"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #14141
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Unnerving? Perfect, my plan is working.
Ah HA!! I knew it!!

Old 10-16-2013, 05:09 PM   #14142
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I took a half day off work. My nose has been running like a faucet, have blown through a box of Puffs Plus, and I've been sneezing and coughing like crazy. No need to share the wealth.

So I'm at home pre-cleaning for the cleaning lady who comes tomorrow.

Old 10-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #14143
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I took a half day off work. My nose has been running like a faucet, have blown through a box of Puffs Plus, and I've been sneezing and coughing like crazy. No need to share the wealth.

So I'm at home pre-cleaning for the cleaning lady who comes tomorrow.
Totally agree with you for taking the day off DL, but cleaning before the cleaner arrives??

You should be relaxing - you have the perfect excuse for an untidy house!
Old 10-16-2013, 05:18 PM   #14144
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'm about to walk to the pet food store. Little bugger is costing me a baby fortune in cat food. I have an appointment to see the vet nutritionist on Friday. I'm going to start making cat food.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #14145
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyCooks View Post

Totally agree with you for taking the day off DL, but cleaning before the cleaner arrives??

You should be relaxing - you have the perfect excuse for an untidy house!
I have to pick up, otherwise she'll just vacuum around the piles of stuff, or spend her time rearranging things, rather than cleaning!
Old 10-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #14146
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I have to pick up, otherwise she'll just vacuum around the piles of stuff, or spend her time rearranging things, rather than cleaning!

*shakes head* Glad I don't have a cleaner!

If you wear yourself out cleaning for the cleaner, doesn't this mean you will have to take tomorrow off as well? (In which case I am sure your cleaner will be MOST diligent!)
Old 10-16-2013, 05:58 PM   #14147
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Gotta get the hair washed so I can head out and pay the car insurance in full and get our little discount for full-pay.

Addie, Addie, Addie, all over the country cities and states preserve their history. Boston doesn't hold an exclusive on it. And I'm sure Faneuil has changed a bit - pretty sure Build-a-Bear didn't have a shop there over 200 years ago.

You've mentioned that you never drove. Trust me, driving on the sidewalk in the North End isn't "legal", it's just done. After we moved here and I saw how the locals drive I got a book from the Registry with all the laws. I read it. Nope, sidewalk driving isn't legal. And did you know that pedestrians are supposed to walk with the light in a crosswalk? If not, the driver doesn't HAVE to yield to them, the car has the right-of-way. And no, I did not declare "open season" on pedestrians after that.
Upstairs in the hall, it has not changed at all. It was a place for public gatherings and public debates. Downstairs where the shops are, there were always shops. As a kid I remember going there with my father to pick up meat. And it was on the first floor and more in the basement. All the stalls in the Quincy building were all shops also. Not the touristy ones you see today. The Quincy building was built much later. The two long buildings on the sides of the Quincy building were warehouses. As a kid, rail tracks ran down the side of those buildings as they did on Atlantic Avenue from South Station. They came in on the side of the ocean. In the late 50's the whole area was closed down and the BRA took over to make it a tourist destination. They did a bang up job.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:21 PM   #14148
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyCooks View Post
...........Sadly no, I won't be able to stay up til the early hours when I start. I will have to do most of my catching up at the weekends!.......................
As for the maths test? I didn't "ace" it, but I didn't embarrass myself either! Phew! (I got 15 correct answers out of 17)...
Just so long as you don't forget about your DC friends weekends will be fine. Who knows, you might even be bored enough some evening just to pop on.

Math test results sound pretty good too. But I'd say going with the "Police Academy" job should be more interesting than some stuffy HR office. You certainly don't come across "stuffy"!
Old 10-16-2013, 11:32 PM   #14149
Chef Extraordinaire

I went to look up the census for the Passamaquoddy Tribe in Maine.

"We're sorry. Do to lack of federal funding, this site is presently not available." Gee, even the Indians are furloughed!
Old 10-17-2013, 06:05 AM   #14150
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I went to look up the census for the Passamaquoddy Tribe in Maine.

"We're sorry. Do to lack of federal funding, this site is presently not available." Gee, even the Indians are furloughed!
A clear example of the trickle down effect