What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Speaking of dogs.....

https://www.facebook.com/katie.howard42079#Well...alrighty now!

Never let it be said our dog, Harley, is a boring canine. She's quite the huntress and constantly brings us her "prizes." Anything from fawns, opossum, rabbits, snakes (some of which she tried to bark to death), skunks (one close encounter in her dog house halted that desire) and, now, today....

The crowning glory of her hunting escapades.

I looked out the kitchen window while I was making lunch and spied something in the back yard that looked slightly doggie "illegal." From my view point I tried to talk myself into the item being a piece of a broken tree but curiosity got the best of me and I went out to look.
Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to see a medium-sized.....

armadillo.

Way to go Harley!

Speaking of dogs.....

https://www.facebook.com/katie.howard42079#Well...alrighty now!

Never let it be said our dog, Harley, is a boring canine. She's quite the huntress and constantly brings us her "prizes." Anything from fawns, opossum, rabbits, snakes (some of which she tried to bark to death), skunks (one close encounter in her dog house halted that desire) and, now, today....

The crowning glory of her hunting escapades.

I looked out the kitchen window while I was making lunch and spied something in the back yard that looked slightly doggie "illegal." From my view point I tried to talk myself into the item being a piece of a broken tree but curiosity got the best of me and I went out to look.
Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to see a medium-sized.....

armadillo.

Way to go Harley!
:LOL: we had a dog that found turtles everywhere he went, he was obsessed with them! :wacko:

I have the bullet between my gums, (my teeth are in the bathroom) and I am biting down. I have a four inch D ring empty notebook. And I have all my printed recipes and my heavy duty three hole punch. So if I can pull myself away from the computer, I will be punching all of them.

Spent the early morning cleaning my tiny oven, after spraying it down with Fume Free Easy Off last night.. Necessary but not my fave job.. :ohmy:

Jeannie watched and directed me... :rolleyes:

Ross

Waiting for Shrek to shower so we can go get his "plumbing problem" fixed. I'll be very busy with "the Invalid" for the next couple days. Meanwhile, since he can't eat, I haven't eaten either.

I am sitting at the kitchen island, sipping a cup of coffee from Columbian Urrao-Valle de Penderisco beans that I roasted on Sunday.
As I glance to my right, I watch the birds at the three feeders outside my kitchen window.
I keep the feeder with the peanuts closest as the woodpeckers are my favorites. The small downy woodpeckers are so stunning and brave...that feeder is right outside my kitchen door and they don't budge when I go out the door...I'm used to that with the chickadees but was surprised to see the downy's so bold...maybe it's their way of saying thank you for the peanuts.
In the middle the millet type seed draws the chickadees, titmouse, wrens, sparrows, purple finches and cardinals...this past week for the first time ever Zach and I saw a western tanager! The last feeder is everyone's favorite...the sunflower seed. The goldfinches are getting bullied by the purple finches for control of turf and the purple finches are winning.
The squirrels are watching in the background frustrated. Again yesterday, as they do every few weeks or so, they once again try getting the seeds out of the feeder. It's been over a year and I figured they would give up by now...
Still overcast today but not raining anymore, which is a brief respite for my hips. I will try calling the blueberry farm again today for another 4 pints for jam. They were closed yesterday because of the rain. All the local farmers and merchants know me well and they have been so great about bringing things out to the jeep so I can avoid walking.
Dreams of more blueberry/lime jam dancing in my head....

:LOL: we had a dog that found turtles everywhere he went, he was obsessed with them! :wacko:
Thought you might find this interesting and funny. I going down the driveway on my way to work and see something ahead in my path. I get out and this is what I see... sorry the pic is on it's side...didn't know how to rotate it.

Attachments

• IMG_5474.jpg
    IMG_5474.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 83
We flew down to San Diego to pick up 2 rescue German Shepherds from Tijuana. We loaded them in a crate and flew them to the lady who was rescuing them.
I finally learned how to send texts on my flip phone to contact the sending and receiving parties.
I love to hear people that opt for rescues. I am a major dog fanatic and have two recues of my own. The first, an Argentinian Mastiff mix, got parvo at 8 weeks and miraculously survived but was skin and bones when the rescue group I adopted him from (Southern Paws) received him from Louisiana. He had stopped eating and it didn't look good, so I convinced them to let me take him anyway. I started him on a raw diet of chicken wings, thighs and legs...he gained 11 pounds in a week...lol! This is what he looks like now:

Attachments

• kylo 2.jpg
    kylo 2.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 73
I love to hear people that opt for rescues. I am a major dog fanatic and have two recues of my own. The first, an Argentinian Mastiff mix, got parvo at 8 weeks and miraculously survived but was skin and bones when the rescue group I adopted him from (Southern Paws) received him from Louisiana. He had stopped eating and it didn't look good, so I convinced them to let me take him anyway. I started him on a raw diet of chicken wings, thighs and legs...he gained 11 pounds in a week...lol! This is what he looks like now:

What a lucky dog! He definitely found his forever home. I love that he is all white.

