What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Decompressing after Shrek's Urology appointment today. Now waiting for the first Oncology appointment on Monday. Shrek is still being wishy-washy about doing Chemo and Radiation. He is saying, "No more surgery."

I can't speak for chemo, but I found radiation to be pretty easy. Mine was in the abdominal region, and as long as I didn't eat large amounts of food at a time, I was okay.

Best wishes.

CD

I believe all my past experience with patients going through Chemo and Radiation has been to teach me Love and Compassion for very sick people...so I'll be able to take care of Shrek.

Shrek is very lucky to have you there, PF. And I know you feel the same way about the old lug. ;) Sending you hugs and warm thoughts...and another prayer or two with your names on it.

Getting ready to type in some notes from my BG logs into Google Docs. I've accumulated so many notebooks and I am trying to condense them as much as possible.

I believe all my past experience with patients going through Chemo and Radiation has been to teach me Love and Compassion for very sick people...so I'll be able to take care of Shrek.

There is no doubt that you will... HUGS

I hope that this doesn't seem too negative but, I'm much older than you two and I fully understand his thinking..

Ross

Princess, are you going to take any time off during his chemo treatment? My mother, my daughter and my son-in-law all went through the chemo.

For my mother, it was still in the field trial stages. The asked her if she would be willing to participate. She agreed to it. It left a strong metallic taste in her mouth and lost her appetite. Getting her to eat was difficult. So I resorted to my cure for everything. A cup of chicken bullion broth. At least she kept that down.

At the time she was getting the treatment, MIT was the only place that had a radiation machine. And even that was in the field stages for cancer. Three times a week, I took her over there for her treatment. We always have joked that Mom went to MIT. Her chemo was in IV form. Her cancer started in her tonsils. By the time she died, it was in all her major organs.

I had a sister that lived too far away to participate in caring for her. With three kids it all fell on me.

As you know my daughter had brain cancer. Her husband helped in her care as he knew what she was in for. Caring for her was somewhat easier. Her chemo was in pill phone. It made her so sick. Again, no appetite, so again, chicken broth. Only this time it was with BTB. Today she is doing great. She goes for an MRI every three months (and will till she dies) and enjoying her retirement.

Her husband was diagnosed with Non-Hodgekin's lymphoma. He was in Stage three and was told to go home and put everything in order. They gave him three weeks to live. Dana Farber attacked his cancer with a vengeance. The cancer is gone, but he developed neuropathy and had to quit work. Today he is doing part time work in his garage making iron fences and other metal work. He too was so sick, but that chicken broth brought him through. My daughter and his four sisters helped care for him.

Both my daughter and SIL today are enjoying their retirement. I have great hope for Shrek. Don't allow yourself to get overtired.

I live in a city that has so much information and treatment for all kinds of cancer. Patients are sent here from all over the globe for treatment. We have several houses that family members can stay in while their loved ones are being treated. When they are sent back home, the doctors here send them with a copy of their findings and treatment. And they also send the same information directly to their doctor.

Unfortunately, I have been through the gamut of the cancer game. It is no fun for the patient or family members. Good luck. And let Shrek know that we are all thinking of him and praying for the both of you.

We love you Princess. And Shrek too.

Last edited:
+1...

Ross

+2
LP!

I just finished taking out the garbage and compost. The recycling will have to wait as the bin is overflowing. Hopefully, they will be emptying it tomorrow. I can happily say that we always have more compost and recycling than we ever have actual garbage! I took the bottles and cans down as well. There is a container in the underground parking. The Strata Council takes them to the depot and uses the money for things around the building like the beautiful hanging baskets we have had all summer. I have heard there is a get-together around Christmas time and some of the money is used for snacks and refreshments.

Last edited:
Not a great day. I thought I was going in for a routine car service appointment this afternoon but I never made it into the dealership. I got T-boned at the entrance and my car is totaled. Fortunately, my injuries are limited to a small cut on my knee and a hugely sore chest from the seatbelt.

I did not need this right now. Tonight would be a great time for one of my powerball numbers to win me the jackpot.

Not a great day. I thought I was going in for a routine car service appointment this afternoon but I never made it into the dealership. I got T-boned at the entrance and my car is totaled. Fortunately, my injuries are limited to a small cut on my knee and a hugely sore chest from the seatbelt.

I did not need this right now. Tonight would be a great time for one of my powerball numbers to win me the jackpot.
Oh Andy, I am so sorry for your accident. please heal quickly

Angel Flight

Flew a recurring patient of ours from Santa Monica CA to Paso Robles. It is amazing how upbeat some to these people are even with their serious illnesses.

So sorry to hear this, Andy. I'm glad it wasn't more serious.

Aww, geez, sorry to hear it, Andy. Be sure to see a doctor and don't try to tough anything out. Some injuries show up later on.

So sorry Andy, take care.

Back
Top Bottom