What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, Ma! My hurting legs were from the 10K (about 7 miles) walk I did on Saturday.:) Thanks for worrying about me. Makes me feel:wub:.
You are :wub: sweetie. Glad it's nothing serious. I meant to tell you I'm proud of you walking anything is wonderful. Way to go.
ma

Last edited:
You are :wub: sweetie. Glad it's nothing serious. I meant to tell you I'm proud of you walking anything is wonderful. Way to go.
ma

Thank you, Ma!

And I did it in almost half the time it took me last year!:) Must mean I'm getting better!

Next is the all night walk for Relay For Life. I will not be running in the Missoula Marathon, I do know my limits.:rolleyes:

I am trying to get my grocery list together so Son #1 can take me shopping this morning. My fridge is empty along with the freezer. But I can't think of anything that appeals to me. :huh:

Holiday in Madrid: Labor Day & Madrid Day 2nd

I am not working today, and thus, have decided to relax, as I had prepared lunch all wkend and Monday and Tuesday ( I have been on holiday ). The Vet is working as he has alot of 4 legged patients in need.

So, we are going to have chicken breasts filled with Basil Pesto which I marinated last night --- See Ethnic Section if interested.

Got to go prepare lunch, as it is 14.30 hrs. here already.

Have nice day.
Margi.

Last edited:
I am not working today, and thus, have decided to relax, as I had prepared lunch all wkend and Monday and Tuesday ( I have been on holiday ). The Vet is working as he has alot of 4 legged patients in need.

So, we are going to have chicken breasts filled with Basil Pesto which I marinated last night --- See Ethnic Section if interested.

Got to go prepare lunch, as it is 14.30 hrs. here already.

Have nice day.
Margi.
What time do you usually eat lunch?

Feeding my biga with 3/4 cups each durum and white whole wheat flour, 6 ounces of water, 1/2 tsp each of salt and dry yeast. Plan to add about 5 1/2 cups of bread flour, 1 1/2 cups water, and 3/4 tsp each of salt and dry yeast and then bake ~ 4.5 lbs of bread tomorrow or the next day.

Last edited:
I'm doing a crazy thing.....beginning an 8-week Pilates class given by a physiotherapist who has been treating me for a shoulder injury I sustained in January... from falling down 5 concrete stairs in Mexico.

Then I sat all the rest of the winter, nursing my wounds (and pride) getting more and more unfit.

So it's time to turn the tables. Yikes. Even my super exercise-loving DD exclaimed: "but Mom, Pilates is hard! why not just keep up with your yoga?"

I had to quit yoga, cuz couldn't lift my arms....

and now, I'm asking myself: Just how much 'better' can a 64-year old get, anyways? Shouldn't I just let nature take its course and allow this body to get old?

I'm doing a crazy thing.....beginning an 8-week Pilates class given by a physiotherapist who has been treating me for a shoulder injury I sustained in January... from falling down 5 concrete stairs in Mexico.

Then I sat all the rest of the winter, nursing my wounds (and pride) getting more and more unfit.

So it's time to turn the tables. Yikes. Even my super exercise-loving DD exclaimed: "but Mom, Pilates is hard! why not just keep up with your yoga?"

I had to quit yoga, cuz couldn't lift my arms....

and now, I'm asking myself: Just how much 'better' can a 64-year old get, anyways? Shouldn't I just let nature take its course and allow this body to get old?

Simple answer...Nope! When you decide to give up and get old, guess what? You get old! And then I get to have you at my place and get your rump in gear again. Heck hath no fury like a Nightshift Rehab Nurse...:LOL:

Who thinks yoga is easy??? Gentle sometimes but not necessarily easy. I've never broken a sweat standing still before!

Soma, I am 53 but injury and symptom-wise I have the body of about an 80 year old.

I am water walking 3 - 4 days a week, do a stretching and strength program at my pain clinic twice a week (they are making a DVD so we can do it at home and I will do it more often), walk when I can with my DH and dogs and am hoping to add more as I go along. This has only been in the last month since I restarted the clinic. I had done much the same a year ago but with Dad and my own problems I stopped.

It is so good to get back - not easy, but if you really want to you can do anything! My Mom used to say "when there's a will, there's a way!" Go for it girl, you will be glad you did. :)

I couldn't believe how quickly the hour of Pilates went by!

and in the car driving myself home, (25 min drive), I drank an entire thermos of water, boy did it taste good!....then: by the time I got home, I felt energized and great.

Was sore this morning but 20 minutes in the infrared sauna, followed by a hot shower, fixed me up.

I was not the worst student in the class of 8, but pretty close to it.

Mostly I'm surprised at how much the body (not the thinking brain) likes physical exercise. The brain is mostly always saying: sleep, sleep would be good now....

and in the car driving myself home, (25 min drive), I drank an entire thermos of water, boy did it taste good!....then: by the time I got home, I felt energized and great.

Was sore this morning but 20 minutes in the infrared sauna, followed by a hot shower, fixed me up.

Mostly I'm surprised at how much the body (not the thinking brain) likes physical exercise. The brain is mostly always saying: sleep, sleep would be good now....
:clap::clap:Way to go Soma!!!!!:clap::clap:

No such thing as worst, just inexperienced. Pretty soon you will be pilating away like a pro! Good for you!:clap:

Soma,
you've got pilates by the tail now so stick with it and in no time you will be going great guns. I wish I had the abilitly to do pilates. But getting through re-hab to learn how to walk again is still keeping me busy. So knw you are admired.
kadesma

Soma,
you've got pilates by the tail now so stick with it and in no time you will be going great guns. I wish I had the abilitly to do pilates. But getting through re-hab to learn how to walk again is still keeping me busy. So knw you are admired.
kadesma

I love guns, too!
;)

Just got home, working late. Had an evening luncheon catering for a bridal shower. Feels good to get home & put my feet up.

Back
Top Bottom