What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It sounds like it will be a better place for him, PF. It's good to know that you and your aware residents can relax. It's a shame that people have to suffer from such a debilitating condition. I feel bad for the families and friends of those patients, and thank the lord they have wonderful angels like you and all medical personnel to help them since they can't help themselves.

I hate Alzheimer's it steals some very nice people and turns them into monsters. Not all Alzheimer's victims are aggressive, but they all have those times when they can make you crazy with the repetitive things they do. Many are sweet, loving, cute and funny. I got a smile/laugh out of one of our people I didn't know could still discern humor, let alone conversation. She was laughing about me spilling her peanut butter sandwich on the floor. It was gone the next instant, but I did hear it and see the smile.

Management had removed the resident to the Alzheimer's Unit before I got to work. Best place for him, the staff is trained in Dementia care and the other residents are not scared of him like my "With It' residents are. The unit is safer with not as many things that can be picked up and thrown or used as a weapon. My nurses station is right on the hall, total access for anyone. Over there the nurses station has a door to keep the residents out. Apparently he is still able to cause quite the ruckus over there.
I'm glad that worked out well. Such a very sad and horrible disease.

GG, I showed your freezer organization to Himself. His only words were "a little OCD there?" :ermm: Hmm, you never impressed me that way. You can make your own judgement call on that one. ;)

Hey, when I can find what I want without unpacking half the freezer first, my stress level is lower, which makes me happier, so if it's a touch OCD, I can live with that :mrgreen:

Hey, when I can find what I want without unpacking half the freezer first, my stress level is lower, which makes me happier, so if it's a touch OCD, I can live with that :mrgreen:

If OCD is another way to say "organized", there's nothing wrong with that. It beats standing in front of the freezer with the door open trying to find where you put tonight's dinner.

PF, my first husband had throat cancer along with early onset of Alzheimer's. When I would go to see him, he didn't know me and would become violent toward me. I would have to have a male nurse in the room with me. Toward the end, I had to stop going to the hospital. It became to difficult for me. And for the kids.
So sorry, Addie. Was that the English one?

If OCD is another way to say "organized", there's nothing wrong with that. It beats standing in front of the freezer with the door open trying to find where you put tonight's dinner.
"OCD" is a very over-used and inaccurately used expression. It has a clinical definition and doesn't just mean fussy

Sometimes I think disorganized people call organized people OCD as a way of saying I'm normal but you have an unhealthy disorder! [emoji38]

Not referring to Himself, of course, as I don't know how organized he is. But I'll tell you, since I quit work and don't have a regular schedule, the bullet journal system has been a life-saver for reminding me of the things I want to do. People marvel at how organized I am. I spent the my last few working years mostly project-managing a very large, expensive high-profile website redesign. I had to be well-organized.

This is an example of my blank weekly bullet journal page. I love sitting down once a week to plan the week think about what I want to accomplish. If I don't get something done, it's gets migrated to the next week. The system can be infinitely personalized.

In case anyone is interested in more details: https://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelwmiller/how-to-start-a-bullet-journal
FB_IMG_1498485789406.jpg

Meeting tonight with a small group of classmates to plan a 60th reunion of the 1957 class of Pacific Grove High School..

I intend to participate in a round of fibs about how successful and wonderful life has been since graduating 60 years ago.. :LOL:

Ross

Sometimes I think disorganized people call organized people OCD as a way of saying I'm normal but you have an unhealthy disorder! [emoji38]

I get this all the time. I like my workspace organized and neat, but am labelled OCD. It all goes to heck when I get home.:rolleyes:

Yes and he removes it. The wandering and exit seeking is not too bad, but he is very physically aggressive when he is redirected out of others rooms and away from destroying property. I spent last night getting all the electrical cords for the computer and phone system plugged back into the correct place. He objected to my trying to fix it, came around the desk at me with his cane and the three hole punch. My unit doesn't have the resources for this type of behavior.

OMG - that is quite scary. Does your facility have a locked unit? Hopefully you can get it figured out and maybe transferred to an appropriate unit.

I have OCD and can be one of the most disorganized people around. However, when I am in one of those disorganized states (like with the move), I am totally disoriented and panicky and need to find just one piece that will fit together to make it right. It seems I need chaos to be able to find order in it.

At the moment I have a writing deadline, Violet is in one of her "I want to be at the dog park I don't care how hot it is or that I do nothing but lay at your feet which I could do in the nice air-conditioned suite" moods, I really want to get my living room uncleared of boxes and I desperately need to clean out the fridge. OCD is working overtime. :wacko:

Checking in.

I'm able to drop in daily for a quick visit and read a few posts. That's about it.One of these days I'll have time to actually reply on a few topics.

Quick update:

Mr.Munky has been doing well. Better sense Nurse Badger's friendly reminder a whap on his good hand with the tip of a pencil, to remind him NOT to use that hand until the sprain heals up. He's terrified of an eraser tip now. LOL!!!!:LOL: Whatever works right?....:D

My crazy lady neighbor is back....The answer is still no.

