"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-13-2013, 06:44 PM   #14061
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

29 years in December, it'll be 33 years together for the Ogre and me. He just said, "Seems longer, huh?" Come on, I'm not THAT stupid I had to ask him, I don't even remember what year we got married half the time. He says it was 1984. I was 23 and he was 39.
Wow.......I met Mrs D when she was 23. I was 32, way back in 87. She can't remember either. I tell her, check the inside of your wedding band. I had the date engraved in there for a reason. :-)

Old 10-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #14062
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I met Stirling in 1984, while I was still happily married. He was a friend and co-worker of my exDH. Ten years later, we got together and I moved in with him in 1995 (I had split with the first DH in 1992). When my divorce came through, we started planning the wedding. Got married in July of 1997. Yes, we have the dates engraved inside our rings too.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #14063
Certified Pretend Chef

When SO and I started dating, the in-law issue was moot as both sets of parents had died by that time. We only had each other's children and siblings to deal with. Believe me, that's more than enough.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:47 PM   #14064
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_J_Dawg View Post
Wow.......I met Mrs D when she was 23. I was 32, way back in 87. She can't remember either. I tell her, check the inside of your wedding band. I had the date engraved in there for a reason. :-)
The inside of my ring says, "Love Now and Forever", it says the same thing in Gaelic on the outside. No date.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:09 PM   #14065
Proud American

I am roasting a chicken full of garlic and herbs rubbed to the skin for the chicken soup tomorrow.

I am also wondering of this: When Gwen makes a chicken soup, she just boils a chicken without first roasting of it with herbs and spices. DA and I think her soup is extremely bland, but we do not say of this.

With love,
~Cat
Old 10-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #14066
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
I am roasting a chicken full of garlic and herbs rubbed to the skin for the chicken soup tomorrow.

I am also wondering of this: When Gwen makes a chicken soup, she just boils a chicken without first roasting of it with herbs and spices. DA and I think her soup is extremely bland, but we do not say of this.

With love,
~Cat
I hope Gwen doesn't read your posts here on DC.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #14067
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post

With love,
~Cat
That's how I make chicken stock. I reduce it and add herbs & spices when I make it into soup. Actually, I often use leftovers from cooked chicken. But, I don't add any seasonings while I am making the stock, unless I am making it for something specific. I like being able to choose the seasonings when I am using the stock.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:31 PM   #14068
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I hope Gwen doesn't read your posts here on DC.
Yup +1
Old 10-13-2013, 10:54 PM   #14069
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Finally got the final grocery bag of dang apples cut up and into the CP with some cinnamon and agave nectar. I'm really sick of apples.

Now, I just have one big refrigerator drawerful of apples left. Yay!
Old 10-13-2013, 11:01 PM   #14070
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Just finished a book that Shrek has been tring to read over my shoulder and urging me to finish all day. I grabbed a lighter and held it under (unlit) the book when I showed him I was done. He about shrieked himself to death! The second book in the trilogy which he finished, was thrown down with, "expletive Cliffhangers!!!" LOL!!!