What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Camping out in the mother in laws driveway in southeastern Kentucky. We are expecting torrential down pours this evening. I expect we will loose power. I got everything ready to go. Flashlights, camper battery all charged up, tank full of water and plenty of propane for hot water and cooking.

I am getting ready for my 2nd visit to the dentist in two days.

I'm transitioning from Medicaid to Medicare and right now, the two overlap. But my Medicaid ends on June 30th and the Medicare won't cover dental. So what happens? The back of one of my molars falls out.

So I plead and bleed and my dentist gets me an appointment last week and then all she did was check the molar and say, yeah, we can do that. So then my "real" appointment was yesterday. But the dentist came in and started fiddling with my front teeth, then told me I was done and walked out. Said they're going to do the molar "next time".

I told them there IS no next time - I only have one week left to be covered for this. So they squeezed me in for a third time and today I think I might finally get my molar fixed.

Sheesh!

Over use of antibiotics. Our normal skin flora (bacteria) has become resistant and invasive.

I am so glad I let my kids eat dirt. They discovered very quickly it didn't taste like the chocolate cake sitting in the fridge waiting for supper. When one got a cold, they all got it. And no antibiotics for it. Cough syrup just before bed. So they could get at least a couple of hours sleep before the cough woke them up. Runny noses? A small packet of tissues to keep in their pockets. Most of the time they got one or two child size aspirin for any aches or pains. No antibiotics there either. Or for any cuts that required sutures. They were all strong enough to fight off any impending infection. And their doctor wisely knew that.

I am so glad I let my kids eat dirt. They discovered very quickly it didn't taste like the chocolate cake sitting in the fridge waiting for supper. When one got a cold, they all got it. And no antibiotics for it. Cough syrup just before bed. So they could get at least a couple of hours sleep before the cough woke them up. Runny noses? A small packet of tissues to keep in their pockets. Most of the time they got one or two child size aspirin for any aches or pains. No antibiotics there either. Or for any cuts that required sutures. They were all strong enough to fight off any impending infection. And their doctor wisely knew that.
Agreed. My farm kids are in everything. I think Thats what helped Jasper get over his allergies so quickly.

Yay, I just got back from my morning IV therapy and I have been put back on oral antibiotics for both infections for another week.

My only problem is I still can't get a normal shoe on my right foot and since there are still cracks in my heels they don't want me wearing slings or slip-ons which could allow dirt, etc. to get in. But the only place I really need to go is to the vet with Violet and I have no problems wearing slippers there LOL! I wear them in the house so that is taken care of.

I am getting ready to empty out the spare fridge (that I never wanted to bring here in the first place) so that we can set up the new pantry that arrived yesterday in the kitchen. What will happen to the fridge I don't know, but for now it will be set up in the great room just outside the kitchen and be used for beverages, and produce.

Once the pantry is up I can finally empty a bunch of kitchen boxes. The only thing I will be waiting for now is the spice pantry which will arrive on July 4th.

I can't wait to have a full functioning kitchen. We will be going stove hunting this week as there will be Canada Day sales. I know exactly what I want, it is just seeking out the best deal.

Glad you are done with IV antibiotics for now. I was just wondering about the sling backs, what if you wore socks or stockings with them?

I have a problem with socks - my feet sweat and swell in them. But I have some little flesh colored ones that just cover the toes and heels that I forgot about.

We are also going to look for some open toe, closed heel sandals in a large size. Walmart and Pay-Less have had them in the past. The best ones are elastic across the top.

I have a problem with socks - my feet sweat and swell in them. But I have some little flesh colored ones that just cover the toes and heels that I forgot about.

We are also going to look for some open toe, closed heel sandals in a large size. Walmart and Pay-Less have had them in the past. The best ones are elastic across the top.
Closed heels sounds great. I used to have cracked heels all the time. I now wear closed shoes all the time, even at home, because I'm afraid of breaking toes. The cracks are all gone, not even a hint of heel cracking.

First night back to work after vacation kicked my behind last night. I'm hoping the sleep I got today will be enough for round 2 tonight.

First night back to work after vacation kicked my behind last night. I'm hoping the sleep I got today will be enough for round 2 tonight.

I have faith in you. I always worked the second or third shift when I didn't work in an office. The pay was better and the folks more friendlier. And having kids at home, day work was almost out of the question.

Setting in the bedroom a/c hiding from the heat this evening. Tomorrow morning I'll be painting the interior doors of our place, then making some Mason Bee houses for the orchard.

Then I'll hide in the bedroom watching movies tomorrow until evening when I may throw something on the grill.

I've skimmed through this thread and am also wishing the best for those of you going through hard times recently. My own problems seem very small in comparison. I wish you all well.

Setting in the bedroom a/c hiding from the heat this evening. Tomorrow morning I'll be painting the interior doors of our place, then making some Mason Bee houses for the orchard.

Then I'll hide in the bedroom watching movies tomorrow until evening when I may throw something on the grill.

I've skimmed through this thread and am also wishing the best for those of you going through hard times recently. My own problems seem very small in comparison. I wish you all well.

+1, Vinylhanger. Well said. :wub: Hoping you get some relief from the heat and get a day off soon.

We had a cold front come through last night and dump a lot of rain. The Trinity River Basin is 99.4-percent full. The lake we get our water from is part of the Trinity. Statewide, we are at 86-percent. West Texas is really low.

Texas only has two natural lakes, and one is arguably a bay off of the Gulf of Mexico. So, keeping our network of man-made lakes full is always a worry in the summer. This full in June is excellent.

CD

I am eating stuff I'm not supposed to and enjoying it. Thought I would stop in during my 15 minute break and see how things are going.

I am eating stuff I'm not supposed to and enjoying it. Thought I would stop in during my 15 minute break and see how things are going.

Well, your break is long over, but I am glad you stopped in.

We were moving furniture tonight to get the spare fridge out of the kitchen to make room for my first of two pantries. This one is 6 ft tall and will hold my bigger food items like all my different flours, sugar, and other baking goods. There will be a shelf for the fur-kids' food and treats, extra bowls and Violet's medicine. I will also be putting small appliances like the mini-chopper, immersion blender and all the Kitchen-Aid attachments.

Axess+Kitchen+Pantry.jpg

The second pantry will be my spice cupboard (yes, I have enough to fill a small pantry) and it has extra shelves in the doors. This one is only 42" tall and will fit nicely under the pass-through.

Kitchen+Pantry.jpg

So everything has been moved and we will be ready to build the first one in the morning. The second arrives on July 4th. Our area rug comes on this coming Tuesday. The place is starting to look like home! :)

Back
Top Bottom