What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The last several days I've been reorganizing and redoing my lovely studio that Glenn built for me. So far I've done all the heavy moving and shoving and now it's down to the little, nit-picky stuff. That'll take me, probably, several weeks. That's fine because I'm going to need something gentle to do as I recover from anticipated hand surgery. I see the doc tomorrow and will learn when.

Thoughts and Prayers! Good luck!:)
And Congrats on the studio!

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt and I are going to see that at 2:30 today! I for one am very excited...and yes, I am Way past my teens!

I didn't know there was an age limit for being excited about Marvel movies:LOL: I'll be 52 this year. (Shrek is 66) We have more toys than your average 4 year old! Have fun, we are hitting the 4:30 show, which will be about 6:30 your time.

We went on Friday and went to the 3-D version. We had a choice of regular 3-D and Imax 3-D and chose the regular. It was good, though I did find that it didn't always make a difference. However, there were some really WOW moments (won't give any spoilers). DH said it was distracting for him at times.

But it was worth it and it was a really good movie! They did a great job of weaving the characters' personalities and stories together and Stan Lee got his little part in.....I always look for that in a Marvel Movie! :)

I'm not sure if we are seeing the BIG 3-D or not...Shrek made the plans after I told him to look it up. He kept reading off the times for both and I couldn't picture them in my mind fast enough so I told him to just pick one, I'd be ready. I had to watch Iron Man again last night! Caught Stan Lee, same as always!:)

I'm not sure if we are seeing the BIG 3-D or not...Shrek made the plans after I told him to look it up. He kept reading off the times for both and I couldn't picture them in my mind fast enough so I told him to just pick one, I'd be ready. I had to watch Iron Man again last night! Caught Stan Lee, same as always!:)

All I will say is Stan is near the end. Love his line! We haven't seen Captain America - need to do that one now for sure! That is one Marvel comic I don't remember, but then again you probably don't remember Captain Canada! :whistling

All I will say is Stan is near the end. Love his line! We haven't seen Captain America - need to do that one now for sure! That is one Marvel comic I don't remember, but then again you probably don't remember Captain Canada! :whistling

No, I don't remember Captain Canada...does he wear a Maple leaf?:angel: We saw Captain America last, it's good! Iron Man will always be better!;)

I remember Captain Canada. Man that comic stank. :LOL:

Relaxing in the chair at home. Mom is here visiting for the weekend. The daughter had her piano recital yesterday & it made her feel great that grandma was here to hear her.

Listening to the mocking bird who has taken residence nearby. I love the song and it makes me feel happy. Summer has started already, 90°s lately. but at least there is a little breeze. If the summer storms keep up, it will be comfortable enough.

I wish Shrek would let me open the bedroom window and just put another blanket on. It's getting stuffy in here.

Just got done making some rhubarb jam. We also use it as a sauce to put on ice cream.
That sounds good! I have some ice cream and sherbet in the freezer. I might have some tonight, though I don't have jam... just apricot preserves.

I'm doing laundry and trying to decide what to make for dinner.

Went to see the Doc this morning. He is so pleased with my sugar readings, he has taken me off the glipizide completely. He is also happy that I have started to eat again. So am I. I was getting nervous about it. the only thing is my anemia. He put me on minute amounts of liquid iron drops. :yum:

Went to see the Doc this morning. He is so pleased with my sugar readings, he has taken me off the glipizide completely. He is also happy that I have started to eat again. So am I. I was getting nervous about it. the only thing is my anemia. He put me on minute amounts of liquid iron drops. :yum:
I am so happy for you, Addie. Dad was on glipizide and some other medications for his diabetes. And as you eat more of the right foods I think it will help your anemia and you won't need the iron. :)

Still "playing" in my studio and now that I know when I'm having surgery, I'm accelerating my reorganization tasks. Next Tuesday is "D" day and I want to have plenty of easy things to do while I recover. Doc says I'll be in a cast for 6 weeks. I think I can come up with enough to do. That time will be spent "fine tuning" my space. I'm actually looking forward to it. The time in my studio, that is.

I am so happy for you, Addie. Dad was on glipizide and some other medications for his diabetes. And as you eat more of the right foods I think it will help your anemia and you won't need the iron. :)

I will always be anemic. I don't seem to process iron properly. I am not sure I am going to like those liquid iron drops though. And I just can't add another pill to my already stash. The doc seems more concernedd with my iron levels than I am. I am used to it being the way it is. And I don't care. Only he does.

Trying to cool down after setting the garage to rights. The a/c guys are coming Friday to install the new air conditioner/heat pump I had to buy this morning since the old one died a few days ago. The inside parts will go in the garage where the old ones are now and the garage was a wreck. I knew they would need room to work, so with that motivation I carried stuff out to the outside sheds and temporarily into my bedroom. When I pulled the car back in after finishing, I felt as though I was in the wrong garage. Wish I could keep it that way for at least a while. I'm certainly looking forward to Friday night when I can turn on cool air again. We're already in the 90's down here. :devilish:

I'm so pleased to read this.

More red meat and liver, that's how I took care of an iron deficiency. ;)

Hauled the huge dracenas and hibiscus pots outside. Have a very lush crop of weeds growing in every single flower garden and raised bed, I'm pulling weeds like crazy.

Worked late todayan early busy day tomorrow with caterings. Went to acute care last night, I have had enough with this cough for the last 2 weeks, ever since that bad tooth. I was diagnosed with bronchial infection. Doc. prescribed some potent drugs that make me feel loopey. Time to relax awhile now before running the daughter to piano lessons.

Back
Top Bottom