What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have taxes to finish, too. And, to add insult to injury, my primary computer is on the fritz. I have an appointment at the Genius Bar on Monday, but it looks like my GPU is fried. So, looks like my wallet is going to be a couple thousand dollars lighter next week. :mad:

For now, I'm working from my MacBook Pro. It gets the job done, but I do miss that 27-inch screen when I'm working.

CD

Last edited:
I have taxes to finish, too. And, to add insult to injury, my primary computer is on the fritz. I have an appointment at the Genius Bar on Monday, but it looks like my GPU is fried. So, looks like my wallet is going to be a couple thousand dollars lighter next week. :mad:

For now, I'm working from my MacBook Pro. It gets the job done, but I do miss that 27-inch screen when I'm working.

CD

One of my grandsons bought me a brand new tower for my computer a couple of months ago. I have absolutely no desire to ever own a laptop. Despite the convenience others are always touting. My old tower simply was too old. I had it for ten years before I ever had a problem with it. Mostly that the programs that came with it were out of date. And it kept dying on me. I was shocked at the size of the new one. More than half the size of the old one.

I have had my 27 inch screen for as long as I had the old tower. It is working just fine. Not a problem. Only that it is the width of my dang desk. I actually have to move my head side to side to read a whole page.

If anything ever happens to my desk model, I know I have family that would come to my rescue immediately. So I do feel for you. Specially at this time. Bad enough you have to do taxes. But to have your laptop go on you, is just a double whammy.

My biggest problem so far has been transferring all my info from my old tower to the new one. And I still have enough room to double what I transferred. And then some.

My sympathies are coming your way. Here's hoping for a big refund for you.

I'm burned out. Worked on taxes all afternoon. I'll have to work on them again, tomorrow. I'm about ready to throw all the damn forms into the neighbor's firepit. There's no way we could owe that much in taxes. Hoping I made a simple stupid error. I just can't look at them anymore.
Get your DH to retire. Himself did our taxes in two short evenings. Then again, there isn't much to add when you're getting only SS payments!

Wait! :ermm: Never mind about him retiring. The last thing you need is him being home All The Time. :wacko:

Although it's "early evening" for the inhabitants at Chez Goddess, I'm about ready to go to bed. I'm tired, feel "antsy", bored...my body is telling me to not wait until my customary 4:00 AM or so. Tonight, I'm going to listen. 'Night, all!

Cooking ham, making potato salad and deviled eggs today. Will cook some green beans tomorrow. Not doing a lot because it's just my Mom and I or lunch tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good day today and, if I'm not on tomorrow - Happy Easter!

I'm burned out. Worked on taxes all afternoon. I'll have to work on them again, tomorrow. I'm about ready to throw all the damn forms into the neighbor's firepit. There's no way we could owe that much in taxes. Hoping I made a simple stupid error. I just can't look at them anymore.

My daughter's husband took theirs to their accountant. No, not H&R Block. Now if there is a refund due, he has always found it for them. But not this year. SIL almost went into a shock when the accountant told him they owed $6,000.00 this year. They lost of a lot of deductions this year by paying off their house in full. Plus they have extra income. So Thursday while we were at the hairdressers, he headed in town to the IRS office to pay his tax bill in full while turning in his forms. I talked to my daughter last night and she told me that SIL was reading about all the deductions that they could work on for next year. I can't say that I blame him.

Don't become disheartened. When you get that frustrated, walk away, and come back later when you have rested some. Who knows, you may find some new figures you overlooked.

Get your DH to retire. Himself did our taxes in two short evenings. Then again, there isn't much to add when you're getting only SS payments!

Wait! :ermm: Never mind about him retiring. The last thing you need is him being home All The Time. :wacko:

Bite your tongue, CG! The only person I want underfoot all day is Beagle.

Addie, I use Taxact Online, which is usually quite easy. I just can't stand to look at them right now. I may have neglected the standard deductions or something else stupid. I'm glad they're not actually due until Tuesday.

Bite your tongue, CG! The only person I want underfoot all day is Beagle.

Addie, I use Taxact Online, which is usually quite easy. I just can't stand to look at them right now. I may have neglected the standard deductions or something else stupid. I'm glad they're not actually due until Tuesday.

The Feds send every taxpayer "the book" that gives you all the standard deductions and also any changes that have occurred in the past year. I always made it a point to read that boring sucker every year. It wasn't until Poo got married and was over the age of 26 that I could no longer claim him and his college expenses. That killed me. Dang! I now had to pay and didn't get a refund. No matter how hard I read that book. So I can understand you frustration.
When I did my taxes, it wasn't until the last year or two that you could go on the computer and it would do all the arithmetic for you. Not my best subject in school. All twelve years of schooling was no help with arithmetic! If I knew I was going to have a refund, I filed as soon as I had my 1099. Once I had to start paying, I waited until the very last minute.

The only thing in Massachusetts has going for their taxpayers is that the 17th is a legal holiday in this state. So we get an extra break.

The Feds send every taxpayer "the book" that gives you all the standard deductions and also any changes that have occurred in the past year. I always made it a point to read that boring sucker every year. It wasn't until Poo got married and was over the age of 26 that I could no longer claim him and his college expenses. That killed me. Dang! I now had to pay and didn't get a refund. No matter how hard I read that book. So I can understand you frustration.