My oldest son has a Maltese. I babysit him everyday while Spike goes to work or runs errands. He could stay home alone, but why should he. I love having him here. He now has three owners that feed him and take care of him.

I've spent the morning changing the fluid and filters in my transmission. It got pretty hot the other day on the way home from our camping trip. I was afraid it was burned. But Its still nice and red and no crap in the pan. Changed oil in the transfer case also. The front and rear differentials are next.
I'm having trouble getting the right filter from Napa. The new one is the white one its a little taller and I can't get the pan back on. I might have to go to the dealer and pay out the big bucks. Everyone else is gone for a few days so I'm here all by myself. I might say heck with it and take a nap.
9fe443e3a50749f5751ae46a4f0b8144.jpg
7a0d48b7822b3f529c540fb00800072e.jpg
02a2b95603e5fcc061af6f6396835124.jpg

I made olive salad this morning using the giardiniera I started a couple of days ago. It will be used in a deconstructed muffaletta salad in a day or 2. Made enough for the salad and either another salad or a muffaletta sammie, Craig's choice, next week.

Also started the dough for some whole wheat pita bread for tonight's dinner.

Just got through with breakfast. Mom has an appointment with the podiatrist today and we need to stop and get bread after we're done. May pick up some fried chicken and sweet potato fries for supper tonight.

I'm preparing a few jars of honey to trade to one person for some farm-fresh eggs and to another person for fresh figs from her tree. I'm excited to try making something with them - fig mustard, fig preserves, etc.

Just chillin' out right now. In spite of it being like Hades here I still had to turn on the oven to bake bread. We were out. As long as I had the oven on I also blind baked a pie crust for a blueberry pie. If I'm going to sweat I may as well make it worth it.

So...two nice loaves of bread and a golden pie crust are cooling on the kitchen table while I cool on the sofa with a cold drink.

I'll go out to vacuum the pool soon but won't be too refreshing since the water is registering at 94F. More like bathwater.

I'm preparing a few jars of honey to trade to one person for some farm-fresh eggs and to another person for fresh figs from her tree. I'm excited to try making something with them - fig mustard, fig preserves, etc.

That sounds interesting. I love the idea of bartering for other items that you don't have on your own property. I have always found figs and dates to sweet for my preferences. Whereas my sister would have climbed a tree to get to them. She loved them.

Jon, my brother would kill for that shop you've got.

GG, how nice that you can barter your honey with friends and neighbors. The farm fresh eggs and figs sound so good. :yum:

Katie...hope you pool cools down soon - you're so fortunate to have one!

It's just a little after 8PM here now, but I am so tired after running around with little man yesterday and today (and tomorrow....), and keeping him busy - heading for bed soon. He's a joy, but is he ever active. :ohmy::LOL: School starts back up in a couple of weeks. :)

Last edited:
It is almost 11:30 p.m. and I just hung up with my grandson. He sent me a picture of my brand new great grandson. He looks just like his grandfather and father. That brings the count up to 18. Seven are great grandkids.

This family just keeps growing and growing. What really scares me is that I have some great grandkids that are old enough to make me a great, great grandmother. Yikes!

It is almost 11:30 p.m. and I just hung up with my grandson. He sent me a picture of my brand new great grandson. He looks just like his grandfather and father. That brings the count up to 18. Seven are great grandkids.

This family just keeps growing and growing. What really scares me is that I have some great grandkids that are old enough to make me a great, great grandmother. Yikes!

Mazel Tov!

I'm just home from a trip home to Scotland. We dont do the proper tourist thing, since the family is local, no haggis but Scottish Sunday breakfast, lovely home made curries , fish cakes and dinners. We did splurge on eating at Five Guys, that was ace! I really liked their burgers and fries. Visited relatives, saw the country side, saw highland cattle, manage to see one guy playing bag pipe the last day there.

And now we are home just missing them all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom