What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sorry to hear this, Merlot. My best wishes and thoughts go out to you and your family.

Thank you so much PF, your kindness is appreciated. :wub: It's not in our hands now, they gave him a year but we all know that something could happen and he could be gone tomorrow or he could live well into his 80's. Life... never know what you are going to get.

My brother, only sibling was just diagnosed with stage four esophageal cancer about 3 months ago. He is 47 years old. They aren't giving us any hope. You are right, it's very tough. My mother is losing it, she is just outright going wacky. My dad doesn't say much but I'm sure he is letting it eat up his insides, I'm more like him than my mom.
I understand how you feel. A very close friend of mine was just diagnosed with lung cancer. They give him 5 to 10 years. Hes shutting everyone out and refusing treatment. He won't even use a nebulizer. Oh and he has informed us that he will not stop smoking. The only people who know of his condition is my wife a I and his girlfriend. He just turned 40. We want to help him cope but he just gets mad.

Oh bless his heart. I hope he changes his mind. With my brother they did say his mass is too close to his heart and they refused to try to cut it out. Your friend may have a stronger chance of survival.
I have done a lot of reading on foods for cancer and tried to get my brother to drink lemon water in the morning. I bought him a huge bag of lemons and a squeezer. Then I read about black raspberries and esophagus cancer.... he has a bush in his yard.... he is refusing to try either one! Heck I would take him fresh smoothies everyday If he would drink them but he won't. He is the meat and potatoes kid, I am the foodie of the family.
I'm not completely dumb, I know that lemons and black raspberries are going to cure him but hey anything is worth a try, right??!?

Last edited:
Thats what I say but Hes stubborn. At least he could take his meds. But he says it's his fault he has it because hes been smoking 25 years and hes not about to quit now. Worst of it is he wont tell anyone. I keep having to make excuses with our other friends. They know its bull because everyone has seen him use his rescue inhaler.

Last edited:
Maybe he is just following the stages of grief, he may turn around! I sure hope so :)

My brother, only sibling was just diagnosed with stage four esophageal cancer about 3 months ago. He is 47 years old. They aren't giving us any hope. You are right, it's very tough. My mother is losing it, she is just outright going wacky. My dad doesn't say much but I'm sure he is letting it eat up his insides, I'm more like him than my mom.

I'm sorry, Merlot. Best wishes to you and your family.

Please, no yarn, wool or otherwise! If another ball enters this house (whether for me or Monkey) I am afraid TB will throw me and all the yarn out to sleep on it in the dog park! :ohmy:

Like that's a bad thing? :ROFLMAO:
At least you'll both be sharing a nice soft bed.:D

O/T today. Then to the bank. Mr. Munk and I bought our youngest son a newer car that will be here this weekend.
My car has to go.I'm seriously going to miss my beauty.I've had her forever. We grew old together.Love that red color.They even had car clubs for that model. Go figure. Maybe I'll just hide her in the back yard.
If you click on the pic that's my baby! Except mine has better rims.

Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (1996)

Munky.

So sorry to hear that. He's too young.
Wishing you and your family all the the best in your most troubling time.
Keep the faith. Were all here if you need to vent.

Munky.

Merlot, so sorry to hear this news. Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family!

Munky, Ya, a nice soft bed in the middle of a bathroom used by all the dogs in the neighbourhood! :ermm:

So sorry to hear that. He's too young.
Wishing you and your family all the the best in your most troubling time.
Keep the faith. Were all here if you need to vent.

Munky.

Thank you for your kindness!
Out of curiosity, when you say O/T for your husband, do you mean occupational therapy?

Merlot, so sorry to hear this news. Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family!

Munky, Ya, a nice soft bed in the middle of a bathroom used by all the dogs in the neighbourhood! :ermm:
Thank you very much, it means a lot!

Thank you for your kindness!
Out of curiosity, when you say O/T for your husband, do you mean occupational therapy?

You're welcome. I truly understand what your going through.
I've lost my last youngest brother not long ago he was only 48. That after we just lost Mom to Dementia.

Yes O/T is Occupational Therapy. Plus others that he attends. Were on the road a lot. It's ok, it's paying off.
Mr. Munk is recuperating from a stroke he suffered after he had bypass surgery. He's been doing great. It's been a tough road at times. He's doing it. I'm very proud of how far he's come.

Munky.

LP...

That's called Adventure Sleeping...:ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:

Luv ya's...Lol!

Munky.

Munky, Im so sorry for the loss of your brother and momma. Life is hard!

I asked about OT because that is what I do :)
Edited 3 times because my phone hates me :/

Back
Top Bottom