What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This tastes like a cross between grapes and raisins. Probably won't make again, but no grapes were wasted.

Resting. Just got back from VA with my Mom and sister. Mom had to go up there and get her hearing aids today. We have to go back in about a month to make sure everything is working right.

Took my pickup in for $5500 worth of repairs and engine upgrades. The turbo went south so while I have it at the shop I'm ditching most of the fuel sucking epa mandated emissions. Getting bigger eigger exaust to let it breathe. Some customs tuneing to make it work better for what I do with it and addressing a few other minor issues its had for a while.
I had the same things done to one of our farm trucks. It increased fuel economy by 25%. I understand why the government wants to put all this extra stuff on our vehicles to make them cleaner. Problem is in the process they suck our fuel milage. Seems counterproductive but that's the government for ya.

Resting. Just got back from VA with my Mom and sister. Mom had to go up there and get her hearing aids today. We have to go back in about a month to make sure everything is working right.

cjmmytunes, I am assuming that your mother was a WWII or Korean Conflict veteran. Am I right. Or is she young enough to be of the Vietnam era? Which ever it is, hats off to her with a round of applause. Women who serve in the military, specially in wartime, do not get the recognition that they deserve. She is very fortunate to have a daughter like you to look after her. Kudos to you girl. You deserve them.

I had TB home today sick with the cold I have been down with all week. We took turns getting up to take Violet out and she wasn't happy that she did not get her 2 hours there while I read or talked to others there. She is becoming a real diva! All the dogs show her respect and all the humans drown her with attention.

So, while TB, Violet and Monkey sleep, I am getting some me time on the computer. I love a quiet house. Especially when my insomnia hasn't been too bad lately and I am getting to sleep around 1 am every night (it is 11:35 pm here right now).

I have a few items to put in the dishwasher but other than that I can just relax.

LP, I hope you and TB shake those germs soon. After all, Violet needs her adoration time from her fans. :LOL:

cjmmytunes, I am assuming that your mother was a WWII or Korean Conflict veteran...
Addie, actually I think cj and her Mom went to Virginia. THAT "VA", not THE V.A.

Quit assuming. You know the old saying...;)

Up before the sun. For some reason my brain wouldn't let me go back to sleep because I was thinking about making tsatzki sauce.

cjmmytunes, I am assuming that your mother was a WWII or Korean Conflict veteran. Am I right. Or is she young enough to be of the Vietnam era? Which ever it is, hats off to her with a round of applause. Women who serve in the military, specially in wartime, do not get the recognition that they deserve. She is very fortunate to have a daughter like you to look after her. Kudos to you girl. You deserve them.

Addie, when I said "VA" I meant the state of Virginia. I have a cousin who is an audiologist in Norfolk, and her office agreed to get Mom's hearing aids for what the insurance would cover. Otherwise we would have had to pay over $6000 (not including the $2000 that insurance covers). And the audiologists that are here in NC Mom didn't feel comfortable with. She did volunteer some with her Mom during the Korean conflict at the USO in Norfolk, though.

I'm making another batch of watermelon rind pickles :yum: Time-consuming, but really easy.
0714171047a_HDR.jpg

Been busy getting the house in order.
Still looking for a new one.
Some of you know what that means. You just did it. Done it.
Now it's my turn. Gah! I haven't moved in 20 years.I've forgotten how.

Munky.

Addie, when I said "VA" I meant the state of Virginia. I have a cousin who is an audiologist in Norfolk, and her office agreed to get Mom's hearing aids for what the insurance would cover. Otherwise we would have had to pay over $6000 (not including the $2000 that insurance covers). And the audiologists that are here in NC Mom didn't feel comfortable with. She did volunteer some with her Mom during the Korean conflict at the USO in Norfolk, though.
Addie isn't the only one, I wasn't sure if you meant the VA or VA :LOL: I frequent UVA hospital quite a bit. T one time in my life I was taking my child there every 3 months. I hate doctor visits! :ermm:

LP, I hope you and TB shake those germs soon. After all, Violet needs her adoration time from her fans. :LOL:

Addie, actually I think cj and her Mom went to Virginia. THAT "VA", not THE V.A.

Quit assuming. You know the old saying...;)

You know we do have women who have served in every war. Even the Revolution and Civil wars. So when I see the initials VA I automatically think of veterans. We have a very large VA hospital here. And a huge Old Soldiers Home in the next town over. So when I see the initials VA, in my world it is always in reference to those that have served. Not folks who go to Virginia for medical services.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom