What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A family friend won tickets to see Queen with Adam Lambert. Her Husband didn't want to go so she asked my wife to go. Jen don't really like queen so I ended up taking her. I was pretty skeptical. I thought Adam Lambert would suck. And I'm not really a huge Queen fan anyway but I went and it was pretty awesome. Hes no Freddy Mercury and he admitted that on stage but he did pretty darn good.

I have to take the wife out today for our anniversary. It was July 2nd but we were on vacation and just didn't have a chance to get away on our own.

A family friend won tickets to see Queen with Adam Lambert. Her Husband didn't want to go so she asked my wife to go. Jen don't really like queen so I ended up taking her. I was pretty skeptical. I thought Adam Lambert would suck. And I'm not really a huge Queen fan anyway but I went and it was pretty awesome. Hes no Freddy Mercury and he admitted that on stage but he did pretty darn good.

I have to take the wife out today for our anniversary. It was July 2nd but we were on vacation and just didn't have a chance to get away on our own.
No one will ever be Freddie Mercury ❤️ but Adam Lambert has a really good voice and he's certainly a showman ;) I bet it was a great show.

I'm resting and enjoying the peace & quiet that is in our house now. My DD and her family were here for the weekend. Yesterday her DF cleaned out the garage or Mom and I, and the next time they come up here, we will work on getting what is left better organized. I forgot what it's like when you have a 2 year old and a 4 year old in the house.

Sitting at a sidewalk Mexican cafe in Newburyport, MA. Enjoying the beautiful weather and watching the boats.

Jon, I am a die-hard Freddie Mercury fan; however last year we saw Lambert with Queen and I was impressed. He is totally up front about not trying to "do Freddy" and he fits in the group well. He is a showman just like Mercury was.

CJT - Having little ones around when you are not used to it can be very exhausting but I am sure you loved having them there. Also glad you got some clean-up done!

My day consists of hopefully getting my kitchen in order now that all pantries are here and only one more has to be assembled. I will also have the obligatory trip to the dog park so Violet can hang out with her canine and human friends.

EVERYONE in this neighbourhood knows Violet by name and goes out of their way to come and give her some attention - she laps it up too.

We may also go to see my in-laws later. It is so nice living 5 minutes away instead of 45!

Jon, I am a die-hard Freddie Mercury fan; however last year we saw Lambert with Queen and I was impressed. He is totally up front about not trying to "do Freddy" and he fits in the group well. He is a showman just like Mercury was.

CJT - Having little ones around when you are not used to it can be very exhausting but I am sure you loved having them there. Also glad you got some clean-up done!

My day consists of hopefully getting my kitchen in order now that all pantries are here and only one more has to be assembled. I will also have the obligatory trip to the dog park so Violet can hang out with her canine and human friends.

EVERYONE in this neighbourhood knows Violet by name and goes out of their way to come and give her some attention - she laps it up too.

We may also go to see my in-laws later. It is so nice living 5 minutes away instead of 45!

It sounds like the two of you have fond the ideal place to live. Good luck and God bless the both of you in your new home.

PF, I hope today finds your nerve still intact!
FJ, sounds like a great concert, happy anniversary to you and your wife!
Cjimmy, kids are a handful but I'm glad you got some cleaning out done!
Andy, I'm jealous... Mexican, beautiful weather, water and boats: a list of my favorite things! Enjoy!!
LPB, violet sounds like a sweetheart, my neighbors give our dogs slim jims... kind of hard to keep them in the yard when they are getting treats! It sounds like you found a good home!

I have been cleaning like a mad woman, I think I'm working harder at home than I would have if I was at work.. I am walking around all stooped over with my back... I think I have over done it this week... so now I'm resting and cleaning out my email. Who knew I had sooo many lost relatives and random generous people trying to give me millions of dollars! lol I am also invited to senior dating and well I won't carry on with the rest... lordy

Nice, Andy! Enjoy. We've been up that way a few times, but for us it's practically a day trip with two rest stops between home and there. :LOL:

I've spent today goofing off online. I think soon I'll find a different way to goof off. My baseball game doesn't start until 8:00PM, so I can listen and do something walk-around-ish once it starts.

I'm beat. When we were in North Carolina last week, we stopped at the Nahunta Pork Center where Vivian Howard gets the pork for her restaurant. I bought a couple of pork picnic shoulders and spent today turning half of one into bratwurst and the other half into smoked pulled pork. The picnic cut has a lot of skin, too, so I'm trying something new - pork cracklins'. They're finishing on the grill right now.

This is all for later in the week. We're having steak tonight :yum:

Prep:
0709171321_HDR.jpg
First grind:
0709171415_HDR.jpg
Smoking the shoulder and cracklins'.
0709171726a_HDR.jpg

Woah! Even more envious now... beautiful!

There are a lot of little town right on the coast of the Atlantic ocean like that. There is a town right next to where I live. I swear they must have at least three yacht clubs. And they have some beautiful huge boats.

I can't imagine living anywhere but just a block or so from the ocean.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom