What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Despite the last line of my previous post, I am having to rest most of the day. Because I was in recovery mode so long this is basically "the day after" surgery and I am really feeling the pain. My oxygen is still a little low and heart rate is a little high (but getting closer to what they want). I have some reading to do for my blog for a book I am reviewing and of course blogging itself but I can do it from the comfort of my recliner.

I am planning a walk later but probably only to the mailbox and back without Violet and Monkey (they were pretty upset yesterday when we didn't go for our usual 4:00 walk but they will have to get used to it when we move).

There is a special on Princess Dianna tonight and my Once Upon A Time. So that will keep me busy resting! ;)

Oh, and then there is talking TB through getting his sandwiches made and laundry done for his early shift tomorrow!

Such a busy day doing nothing! :)

We had a great weekend camping with my cousins family. There was fishing, water fights, campfire, and I even flew a kite. Some friends came to visit and I even had both my girls there for a while. Air conditioner quit working in the camper. Got to get that fixed. Next trip is in 2 weeks. Next weekend is my sons graduation.

FB_IMG_1494190923143.jpgFB_IMG_1494190954699.jpgFB_IMG_1494190993989.jpgFB_IMG_1494191080702.jpgFB_IMG_1494191275240.jpg

As I tell Pirate, "Don't worry. It will be there tomorrow. Rest for now. We can do it when we both have some energy. Works for us.

I go between sitting all day in a chair in front of a computer, to photographing 1934 Packards that won't start. Have you ever pushed a 1934 Packard? Three tons of iron and steel.

When I come home from one of my road trips, it hurts to get out of bed in the morning for about a week.

CD

We had a great weekend camping with my cousins family. There was fishing, water fights, campfire, and I even flew a kite.

Nice camper. Mine was a little bit smaller. It was a "teardrop" camper that I built myself. Believe it or not, it had air conditioning -- it wasn't easy to do, but it worked great.

The graphic separating the galley from the sleeping quarters got a lot of laughs.

CD

Attachments

• CaseyCraft4BBQForum.jpg
    CaseyCraft4BBQForum.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
That's a nice little trailer.

Teardrop trailers are basically hard-sided tents on wheels. I grew up tent camping and backpacking. I still tent camp once or twice a year, although I don't backpack anymore.

Teardrop camping provides the very basic camping needs, a safe and relatively comfortable place to sleep, and a place to cook. Most teardrops don't have air-conditioners, but I camp in Texas, and sleeping in 90-degree nighttime weather just doesn't work for me.

You might want to look into building one. You might enjoy the "minimalist" experience from time-to-time. It's great for bonding with the kids.

Oh, and any food you cook over an open fire tastes better than the same food cooked in a kitchen.

CD

CD

Have you ever pushed a 1934 Packard? Three tons of iron and steel.

CD

Back in the mid-70's with a car from the mid-60's...
My husband and I once helped a neighbour to push this car (don't remember the reason) but once we got it to 'wherever', we both looked at him, my husband then asked "did you fill this thing with cement?" He actually looked sheepish! OMG what did you do? He used cement to repair his fenders... WHA??? Don't EVER trust an engineer with something outside of his field. They definitely march to the tune of a different drummer.

We still cook over a fire. Even though we cheated a little bit this time and used an electric skillet for breakfast. With all the kids we have its eaiser to have a bigger trailer insted of putting up all thoes tents. I started out with tents only. Then a slide in pickup box camper. Then trailers. The older I get the better the trailer I get.

There, we been bird watching, had fun the whole family and we are now tired.

I used to think bird watching was for those who were bored and had time on their hands. then my daughter pointed out a family of Blue Jays that nested every year in the tree in the yard next door. And when I moved into this building, there is a beautiful oak tree in the middle of the patio. It is loaded with Chickadees. Right now they are building nests and getting ready to lay their eggs. You can bet I will be watching them all summer.

A lot of the tenants in this building love to feed the birds. But management had to put a stop to it. Bird poo all over the patio.

Spent more time than I thought possible to count out and package meds for a 2 week trip... That maths stuff is hard... :wacko:

Ross

It's a good thing mine come already counted out and packaged by the day for me. Me and math simply do not agree with the final answer.

My Mom used to love bird watching. She would plant specific plants for different types of birds. She also loved when her herons would fly overhead.

I have a friend who is bedridden and when they lived in their old house her Mom built a feeder that suction-cupped to the outside of the window. Everything was wood except the front and back panels that were plexiglass. We would watch for hours as the different birds would come to feed. They would even get a little nasty with each other if someone came out of turn. She doesn't get too many birds at her new window but there are cows across the street!

I'm late to this party but...
I just love "paying attention to my surroundings" as I call it.
There's so many different flora and fauna then what I'm use to.
I keep asking my husband (thinking that maybe he knows since he's from the mainland and I'm not) about this bird or plant, what's this what's that... :doh: dunno :LOL:

We watched a pair of great crested grebe (Podiceps cristatus), do their dance and build a nest, a lot of common tern (Sterna hirundo) flying low over the water and a pair Canada goose (Branta canadensis ) with goslings.

Last day of prep for a two week visit to my daughter in Missouri... Checking off the last items on my to do list today... Its been two years since we have been there...

Gonna see my baby... Well...she is 54 but no matter, still my baby.. :)

Ross

Last day of prep for a two week visit to my daughter in Missouri... Checking off the last items on my to do list today... Its been two years since we have been there...

Gonna see my baby... Well...she is 54 but no matter, still my baby.. :)

Ross

Hope you enjoy your trip to Missouri.

Last trip of any length (planned out) that Mom and I took was to Houston in October of 2005. We went with my sister to see my nephew who had just had his first child.

Enjoy your trip, Ross! The grebe dance is fun, isn't it, CP?

I just went over to the neighbor's and stole, um, I mean harvested some of his rhubarb. I have permission.

This way I can avoid unpacking and doing vacation laundry along with any other housework.

Dawgluver, they are normally done with the dance now, but these were building a nest and taking time to dance too.

Last day of prep for a two week visit to my daughter in Missouri......Gonna see my baby... Well...she is 54 but no matter, still my baby.. :)
Have a great visit, Ross! I feel very blessed - we get to see our kids twice a year minimum. It must be tough going two years. BTW, my Mom always called me her little girl, too...even though I was 6+ inches taller than she! "No matter how old you get, you're still my baby" What I would give to hear that again. :heart:

I'm in a staring contest with the last five upper cupboards I need to wash. Two of them are those over the refrigerator, which is so very deep we need to pull it out in order for me to reach the cupboard fronts. Maybe they can wait until tomorrow...

Back
Top Bottom