What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The other day I was mixing up some spices to rub on my pork butt for the pulled pork. The recipe calls for 3 Tb of ground black pepper. Half way through the grind, my Unicorn Magnum Plus broke! ARRRGGGHHHH! I love that pepper mill.

I finished the job with another, slower mill and went right to my computer to order a new one.

Andy, can you give me the link to the mill you like. I tried to find it but no luck.

Andy, can you give me the link to the mill you like. I tried to find it but no luck.

Here it is, LP. I got the Plus model but it's also available in a smaller size. There are other models as well.

For years, this mill was rated as the best by ATK. I think another brand has since replaced it at the top of the ratings.

Unicorn Mills Magnum Plus Pepper Grinder

Here it is, LP. I got the Plus model but it's also available in a smaller size. There are other models as well.
For years, this mill was rated as the best by ATK. I think another brand has since replaced it at the top of the ratings.
Unicorn Mills Magnum Plus Pepper Grinder
Thanks, Andy. I think I will order the 6-inch pepper and salt mills as I love fresh ground sea salt as well for certain recipes. I might even get the 9-inch pepper and 6-inch salt!

Winthrop planned a trip for some of their members to go to the Farmer's Market in Revere. The next town to us. I got some fruit and other goodies. Then I saw some beautiful eggplants. I had my money in a little zipper purse that I received as a gift many years ago. After I had made other purchase at another stand, I tossed my purse into one of my bags. I was going to buy one of the eggplants. I already had picked up a couple of Japanese ones. So I go to get my purse, but couldn't find it. Oh well, I told the man to put it back. I was just too tired to go through my bags to find the purse.

I get home and start taking out the food from the bag. Aha! There was my purse. And at the very bottom of the bag, was the eggplant. The man had tossed it in my bag.

But more than that, that was the first time in more than ten years that I stood on my legs and walked around that long. Walking is very painful for me. By the time I got home, between carrying a heavy bag filled with veggies and fruits, I was exhausted and my feet and ankles were numb. But I now know that I can do it if I just put my mind to it. Time for me to go to the Wellness Center for some physical therapy.

Wow, Addie, that's quite the day!

I can totally relate to the being on your feet and walking taking a toll on you. If I stand in the dog park too long or do too many laps with Violet I get so I can barely make the walk across the street to home. I have been taking my walker for the long afternoon sessions so I have a seat when needed. Benches are at a premium then.

That is a very touching story about the eggplant. Such a kind man.

Hope you are having a much deserved rest.

Wow, Addie, that's quite the day!

I can totally relate to the being on your feet and walking taking a toll on you. If I stand in the dog park too long or do too many laps with Violet I get so I can barely make the walk across the street to home. I have been taking my walker for the long afternoon sessions so I have a seat when needed. Benches are at a premium then.

That is a very touching story about the eggplant. Such a kind man.

Hope you are having a much deserved rest.

Thank you LP. I had taken two Vicodin and Gabapentin before I left the house yesterday. That is what got me through the whole afternoon of being on my feet. But by the time I got home, they had worn off so I repeated the two. With the new application of meds in me I didn't have the good sense to sit down and do nothing. No, not me. I had to clean. I finally crashed around eight last night.

Today is a day of rest for me. I do want to clean out all the bottom cabinets. But it will have to wait another day. I did have to make a run up to Rite Aid to get the refill for Pirates medicine. The only other thing I am doing is to make a small supper for the both of us. I am really not hungry. But I HAVE to eat something so I won't get yelled at or have to lie about eating.

I've spent the last hour looking for things we might want to see as we drive down to Knoxville. Then I decided that most any of them will still be there when we drive practically the same route down to FL in November. We'll now probably just drive through over a couple days and stop to see anything that might tug at us from the highway, opting to visit a Bourbon distillery or two as we drive through KY on our way to our daughter's. Yup, much better idea. :LOL:

Went on a little fishing trip dow the river in a canoe yesterday. We usually run set lines but this was all rod and reel. We both had personal bests on rod and reel and I caught my first ever Blue Catfish. Didnt weigh them we cleaned and cooked them as soon as we got home.
f4125b9a1ad1528eaacb428c6011414a.jpg
9da9bfa62d3bcbf575b0868c0dc28886.jpg

Went on a little fishing trip dow the river in a canoe yesterday. We usually run set lines but this was all rod and reel. We both had personal bests on rod and reel and I caught my first ever Blue Catfish. Didnt weigh them we cleaned and cooked them as soon as we got home.
f4125b9a1ad1528eaacb428c6011414a.jpg
9da9bfa62d3bcbf575b0868c0dc28886.jpg

I am hoping you tell everyone that the fish in your left hand, your son caught.

Sounds like a great day out for all three of you.

Spike came by early this morning and took Teddy for a looooong walk. When he came back he stayed for a short spell. Went home and Teddy wanted to come right back. So they did.

While they were here, I made the meal I was going to make last night. Ribs, FF and broccoli.

But sitting in the fridge are the sliced tomatoes and radishes in cider vinegar. For snacking later.

Teddy and Spike have headed home once again until tomorrow. Spike has to work tomorrow so I get to doggysit again.

Right now I need a nap.

So do I.... hence I did this and my throat hurt, my legs hurts.. well everything hurts.. But it was fun for a while.

LOL, CakePoet, I was feeling sorry for you in tonight's dinner thread. Here, you go ahead and did this to yourself! :LOL: Just so long as it was worth it...

I've tried to get busy cleaning the last of the downstairs so that the "public" areas of the house are clean when we walk out the door. It's so much more fun to sit, reading and playing online. Not much to do, so here I go...:huh:...This is it...:ermm:...No stopping me now...:wacko:

Later! :LOL:

I tried to be fun, sleep over and all the stuff we did as young and all I got was sore hip, sore throat and head ache. Oh I woke up hugging some one in my sleep, I think I did the mum clam thing, some one got to close I automagically hugged it as I do with my daughter. But yeas it was fun, but it hurts, I am not as young as I used to be.

I tried to be fun, sleep over and all the stuff we did as young and all I got was sore hip, sore throat and head ache. Oh I woke up hugging some one in my sleep, I think I did the mum clam thing, some one got to close I automagically hugged it as I do with my daughter. But yeas it was fun, but it hurts, I am not as young as I used to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DExqgf96NZM

CD :LOL:

I'm making some ingredients for later in the week: veggie cream cheese with Penzeys Fox Point seasoning for topping Everything Bagels, and Italian sausage. I just dried fresh basil and parsley from the garden to use in the seasoning mix. About 15 minutes at 250°F.
0814171458_HDR.jpg

Relaxing in my recliner. Just got home from Aqua Chi class, in the warm water pool, at the Fittness center. The regular pool is being drained and cleaned. Got back on the bike and elliptical for a change. Slow but sure....

Back
Top Bottom