Ah well, time to get the Mr up. It's O/T today.
Where did the weekend go?

Munky.

Good to see you Munky! Glad things are going fairly well. I will have to find and catch up on the crazy neighbour.

BTW, your little Monkey has settled into her new digs fairly well. She has decided going out into the "big world" (the fairly quiet street we live on) is too scary, even with harness and leash so she is content to watch from the confines of "her" balcony! She will sit for an hour, then come in and curl up on any bed (ours, Violet's, the back of my recliner), that isn't hers! :LOL:

Hi Munky. Glad to hear you're keeping your DH in line. Wishing him (and you) continuing good health.

I was doing what I usually do this time of year - listening to baseball. Tough game - the Indians were losing by four runs before they had even come up to bat. It went from bad (4-1 at the end of one inning) to worse (9-2 in the middle of the fourth inning). By the end of the 2nd inning I was considering not cooking and heading out to eat, but it was already coming up on 8:00PM and places near us close early. Shortly after that, the fun began. Between the second half of the 4th inning and the end of the 8th inning, the Indians scored 13 runs. 13! They ended up winning 15-9.

Glad we stayed home. :cool: And a Tip of the Hat to Andy and his team, the Red Sox, for beating the Twins. Thanks to them, we're back in first place.

Good to see you Munky! Glad things are going fairly well. I will have to find and catch up on the crazy neighbour.

BTW, your little Monkey has settled into her new digs fairly well. She has decided going out into the "big world" (the fairly quiet street we live on) is too scary, even with harness and leash so she is content to watch from the confines of "her" balcony! She will sit for an hour, then come in and curl up on any bed (ours, Violet's, the back of my recliner), that isn't hers! :LOL:

Hiya LP :)
Thanks for noticin' me.No need to throw me a parade (Eeyore) :LOL:

To save you some time. Crazy lady was driving me into hibernation. Seriously. I did one good deed for them, it then turned into a twisted I.O.U. They started expecting me and my sons to be their caretaker.
They had to learn a new word "NO!."

As for my Lil Monkey, this time next year she will be used to her new home. I can see her now strutting around with her tail in the air. Telling the other cats "It's Munky to you!" Any adopted cat of mine will have a little sassy attitude.It's what makes us unique. :ROFLMAO:

All the best.

Munky.

Hiya, Munky! Good to see you again. Glad to hear the Mister is coming along pretty well. Ugh....sorry to hear the neighbors are still trying to give you grief. :rolleyes:

I'm all packed for a week's vacation up to NoCal (El Dorado County), my daughter should be here within 1/2 hour or so to pick me up. Yay! I so need to get out of this hot desert town and get up to the mountains, lakes and rivers. :wub:

Take care, and best wishes for continued progress for Mr. Munky! :)

Hey, Munky, nice to see you! Ditto what Cheryl said, although I don't get to go to the mountains :( [emoji38]

I'm making mango salsa to take to my book club meeting tonight. Adding in jicama and cucumber.

Hiya, Munky! Good to see you again. Glad to hear the Mister is coming along pretty well. Ugh....sorry to hear the neighbors are still trying to give you grief. :rolleyes:

I'm all packed for a week's vacation up to NoCal (El Dorado County), my daughter should be here within 1/2 hour or so to pick me up. Yay! I so need to get out of this hot desert town and get up to the mountains, lakes and rivers. :wub:

Take care, and best wishes for continued progress for Mr. Munky! :)

Hiya and bye-ya...:LOL:

Have a great trip. I'll wave to you as you pass by.
My sister tells me the nights have been chilly.Take a jacket...

Were off today. I was bad at Michael's yesterday.Bought some beautiful yarn to play with. Just broke out my Schacht loom.Getting it all set up.
The hard part is deciding what to weave.

I'll save LP's Monkey a ball of yarn. Hope she likes wool.:ohmy:

Munky.

So sorry, Addie. Was that the English one?

Yes it was. It is such a hideous disease for a family to go through. The patient is not the only one who suffers. Pirate often talks about his father. And Spike will often talk about visiting his father in the hospital. He comments on his cancer more than the Alzheimer. When he does talk about that, it is often about the funny things he says and does. Unfortunately, all three of his kids were old enough to see him go through it from beginning to end. All I could do is just be there for him. I am just happy he was gone when his only daughter was murdered.

Yes it was. It is such a hideous disease for a family to go through. The patient is not the only one who suffers. Pirate often talks about his father. And Spike will often talk about visiting his father in the hospital. He comments on his cancer more than the Alzheimer. When he does talk about that, it is often about the funny things he says and does. Unfortunately, all three of his kids were old enough to see him go through it from beginning to end. All I could do is just be there for him. I am just happy he was gone when his only daughter was murdered.

My brother, only sibling was just diagnosed with stage four esophageal cancer about 3 months ago. He is 47 years old. They aren't giving us any hope. You are right, it's very tough. My mother is losing it, she is just outright going wacky. My dad doesn't say much but I'm sure he is letting it eat up his insides, I'm more like him than my mom.

Back
Top Bottom