"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-12-2013, 02:05 PM   #14011
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
My hair definitely has that "need a haircut" look, and will for quite a while. I sort of have bangs, but I have to let that grow to cover a couple of bald spots!!
I think it was much easier to deal with the old cue ball than patchy hair. I ended up going all bald until it all started growing out.

When Mom lost her hair, Dad and my brother both shaved their heads in support, with Dad shaving Mom's head, because it was his job to do so. At least that's how he felt about it, he did it out of love.

Old 10-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #14012
Sous Chef

We just got back from the marina. The boat got hoisted out of the water this morning and we have her all blocked up for the winter. Just have to go back up on Monday and strip off all the canvas and she will be ready for shrink wrapping on Tuesday. Another season has come to an end.

Old 10-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #14013
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Starting some of GG's Chicken Minestrone soup! Beans have been soaking, just got the chicken carcass going. The house smells good.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #14014
Chef Extraordinaire

It was the day before my wedding to my first husband. I had red hair down to just below my backside. I was on my way to the bakery to check on the cake when I my ran into my hubby to be. He asked me what was I going to do with my hair. I told him not to worry. I had made an appointment. The next time he saw me was coming down the aisle and my hair was short. Above my ears. He went through the ceremony with a look of shock on his face. I had it all cut off and sold it. I HATED having red hair.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:10 PM   #14015
Master Chef

One advantage of hair long enough to pull back or up is that if you have to squeak one more day out of it you can get away with washing just the part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
.... and plowing is the appropriate word here, through boxes of things I moved here when Glenn and I married. As I go through some of the stuff I question my wisdom as to why I even bothered to take some of the things along. Sheesh!.....
^THAT^ is what I should be doing. Instead I'm doing nothing. But I DID do some things today, so it's OK to goof off. Finally washed the window and sill over the kitchen sink, and gave it a new valance. A run of the dishwasher and a load of clothes. Gee, I almost FEEL like I got some things accomplished! We might go for a drive so that Himself can set up the new cell phone he just got (we're switching plans and he's doing a lot of the set up himself) since the signal out by us is too weak for the tower to recognize the phone number we were assigned. Except the weather is "yuck" today. We'll see..
Old 10-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #14016
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
It was the day before my wedding to my first husband. I had red hair down to just below my backside. I was on my way to the bakery to check on the cake when I my ran into my hubby to be. He asked me what was I going to do with my hair. I told him not to worry. I had made an appointment. The next time he saw me was coming down the aisle and my hair was short. Above my ears. He went through the ceremony with a look of shock on his face. I had it all cut off and sold it. I HATED having red hair.
Himself warned me (jokingly, I hope) that if I showed up at the altar with short hair OR my hair done "up" he'd walk out the side door of the church. Didn't test him on his threat.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #14017
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Himself warned me (jokingly, I hope) that if I showed up at the altar with short hair OR my hair done "up" he'd walk out the side door of the church. Didn't test him on his threat.
What is it with men and long hair? Do they still think they can drag us off by our hair to their cave? I just figure, it is my hair, my job to take care of it, my decision to cut or not to cut. Besides I don't look good in long hair. I am too short.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #14018
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Shrek at one point wanted my hair long...I told him I would do it, but he had to take care of it. And he did, washing and combing daily. That "do" got messed up when I let a hairdresser talk me into a spiral perm, she cut almost a foot of hair off and then permed it. I looked like I had dreadlocks.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #14019
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
What is it with men and long hair? Do they still think they can drag us off by our hair to their cave? I just figure, it is my hair, my job to take care of it, my decision to cut or not to cut. Besides I don't look good in long hair. I am too short.
In Shrek's case it's because he doesn't have any hair...
Old 10-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #14020
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

A friend, who had nice, thick shoulder-length hair, came back from a cruise with her hair totally butchered, as in crew cut. We met her and her husband for dinner, and it was all I could do to not comment. (Actually, I did gasp and say, "What did you do?") She's a big lady, and really needs hair to balance her face and body. Her 'do reminded me of Baby Huey.