When I did my taxes, it wasn't until the last year or two that you could go on the computer and it would do all the arithmetic for you. Not my best subject in school. All twelve years of schooling was no help with arithmetic! If I knew I was going to have a refund, I filed as soon as I had my 1099. Once I had to start paying, I waited until the very last minute.

The only thing in Massachusetts has going for their taxpayers is that the 17th is a legal holiday in this state. So we get an extra break.

Thankfully, we have a Plan B. DH will be done funeraling, and back tomorrow. He has an accountant buddy. Otherwise I'm about to kick the forms into the ravine.

Addie, the deadline for filing taxes this year is April 18th nationwide, not just in Massachusetts.

Dawg....sure hope Plan B has a better outcome. I had mine done on April 10th and have to pay a little. Daughter works for a CPA and he did them for me for free. I think I will make a batch of cookies and take them down to their office next week. :)

I'm getting ready for work. If I see the Easter Bunny tonight, I'll send him along. I did see an apprentice Easter Bunny this morning, luckily he ran the other way and not under my car.

Well, PF, if you do run the EB over, you could have hasenpfeffer for Easter Dinner..:ohmy:

The Feds send every taxpayer "the book" that gives you all the standard deductions and also any changes that have occurred in the past year...
Not "every" taxpayer. Not if you file online. We haven't received those booklets for over a decade. When I was still volunteering at the library, they did have them available there. They might still be at post office locations, too.

It's been a Sports Bar day here at Chez Goddess...without the "Bar" part. Squeaker of a win for the Cavs. Now it's the 9th inning in the Indians game - a game that has been much harder than it should be considering the 13-6 lead that Cleveland has. Hoping for the best...

Well, PF, if you do run the EB over, you could have hasenpfeffer for Easter Dinner..:ohmy:

Not "every" taxpayer. Not if you file online. We haven't received those booklets for over a decade. When I was still volunteering at the library, they did have them available there. They might still be at post office locations, too.

It's been a Sports Bar day here at Chez Goddess...without the "Bar" part. Squeaker of a win for the Cavs. Now it's the 9th inning in the Indians game - a game that has been much harder than it should be considering the 13-6 lead that Cleveland has. Hoping for the best...

I don't know if they file on line or not, but I noticed some of the residents here were getting them in their mail in January. And even when I started to file on line, I still got it for a couple of years. I even got one a year after I no longer filed. So much for the paper reduction act.

Gee the last time I looked at the score at the beginning of the game, (wanted to see if it was the Sox playing) the Cavs were in the lead. Never went back for a second look.

I made a fast run to the store. I went out with just a sweater on for warmth. I didn't even make it half way down the block. I make a fast turn around and came back for my coat. It was so hot this afternoon. Where did the heat go?

I finished some mini windows for my shadowbox. I'll be staining those tonight, then I'll find some "outside" pictures and get a sheet of transparency paper from Kinko's for "glass".

I finished putting in the pink tile in the bathroom the other day and it was perfect until I decided to shine it up using mod podge. All that did was put a dimple in all the tiles. Now I have textured tiles. I also used a different brand of plastic pink tile and to my surprise, you can see the tapewire and the bottom of the wallpaper through the tile! I can't pull it off now, as it's being held by model glue. Just add to one of many lessons learned over the years.

The other lesson I learned was: when you touch up your stain, use a small brush, not a huge foam brush. Now my bedroom and living room wallpaper have stain on them, but at least it's in the corners so I'll be covering them up with furniture. And yes, by that logic, I don't know why I felt the corners on the trim had to be touched up anyway if no one is going to see them.

Here is the bedroom with the trim in and the bathroom. Obviously, I still have to finish the edges on the outside.

Attachments

• br2.jpg.jpg
    br2.jpg.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 95
  • bthrm.jpg.jpg
    bthrm.jpg.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 109
Apparently, baby bunnies can be fully functional when they're the size of a softball. They're still really cute though. I've uprooted a few nests. Momma usually moves them.

Laundry. Towels. DH's socks.

Last edited:
I finished the little windows that go in the shadowbox and stained them. Tomorrow I'll give them the first of 3 coats of varnish. The kitchen window still needs to be done (I ran out of trim and have to hunt for some more), but I'm painting that.

Attachments

• windows.jpg
    windows.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 101
rr, I cannot believe the intricate work that you're able to do. I'd be ALL fumble fingers if I tried building a dollhouse - even when my fingers worked good. Kudos to you on the nice job.

I'm beat. I did the usual houseworky things like laundry, dishes, make supper (hey, the veggies were fresh!). I made asparagus/prosciutto wraps to take to SIL's tomorrow, along with boiling the eggs to devil. I also did mise en place with all of the ingredients I need to make banana nut bread, save the eggs and mashing the bananas*. I'll devil the eggs while the bread bakes. I'm going to enjoy sitting for most of tomorrow!

*Every time I type the word "banana" I can hear Harry Chapin singing in my ear: :LOL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGldNpngDws

Back
Top Bottom