What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ahh! It is Saturday morning and the house is clean. All I have to do is fold the laundry. I even cleaned the fridge yesterday. Every time I opened the door to the fridge yesterday, I had a nice soapy sponge in hand and would wash off one shelf or some part of the dang machine. I hate cleaning that thing. That method certainly beats taking everything out and washing it, then putting it back together.

Pirate is going camping over the holiday weekend. It will be nice to be alone again. And on Tuesday, I am going to sit in my daughter's yard and do nothing. She is having a BBQ. Her son and his girlfriend went to Chicago for a weeks vacation. They went swimming in the hotel pool. He came back with a horrible rash. It turns out it was the pool. There was not enough clorine in the pool. Sounds like someone was trying to save money of the upkeep of the pool or simply was too lazy to do it right. And this was a big name world famous hotel.

A few weeks back I was attack by sand fleas from when Spike brought Teddy to the beach. All the bites healed nicely except for the ones on the graft on my leg. I was starting to get nervous. I thought there might be a good chance that I would have to get another graft or at the worst, lose my leg.

Aha! Silver Sulfadiazine to the rescue. It has been a slow process, but the wound is almost healed completely. And it is not so painful to walk anymore.

Happy weekend everyone!

Looking for a new house online.

Must haves:

1.) Privacy
2.) Razor wire for fencing :ROFLMAO:

Asking too much?

Munky.

We are quietly celebrating Canada Day. It's Canada's 150th birthday today. There may be homemade strawberry ice cream later.

We went to 2 grocery stores this AM - got steaks for tomorrow and Tuesday, strawberries, cucumbers, & tomatoes to use throughout the week, some sliced ham, slicing tomatoes for Mom, gelato for Mom, and fried chicken & sweet potato for lunch & supper today. Going to Walmart and paying bills in town Monday.

Must haves:

1.) Privacy

Asking too much?

Munky.

I can lend you Violet, she is a great patrol dog! Every night we just take her around back instead of the dog park. She checks around our van and the other vehicles there, and the "perimeter". Then when we come back through the underground she has to check every car and inch of the place, ending with TB's car. Any person she sees she sniffs out and if she doesn't know or like them she barks her head off!

We are quietly celebrating Canada Day. It's Canada's 150th birthday today. There may be homemade strawberry ice cream later.

We are quietly celebrating as well by going over to TB's parents' place for a BBQ. I am taking cupcakes with strawberries and whipped cream on them!

I do that from time to time.... not that I'm looking for a new house. I'm always curious about homes for sale in other states I can see myself living in when I retire... cool summers and mild winters are a must.

It is fun to see how the other half lives.
Property taxes must be killing them. Whewww, glad I'm just a lowly commoner.

The one thing that's frustrating when looking online is the (Regulator's)
want you to sign in to an account using your personal phone #.To look at a home? I don't think so.

No pun intended....
Road Trip! Just ahead....:LOL:

Munky.

I can lend you Violet, she is a great patrol dog! Every night we just take her around back instead of the dog park. She checks around our van and the other vehicles there, and the "perimeter". Then when we come back through the underground she has to check every car and inch of the place, ending with TB's car. Any person she sees she sniffs out and if she doesn't know or like them she barks her head off!

We are quietly celebrating as well by going over to TB's parents' place for a BBQ. I am taking cupcakes with strawberries and whipped cream on them!

Oh, so you have a real dog.
Our dogs are unusual. Every year at Christmas, Trub our Golden Retriever
uses my dog Sophie who's blind, as the 'Look out' so he can sniff out their presents, and she actually does it!

Now we have a new one. She shiver's, shakes like a quake and whimpers.
We call it cry baby noises.

Munky.

Must haves:

1.) Privacy

Asking too much?

Munky.

Still getting to you I see. :ROFLMAO: You have my sympathy. Imagine living here with 39 other residents. I stay away from the first floor from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Someone is down there getting their mail or doing laundry. Some days it seems like the whole building is down there. What did you get for mail? Junk mail like me? How have you been? I haven't seen you for so long. (I was down there yesterday.) The same questions every day. I feel like I live in a glass bowl some days.

I like that razor fencing idea. Brilliant! Just make sure it is like those rolls of them they put on top of prison walls.

Spike showed up today with not one, but TWO lobsters for me to boil today. I am one happy person. And he brought me a small package of hot dog rolls to go with them. And they were still hard shelled. Of course these two past weeks have been the warmest weeks we have had this spring. So they are a little late shedding.

I be stalling. I did a grocery run to grab a few on-sale items before the ad flips to next week. I figured I'd load up the freezer (what little space I have) with chicken breasts ($1.69 per pound), pitted cherries ($1.99 per pound), and quick-steamed corn cut from the cob (17 cents per ear if you bought 10 or more - I bought 10). So far I used one of the chicken breasts for supper, and stripped the husks off two corn. I guess I'd better get busy...

Could be busy eating ice cream first, since we need to clean out the almost-empty carton to make room. :LOL: Tough job - someone has to do it. :yum:

CG - Get to work. Never mind. Put your feet up and enjoy that ice cream. There is always tomorrow.

I was looking at some strange sites that was looking for help. At the end of the job qualifications there was this sentence:

All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.

Did they leave anything out? Whatever happened to just "race, religion or sex"? I need to get out in the world more.

I am here alone with just Teddy. Spike has gone to work and Pirate is up in NH camping. I am enjoying the peace and quiet. I have the TV muted and am listening to Pandora and classical music. After today, the chaos starts.

Tomorrow I head for my daughter's backyard for a BBQ with all her SILs and their kids. When she first married Deech, they banded together and treated her like a bucket of cow droppings. It got so bad that she just stopped inviting any of them at all for holiday celebrations. They made sure that they would start a fight or do something to ruin any party they attended in her home. Then one day they all showed up at her door and asked if the could speak to the both of them. My daughter didn't even offer them a cup of coffee or a glass of water. They sat down in the parlor and everyone of them individually apologized to her and Deech. Each one had their own individual reason for their action and told them that they were so wrong. My daughter walked around in a daze for about a week. She couldn't believe that they did that.

Now they can't do enough for the both of them. When she was diagnosed with brain cancer, they made sure that one of them was there to help her during her one week a month when she was on her chemo. They all took turns sitting with Deech in the hospital when he was receiving his chemo in order to give my daughter a break. You just wouldn't believe the COMPLETE turn around with all of them.

Then on the fifth, I have an appointment with the foot doctor, from there on to my monthly shopping trip. On the sixth I have another medical appointment with the NP at Winthrop to try and find out what the heck is going on with my skin graft on my leg. It looks like my system is trying to reject it after all these past ten years of it doing so well. I have the feeling it means some trips to the plastic surgeon that did the surgery. On the seventh, Pirate returns from NH.

I am still in stand-by in NYC. Really rich guys can be a real PITA.

But, my hotel in Brooklyn faces the Hudson, and I'm on the top floor. I should have a good view of the fireworks over Manhattan. I can see the WTC and the Empire State Building from my room.

Thats about all I got. Just gettin' paid to leave voice mails and text messages to be ignored.

CD

Just been away from the family for four days, just having fun, meeting friends, eating good food and sleeping, a lot of rest.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom