What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's the verdict? Are we behaving ourselves good, Mom? Can we have ice cream? Please? Pleeeeeeeeease???
:D

Hope work is treating you kindly tonight. ;)

Yes, you may have ice cream...

Work is still kicking my behind or maybe it's the new admit. Severe Dementia, he needs a different setting, like a locked unit.

Well, your break is long over, but I am glad you stopped in.

We were moving furniture tonight to get the spare fridge out of the kitchen to make room for my first of two pantries. This one is 6 ft tall and will hold my bigger food items like all my different flours, sugar, and other baking goods. There will be a shelf for the fur-kids' food and treats, extra bowls and Violet's medicine. I will also be putting small appliances like the mini-chopper, immersion blender and all the Kitchen-Aid attachments.

Axess+Kitchen+Pantry.jpg

The second pantry will be my spice cupboard (yes, I have enough to fill a small pantry) and it has extra shelves in the doors. This one is only 42" tall and will fit nicely under the pass-through.

Kitchen+Pantry.jpg

So everything has been moved and we will be ready to build the first one in the morning. The second arrives on July 4th. Our area rug comes on this coming Tuesday. The place is starting to look like home! :)

I have a cabinet similar to yours. Only I have four doors and no shelves on the doors. But I love it anyway. Surprisingly, it holds a lot. I have had it now for quite awhile. One shelf holds all the can goods. I was very concerned about the possibility of the shelf bowing under all that weight of can goods. Nope! The shelves are sturdy and are holding up very nicely. No bowing at all. And they are adjustable.

Enjoy your new cabinet. I know I am enjoying mine immensely. Think of all the wonderful ingredients you can put in there for a fantastic meal.

I am heading to the dollar store to look for some milk-crate type containers to organize the food in MY NEW FREEZER! I'm so excited to have this much space for preserved goods! So much easier than canning, although I still do some of that. But I would rather freeze garden vegetables now and then process them in the fall when it's not so hot.

This is just the stuff from the old small freezer that we're going to sell. I have two more - one in the kitchen fridge and one in the extra fridge. Can't wait to have this stuff organized.
0625171239_HDR.jpg

Work is still kicking my behind or maybe it's the new admit. Severe Dementia, he needs a different setting, like a locked unit.

I know that when my Mom was in rehab for the aneurysm, they had a special bracelet for so at first because shed kept trying to go out the door when she wasn't supposed to. Luckily, she only needed something like that for about the first 2 to 3 weeks. Does your facility have something like that?

I know that when my Mom was in rehab for the aneurysm, they had a special bracelet for so at first because shed kept trying to go out the door when she wasn't supposed to. Luckily, she only needed something like that for about the first 2 to 3 weeks. Does your facility have something like that?

Yes and he removes it. The wandering and exit seeking is not too bad, but he is very physically aggressive when he is redirected out of others rooms and away from destroying property. I spent last night getting all the electrical cords for the computer and phone system plugged back into the correct place. He objected to my trying to fix it, came around the desk at me with his cane and the three hole punch. My unit doesn't have the resources for this type of behavior.

Yes and he removes it. The wandering and exit seeking is not too bad, but he is very physically aggressive when he is redirected out of others rooms and away from destroying property. I spent last night getting all the electrical cords for the computer and phone system plugged back into the correct place. He objected to my trying to fix it, came around the desk at me with his cane and the three hole punch. My unit doesn't have the resources for this type of behavior.
That sounds scary, PF. I hope you're able to get the resources you need to deal with him and keep everyone safe.

(((Hugs PF))), yeah that's a bit much for you to have to deal with. You can't even fight back because you don't want to hurt him.

I am heading to the dollar store to look for some milk-crate type containers to organize the food in MY NEW FREEZER! I'm so excited to have this much space for preserved goods! So much easier than canning, although I still do some of that. But I would rather freeze garden vegetables now and then process them in the fall when it's not so hot.

This is just the stuff from the old small freezer that we're going to sell. I have two more - one in the kitchen fridge and one in the extra fridge. Can't wait to have this stuff organized.
View attachment 27127
Progress! The stuff in the drawer is stock fixings. Lots to do!
freezer-organized.jpg

Attachments

• 0625171651a_HDR.jpg
    0625171651a_HDR.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Nice freezer GG. I really prefer uprights. You can't really pack them as tight, but you can find stuff.

We are recuperating from grocery shopping. The shopping only takes a little energy. It's schlepping the groceries from the underground garage to our condo and then up from the basement into the kitchen that really knocks it out of us.

Nice freezer GG. I really prefer uprights. You can't really pack them as tight, but you can find stuff.

Thanks! That's why I got one. I've heard many horror stories about chest freezers. I just want to be able to get to my stuff without having to take out half the other stuff first. I also have a wire hanging basket that was in the sunroom serving no purpose :LOL: that I'm going to put in there, too.

My freezer looks like your but with fewer bins. Are you organized enough to have each bin contain only one type of food such as chicken or ground beef, etc?

My freezer looks like your but with fewer bins. Are you organized enough to have each bin contain only one type of food such as chicken or ground beef, etc?
I have all the meats, poultry and seafood in one bin, then bins for veggies, baked goods, condiments and sauces, etc. It's new so we'll see how it goes [emoji2]

Very nice new freezer, GG. LB, I love that freestanding pantry! Wish I had room for one. :)

--------------------------

Settling up last minute planning here for a trip up to NoCal (El Dorado County) with my daughter and 3 grandsons, ages 4, 6, and 8. :wub: We're leaving early Tuesday morning. Some of it will be spent helping to settle my late aunt and uncle's estate, the rest of the time we'll be playing. Can't wait to get out of this desert heat and up into the forests, rivers, and mountains. :)

Last edited:

It sounds like you're describing my father many years ago PF. Be very careful, as the only thing that stopped him was a spiral fracture of his leg as he took a swing trying his best to kill a nurse. This curse of dementia is hell on earth for everyone it touches. Above all.....stay safe.

Wow, PF, that sounds like a scary situation. Stay safe...and carry a baseball bat.

GG, I showed your freezer organization to Himself. His only words were "a little OCD there?" :ermm: Hmm, you never impressed me that way. You can make your own judgement call on that one. ;)

Cheryl, have a safe trip up and back. Hope you have plenty of time for fun mixed in with the estate stuff. Good luck.

Management had removed the resident to the Alzheimer's Unit before I got to work. Best place for him, the staff is trained in Dementia care and the other residents are not scared of him like my "With It' residents are. The unit is safer with not as many things that can be picked up and thrown or used as a weapon. My nurses station is right on the hall, total access for anyone. Over there the nurses station has a door to keep the residents out. Apparently he is still able to cause quite the ruckus over there.

PF, my first husband had throat cancer along with early onset of Alzheimer's. When I would go to see him, he didn't know me and would become violent toward me. I would have to have a male nurse in the room with me. Toward the end, I had to stop going to the hospital. It became to difficult for me. And for the kids.

Management had removed the resident to the Alzheimer's Unit before I got to work...
It sounds like it will be a better place for him, PF. It's good to know that you and your aware residents can relax. It's a shame that people have to suffer from such a debilitating condition. I feel bad for the families and friends of those patients, and thank the lord they have wonderful angels like you and all medical personnel to help them since they can't help themselves.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom