"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-16-2012, 05:18 PM   #1391
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
Deodorized the garbage disposal and the dishwasher this morning , sure am glad that job is done.

I am curious about how you do that?

I run ice cubes or citrus peels through mine.

Old 01-16-2012, 05:21 PM   #1392
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Reminds me of the song!

Lazy Mary get outta the bed we need the sheets for the table!
Now I will be singing that all night. Thanks

Old 01-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #1393
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:

We used to put egg shells through when I was a kid. I haven't had one since then. They aren't legal in Denmark or Quebec.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #1394
Chef Extraordinaire

CHAPTER TWO - I call son #1. Tell him I need half and half. I didn't expect him right away. Ten minutes go by. So far I have washed my face, and blown my nose. Oh my! Another nose bleed. Only this one is really good. Check my blood pressure. WAY to low! Son walks in with half and half. Wants to know why is my nose bleeding so heavily. I ask him to do a couple of things for me. Like close the dang window so that I don't have the north wind blowing in full force. Something management should, but doesn't take care off. All the windows in this building need some WD40 treatment or graphite on the window tracks. I could ask my son to do it for me, but why should I. And what about the other 39 apartments? Who is going to do it for them? Let's see what happens in the spring when it is time to open the windows again. Tune in at 11. Picture and more news.

Oh dear. I need to go back to sleep. I am getting bitchy. But I did get all of the kitchen cleaned last night. Son #1 will be back tomorrow and I am sure son #2 also. Will I ever get a full sleep without being woken up?
Old 01-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #1395
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
CHAPTER TWO - I call son #1. Tell him I need half and half. I didn't expect him right away. Ten minutes go by. So far I have washed my face, and blown my nose. Oh my! Another nose bleed. Only this one is really good. Check my blood pressure. WAY to low! Son walks in with half and half. Wants to know why is my nose bleeding so heavily. I ask him to do a couple of things for me. Like close the dang window so that I don't have the north wind blowing in full force. Something management should, but doesn't take care off. All the windows in this building need some WD40 treatment or graphite on the window tracks. I could ask my son to do it for me, but why should I. And what about the other 39 apartments? Who is going to do it for them? Let's see what happens in the spring when it is time to open the windows again. Tune in at 11. Picture and more news.

Oh dear. I need to go back to sleep. I am getting bitchy. But I did get all of the kitchen cleaned last night. Son #1 will be back tomorrow and I am sure son #2 also. Will I ever get a full sleep without being woken up?
It does seem that sometimes life hates us. We all have days like that. Don't let it get you down, Addie. I usually find it comical after I get good and mad and then I start laughing at the situation. I sure hope the nose bleed got under control. Is your humidity really low? In Nevada, I would get them when the humidity got very low and my blood pressure was too high.

I hope things are looking better for you now.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #1396
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post

Ask your Druggist or Dr. about Ponaris. My mom used to get nose bleeds in the winter due to the dry air and the ponaris cleared them up like magic. In this area you don't need a prescription but they keep it behind the counter in the pharmacy.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #1397
Chef Extraordinaire

WEll, I have given up on the idea of getting anymore sleep. And the nose is under control. When my blood pressure drops, I get the bleeds. Nothing new. And I have a pan of water sitting on very low on the stove. We have forced hot air, and it gets so dry in this apartment. The pan of water makes all the difference. It is my big stock pan and I check it every time I go into the kitchen. So it never gets too low. I pulled out my high blood pressure pill from my night meds.

I am in a much better mood now. And I didn't have to kill any of my kids.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #1398
Chef Extraordinaire

not much , no water til about an hour ago. no notice, must have been a break. they keep just patching and not really fixing it. no water about ten times last year. this does not bode well for the new. they took phone off hook at office. cowards. finally just took a nap. didn't sleep but headache went away. i have blood sugar that are going to low with this diet. whole day has made me grumpy. cloudy, cold, very little rain. oh dear, i sound like a shrew.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:34 PM   #1399
Master Chef

Quote:

I buy a product in the store that is called Willert Garbage Disposal Cleaner. It cleans and deodorizes at the same time. It works really good. And to clean the dishwasher, I use a product called Finish, it is made especially just to clean the dishwasher. It is not the dishwasher detergent.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:36 PM   #1400
Chef Extraordinaire

babatoo, how long have you been a diabetic? Just curious.