What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Trying to come out of a cooking slump, I got busy yesterday and mixed up a Char Siu marinade for some chicken thighs... Got it all together, put it in the fridge to sit for 24 hours...

Jeannie reminded me that she has cataract surgery today (Wednesday) and has to fast... Her surgery isn't until 1 PM so, she will have to be rushed to the nearest diner afterward.. lol

Into a ziplock bag and into the freezer went the marinated chicken....

Oh well... maybe tomorrow... :wacko:

Ross

Trying to get TB's main meal ready for him to eat now, plus his work lunch made and packed.

I am then preparing myself for another long wait in the ER. My leg is all swollen up and bright red again with the same little blisters popping as before so it looks like another round of IV antibiotic. I am still dealing with the after-effects of the last round. I hope they figure it out this time.

Oh well, the Kindle is full of great reading material and I have some research work as well for another product review due at the end of the month. I will at least make it a productive wait.

Thanks, Taxy! I love that phrase!

TB is dropping me off at his work and then I have a ride lined up from there to the hospital. I am going to the one in our old neighbourhood because there seems to be some complications with the hernia surgery site as well. Not sure if there is any relation but my doctor here agreed that is better.

TB drives accessibility buses for people with physical and/or mental disabilities, or the elderly. I have been a client since before he started driving for them and my Dad was one as well. I won't be on his route, but he was able to get me a ride there and we will figure out a way back when I need it.

Made it to the mother in laws in Kentucky today after a few days on the road. The truck was acting up today. Hopefully i can get it figured out. This is one camp site we stayed at in Missouri on the way down. We also stayed at a state park for 2 days in western Kentucky. It was beautiful there. My aunt and uncle and cousin from Tennessee came up to hang out. Jasper met his first cousin for the first time. He and Ely are the same age. They got along great from the get go. They both cried when Ely had to go. FB_IMG_1498097939081.jpgFB_IMG_1498098401280.jpg

Okay, only had to spend 5 hours at the ER - got fast tracked because of my surgery and the only reason it took that long is they did a bunch of tests. It looks like there is an internal infection where my hernia was repaired and I will probably have to have it redone once the infection is cleared up. I also still have the cellulitis in my leg. I need two separate antibiotics to treat these infections and both are by IV. They set it up so that I can have it done at the hospital closer to where I live but I will have to go back to my surgeon at the other one next week.

The two IV's can't be done together and the total time for the two of them is 2 1/2 hours. So, I will be doing a lot of reading and writing! Oh, and I am back to no bending or lifting - I can't anyway as it hurts!

LP, I hope they get you patched up and fixed as much as they can as soon as possible! You really don't need all this extracurricular activity while trying to settle into your new home properly. (hugs) to you, Friend.

There seems to be a lot of cellulitis going around recently. 2 of my friends go it. One nearly lost his leg. They had to split his leg open crotch to foot. I know of atleast 3 other cases in my area. I wonder Whats going with that? Some new thing? That reminds me I need a tetanus shot.

There seems to be a lot of cellulitis going around recently. 2 of my friends go it. One nearly lost his leg. They had to split his leg open crotch to foot. I know of atleast 3 other cases in my area. I wonder Whats going with that? Some new thing? That reminds me I need a tetanus shot.

Sounds like serious stuff. I had to look it up. It's a staph or strep infection.

I just got started on our new spice rack. I am DIYing magnetic hexagon-shaped spice jars to go on front of fridge. I got 4 oz and 1.5 oz jars. Always thought they looked really cool, but it would be over $300 for what we have now and I wanted to add a few more to get rid of clutter on the counter. I'm right around $120 now with about 10 more jars than what we currently have. Pics to follow when I get a few more done.

I am then preparing myself for another long wait in the ER. My leg is all swollen up and bright red again with the same little blisters popping as before so it looks like another round of IV antibiotic. I am still dealing with the after-effects of the last round. I hope they figure it out this time.

Hope you find out what is going on and that it is fixed once and for all this time.

Over use of antibiotics. Our normal skin flora (bacteria) has become resistant and invasive.

Over use of antibiotics. Our normal skin flora (bacteria) has become resistant and invasive.

That's what I keep hearing - then what do they do? Pump me up with more antibiotics. They changed it at the new hospital so instead of 2 types over 2 1/2 hours I get two different ones altogether, one in the morning and one in the evening each lasting 90 minutes. :mad:

PF, should I be saying "no" to all this? You can PM me if you like.

Antibiotics are quite the double-edge sword. We were given them for almost everything as a kid. They were a medical miracle. But, we forgot to take evolution into account.

I always ask my doctor now if there is and alternative when he wants to prescribe antibiotics.

CD

That's what I keep hearing - then what do they do? Pump me up with more antibiotics. They changed it at the new hospital so instead of 2 types over 2 1/2 hours I get two different ones altogether, one in the morning and one in the evening each lasting 90 minutes. :mad:

PF, should I be saying "no" to all this? You can PM me if you like.

No, don't stop your therapy, you have infections that need to be taken care of. My response was to why we are now seeing so many incidences of cellulitis, infections of surgical sites. Humans are no longer able to protect themselves because of antibiotic soaps, keeping their kids environment sterile, etc. Our bodies are no longer able to fight off the normal bacteria that is on our bodies at all times.

No, don't stop your therapy, you have infections that need to be taken care of. My response was to why we are now seeing so many incidences of cellulitis, infections of surgical sites. Humans are no longer able to protect themselves because of antibiotic soaps, keeping their kids environment sterile, etc. Our bodies are no longer able to fight off the normal bacteria that is on our bodies at all times.
+1. Our former exchange student's partner did not take antibiotics when she was breast-feeding their son. She ended up extremely ill in the hospital because the infection got so bad. People used to die frequently of infection before antibiotics were developed.

LP, taking an antibiotic when you have a serious infection is not an example of overuse. The problem is when people demand it for a cold, for example, not realizing that it doesn't work on viruses. And overuse of hand and home cleaners, as PF said.

There's a lot more awareness of the resistance problem now, so doctors are usually reluctant to prescribe them when they're not needed.

Take care ❤️

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom