years resolution of "Stop being so dang stubborn!"

I also need to get my ear looked at. The abscess broke and drained, but in now filling up again. My ear problem has no solution. I have always known that. You know how they tell the parent it is something they will grow out of? Well I never did and never will. I am so used to having an earache, I don't even think abot it any more. Youngest son is the same. And he is 40. He can thank me for that. By the time he was 6 y.o., he wouldn't even bother to tell me his ear was hurting. He would go get the drops and take care of it himself. He even had the tubes put in.

Back to work this morning. Feeling good, pneumonia has vanished, finishing up the last of the antibiotics. Legs and feet are doing fine, no more aches. I just hope the weather is halfway decent so I can go for a walk on my breaks. I don't mind getting a little wet, but sitting drenched in an office chair is no fun.

Getting ready to go to my aqua chi class tonight. Dh has been so sad & extremely moodey since the passing of his mother 2 months ago. We work together, every day. I am trying to be so patient with him. It can make for challenging days.

Getting ready to go to my aqua chi class tonight. Dh has been so sad & extremely moodey since the passing of his mother 2 months ago. We work together, every day. I am trying to be so patient with him. It can make for challenging days.
I totally understand where your DH is at, simonbaker. Tomorrow marks 2 months since my Dad passed on and I am feeling like life is harder and harder to do. My DH is in the same spot as you. He actually offered to not go to work today...while he was standing at the door all ready to leave. And he would have too! The thing is there isn't much he can do except love me and I know he does, big time!

I have things I have to do (for Dad's estate and for myself) and I can't seem to get anywhere. I am going to up my times at the pool because it does seem to elevate my moods and not hurt my body.

Last edited:
Back to work this morning. Feeling good, pneumonia has vanished, finishing up the last of the antibiotics. Legs and feet are doing fine, no more aches. I just hope the weather is halfway decent so I can go for a walk on my breaks. I don't mind getting a little wet, but sitting drenched in an office chair is no fun.
PF not trying to be nosey, but is it possible you have a touch of restless leg? I have it but it's under control with a med.which helps me with the hand shaking from the strok..Thank the lord for dh he has proded the doc into all the help he has to give. I'm finally feeling human again after a long time. Thanks you guys you've all kept me going.
kades

PrincessFiona60 said:

Yay! So glad you're feeling better, Princess!

Simonbaker, it must be so hard for you. Two months, the loss is still fresh. Hope things get better soon.

PF not trying to be nosey, but is it possible you have a touch of restless leg? I have it but it's under control with a med.which helps me with the hand shaking from the strok..Thank the lord for dh he has proded the doc into all the help he has to give. I'm finally feeling human again after a long time. Thanks you guys you've all kept me going.
kades

I suffer from restless leg syndrom as well but don't take anything specially for it. What I have to do is take my night pills in stages before I go to bed. I take my nerve blocker, anti-inflammatory and tylenol (when needed) a half an hour to an hour before going to bed and sit with my legs down. Then when I feel relaxed I take the rest of my medications and can fall asleep without a lot of leg problems. If I take it all and go to bed I have real problems.

kades

Thanks, Ma! My hurting legs were from the 10K (about 7 miles) walk I did on Saturday.:) Thanks for worrying about me. Makes me feel:wub:.

Back
Top Bottom