What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for reminding me that it's the first of the month! I'll definitely avoid the grocery stores today ;)

Wish I could have avoided them - they were madhouses yesterday. Food Lion has their boneless ribeyes for $7.99 a pound this week - got 2 packages of 3 steaks each. May get more Tuesday.

Flew a Pilot's & Paws mission today. Weather a bit marginal, but it worked out. Picked the 65 pound Belgian Malenois from an airport near San Diego and flew him up to Santa Barbara. The dog was rescued from Tijuana.
Handed the dog off to a second pilot who took him up to the Bay Area for a new forever home.
An over 4 hour mission. My copilot and I had our usual celebratory beer. Then we both went for an OPN (Old peoples nap).
Attached is a picture of the dog at his forever home. He is pooped!

Attachments

• Bendito.jpg
    Bendito.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 95
Flew a Pilot's & Paws mission today. Weather a bit marginal, but it worked out. Picked the 65 pound Belgian Malenois from an airport near San Diego and flew him up to Santa Barbara. The dog was rescued from Tijuana.
Handed the dog off to a second pilot who took him up to the Bay Area for a new forever home.
An over 4 hour mission. My copilot and I had our usual celebratory beer. Then we both went for an OPN (Old peoples nap).
Attached is a picture of the dog at his forever home. He is pooped!

This made me smile. Thank you Souschef, for all you do for the critters and human patients. :wub: Great pic of the dog looking all comfy and happy.

I am just chilling at the computer. It has been a rough couple of days. After two long stints in the ER Wednesday and Thursday (6 hours and 8 hours respectively) I went from them thinking I had a blood clot in my leg to diagnosing that my skin infection from a few years ago was back. I could have told them in 2 minutes, but of course, that wouldn't do.

I had my first IV antibiotic treatment last night, had great fun all day in the bathroom. So, I went for my appointment tonight, getting the runaround on where we were supposed to be for 1/2 hour. I told them when I got there that I was having the same reaction as I have every time I do the IV thing and would just like the port out - I would just go back to the oral antibiotic that wasn't given a chance to work. Nope, have to come in the morning for that because a doctor has to okay it. So, I had the treatment and so far I think I feel okay.

I want to get to a point where I can get my kitchen put together properly but neither TB or I are feeling well enough to move boxes around.

There are nine of them. I can't pronounce a single one. Some will drop off in a few days/weeks, like the anti-biotics.

CD

After my aneurysm, in addition to all my other pills, I had one medication where I had to take 2 pills every 4 hours for 3 weeks straight. It didn't help that these pills were as huge as horse pills. We were in the pharmacy and the woman there was piling the boxes up on the counter till she practically couldn't see over them. My friend Lisa was with me and all she could think of to say was, "We're gonna need a bigger boat."

The boxes chose that moment to fall over on the floor and I was afraid I'd have another aneurysm because I was laughing so hard.

It's a good thing I found them funny then because it was hard to find any humor when I was trying to choke those things down in the middle of the night.

And don't ask me what they all were - I also couldn't pronounce any of them.

I hope you're feeling better, Casey.

As for what I'm doing, I was out helping someone train her therapy dog today. I am worn out. I'm currently trying to keep my eyelids open, but I think it's a losing battle. Bedtime may come really early tonight.

Last edited:
LP, I hope all your ER visits stop and you can settle into your new home. Enough of this hospital stuff!

rr, hope you got a good night's sleep, then let me know what it's like. Been a rough night around here this week at Chez Goddess...

Flew a Pilot's & Paws mission today...
You're a good man, Sous, a good man.

There are nine of them. I can't pronounce a single one. Some will drop off in a few days/weeks, like the anti-biotics.

CD

Oh my goodness - and I thought I was on a lot of meds. My mom had a bleeding ulcer a couple of years ago, and they put her on 2 different antibiotics for 30 days, and a medicine called Protonix 2x a day for the rest of her life.

After my aneurysm, in addition to all my other pills, I had one medication where I had to take 2 pills every 4 hours for 3 weeks straight. It didn't help that these pills were as huge as horse pills. We were in the pharmacy and the woman there was piling the boxes up on the counter till she practically couldn't see over them. My friend Lisa was with me and all she could think of to say was, "We're gonna need a bigger boat."

The boxes chose that moment to fall over on the floor and I was afraid I'd have another aneurysm because I was laughing so hard.

It's a good thing I found them funny then because it was hard to find any humor when I was trying to choke those things down in the middle of the night.

And don't ask me what they all were - I also couldn't pronounce any of them.

I hope you're feeling better, Casey.

As for what I'm doing, I was out helping someone train her therapy dog today. I am worn out. I'm currently trying to keep my eyelids open, but I think it's a losing battle. Bedtime may come really early tonight.

rodentraiser, I didn't know you had an aneurysm. May I ask what kind? My mom had an aneurysm in her brain that bled out some almost a year ago and she had so many meds to take when she was in the hospital it wasn't even funny. She spent almost a month in the hospital and almost 3 months in rehab afterwards.

Hobbling around, had a fall yesterday and landed on my right knee. Nothing broken, my Dad had to help me up. At least I can walk on it, but the bruise is something else.

The town is having a Garage Sale, heading out for that.

Just watched Mr. Munky drive off to work for the last time (He's NOT staying!) Signing the final paperwork.

Were now retired. Tomorrow it will be official.
I'm saying it's today. Were going to be on the road tomorrow.

Tonight to celebrate I'll make him his favorite dinner Prime Rib. Chocolate cake for dessert.

Munky.

After all the two of you have been through these past months, I would bake two Chocolate cakes. One for each of you. So glad to hear the good news. It has been a long recovery, but now the two of you can get to do more things together.
Congratulations on the retirements!

Today i got to fly a WW2 training aircraft. It was a fantastic experience, and the plane was almost as old as I was!

Attachments

• IMG_6170.jpg
    IMG_6170.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 107
What a memorable experience, SC!

Munky...congratulations on Mr. Munky's retirement. Let the fun begin! :clap:

Princess....ouch. I hope you're feeling better!

Last edited:
Hobbling around, had a fall yesterday and landed on my right knee...
Owie-owie! Be careful and don't trip over your ogre feet again, ok?

Today i got to fly a WW2 training aircraft...
How very cool! I bet that was quite a thrill.

I went grocery shopping for just a couple of things - well, OK, a dozen things. Himself was so bored he came along. I swear it took me longer to get those twelve items with him there than it takes me to do a full, big shop on my own. Still, sometimes it's fun to go together...just not too often. Like once or twice a year.

Of all the things my goof ball friends rope me into this has to be the best. The bar tender at one of our local establishments is from Texas and was getting a little homesick so she ordered 60 pounds of crawfish from Louisiana.* We had a blast. Cooking,* eating and and hanging out with good people. We don't go to bars much because it's so expensave but this was a much needed release after a long week. We didn't have pots big enough to cook it all together so we did the corn taters and sausage in the cream can and mixed it together later.
FB_IMG_1496582242011.jpgFB_IMG_1496581493033.jpgFB_IMG_1496581267962.jpg

Owie-owie! Be careful and don't trip over your ogre feet again, ok?

Wish it were that simple. Dad and I were in a shop that was closing up, the electricity had been turned off so we were crawling the aisles in the dark with a lantern. I tripped over something on the floor to my left, missed it with my left foot, hit it with the right. I was face down before I could even make a decision to catch myself. Nice people and I am sorry they have to close their store.

Back
Top Bottom