What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today was supposed to be a goof-off day. A real do-nothing day. So far I shook all the downstairs throw rugs, swept the kitchen floor, stick-vac'ed the kitchen area rug and the pathways through the first floor carpeting, plus the sun room. I need to figure out this "do-nothing" thing...

I need a life... :wacko:

All I'm doing is cleaning the oven... :glare:
So this is what it comes to when you run out of dust and dirt in 740 square feet of living space? You need to resort to cleaning the insides of tiny things? I have a second floor in the house that could use a little sprucing up. Just sayin'...:mrgreen:

well heck... I looked all over my 17 inch apartment stove and no darn self-cleaning button... (cussin my landlord) :ermm:

Our apartments do not have self cleaning stoves. So I take my drip pans and racks downstairs to the community room late at night where they have two self cleaning ovens. Take my door off and that leaves me just the three inside walls to clean plus the roof. I have a disposable aluminum tray in the bottom. The bottom never gets dirty. Take out the tray, put in a new one and one problem solved. I also have an oven spray from Fuller Brush. It is a silicone spray to coat the oven. I always forget to use it. It is way in the back under the sink.

I had a self cleaning oven when I lived at my daughters. Oh, for the good old days.

Today was supposed to be a goof-off day. A real do-nothing day. So far I shook all the downstairs throw rugs, swept the kitchen floor, stick-vac'ed the kitchen area rug and the pathways through the first floor carpeting, plus the sun room. I need to figure out this "do-nothing" thing...

So this is what it comes to when you run out of dust and dirt in 740 square feet of living space? You need to resort to cleaning the insides of tiny things? I have a second floor in the house that could use a little sprucing up. Just sayin'...:mrgreen:

I have you penciled into my calendar on April 31st... :LOL:

And so do I. I did more than my share of housework raising five kids. Time to sit back and enjoy life.

My trying to use the quote button all of a sudden doesn't want to work for me. Oh well, just another of life's little irritants.

Last edited:
Our apartments do not have self cleaning stoves. So I take my drip pans and racks downstairs to the community room late at night where they have two self cleaning ovens. Take my door off and that leaves me just the three inside walls to clean plus the roof. I have a disposable aluminum tray in the bottom. The bottom never gets dirty. Take out the tray, put in a new one and one problem solved. I also have an oven spray from Fuller Brush. It is a silicone spray to coat the oven. I always forget to use it. It is way in the back under the sink.

I had a self cleaning oven when I lived at my daughters. Oh, for the good old days.

Actually it isn't much of a problem to clean.. I try to stay on top of it..

I try to live by your signature line... :angel:

I am sitting here calmly enjoying some quiet time. The medication that my dermatologist gave me has some hideous side effects. He mentioned only one and gave me a script for that one. He did say that there might be others. Boy was he right. I have been on the pill for almost two weeks. And today I got hit with all the side effects he didn't mention. A canker on my tongue, losing the feelings in all my fingers, A constant runny nose, and some others. I have stopped taking it because it has been months since I had a heart episode. One of the side effects was heart problems. And sure enough, I was sound asleep. The pain in my left side of my chest and arm woke me from a sound sleep. It is a good thing I keep my nitro spray right beside me on my nightstand. I only needed one hit of it. Along with a few good deep breaths.

Looks like he will have to find another drug for me. I am seeing him next week. I am going to look up some of the medications that I could possibly take and see what the side effects are before I go in to see him.

Addie, I hope he finds something you can take without those side effects. It's not supposed to be a case of the cure is worse than the problem.

Well, tonight I had a choice of either doing dishes or working on the mini windows. The dishes are still in the sink.

So here are the windows. I put a very thin piece of transparency over the pictures and while it doesn't show up very well in the pictures, it sure makes the windows look like they have glass in them.

Because my shadowbox has all the rooms one on top of the other, I put the city pic in differently in each window, depending on how high the room was. The window to the right is the bedroom window (the bedroom is the highest room in the shadowbox), then the living room window is in the middle, and the kitchen window is the red one. The kitchen is the lowest room in the shadowbox.

Tomorrow I'll attempt to glue them into the shadowbox. Maybe after that I'll do my dishes.

Attachments

• windows.jpg
    windows.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Jeannie is going shopping and to lunch with her friends today so, I'm going to polish the living room furniture.. Good thing we downsized and there isn't much to polish.. :ohmy:

I will reward myself with a cheese burger on a brioche bun... :yum:

Ross

I'm laying here with my back out. It's been a good year or more since it's happened. Lots of work piling up I can't get to, customers wondering where I am. I can barely make it to the front door, let alone hang sheet rock or crawl under a house.

Hopefully today is better than yesterday.

The least it's cold and dreary out. I hate being stuck inside when it is nice and sunny. The dog is snoring, the house is warm, the bills are paid, could be worse.

Been a busy day here so far: Up at 6am so I could eat breakfast and take my medicines before I got Mom up at 7 for her Dr appointment. Helped her get dressed so we could leave by 8 - needed to avoid school traffic. Dr appointment went OK - A1C was up a little bit and so were triglycerides (the 2 are tied together), he expected that because of holidays. He wants her to come back in and have another fasting and A1C test done in 3 months. Everything else turned out to be pretty much normal. Got home between 10 and 10:30, started brunch about 10:45, ate around 11:15 or 11:30. Got the rest of the AM tasks done after eating, and am now just sitting and enjoying my free time.

I wish we could do that.

In the short time I've been with this forum I have witnessed some wonderful food presentations, great food tips and have learned about ingredients that I had not known about or not understood..

To be able to have some of these things easily transported would be ideal.. Maybe one day that will be possible... :)

Ross

Addie, I hope he finds something you can take without those side effects. It's not supposed to be a case of the cure is worse than the problem.

Well, tonight I had a choice of either doing dishes or working on the mini windows. The dishes are still in the sink.

So here are the windows. I put a very thin piece of transparency over the pictures and while it doesn't show up very well in the pictures, it sure makes the windows look like they have glass in them.

Because my shadowbox has all the rooms one on top of the other, I put the city pic in differently in each window, depending on how high the room was. The window to the right is the bedroom window (the bedroom is the highest room in the shadowbox), then the living room window is in the middle, and the kitchen window is the red one. The kitchen is the lowest room in the shadowbox.

Tomorrow I'll attempt to glue them into the shadowbox. Maybe after that I'll do my dishes.

I am feeling much better today. And I didn't take yesterday's dose.

The dishes will always be there. Always answer to your creativity. Beautiful work.

I've been sleeping a lot. I worked my a$$ off this weekend.

Today, I set up my new iMac. Well, it did most of the work. I connected it to my old one, and it moved all my software and files to the new one by itself.

Now, I am wiping the hard drive on the old one so I can get rid of it. Since the old one is not repairable (too old to get parts), it will be recycled.

The Retina display on the new iMac is incredible. Sharp as a tack.

CD

Back
Top Bottom