"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-19-2012, 07:10 PM   #1451
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLC View Post
We're watching the live SpaceFlightNow feed from the cape in Florida. At 6:38 EST today, our son will push the button (or throw the switch or whatever they do) to launch the Delta 4 rocket carrying the MGR-4 military communication satellite. His first mission as the launch control officer.

so cool, glc!! you must be ever-so-proud!!!
__________________

__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:15 PM   #1452
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: here
Posts: 3,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Have the liquid part of a Thai curry ready for dinner. Need to put in the spinach and chicken, but that's last minute.
I'm interested in the recipe too. Have you posted it? There's a vast number of ways to prepare Thai chicken curry and I'm curious how you do yours.
__________________

__________________
Greg Who Cooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:16 PM   #1453
Master Chef
 
Aunt Bea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: near Mount Pilot
Posts: 7,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLC View Post
We're watching the live SpaceFlightNow feed from the cape in Florida. At 6:38 EST today, our son will push the button (or throw the switch or whatever they do) to launch the Delta 4 rocket carrying the MGR-4 military communication satellite. His first mission as the launch control officer.
You must be very proud of him!

I am sure that only a few years ago you were trying to get him to keep that finger out of his nose and now he is using it to launch rockets!

Congratulations it sounds like you did a good job with him!
__________________
Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:43 PM   #1454
Chef Extraordinaire
 
babetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: escondido, calif. near san diego
Posts: 14,349
all i have left to do in my house cleaning spree, is vacuum. even cleaned the toaster and microwave. sure hope this energy lasts. i feel great and that i really accomplished something. even the wash is all caught up. oops need to wipe out fridge. still has some adhesives left from the things pasted in when new. wd40 it is. maybe will wait til closer to grocery shopping and it will be emptier.
__________________
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #1455
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,311
Finally made it home...was 45 minutes for a ten minute drive. We've gotten almost 2 foot of snow, no drifts and it's warm out...supposed to be freezing rain later tonight. Shrek was wonderful and shoveled out my spot in the parking lot, then took up residence so no one else would park there.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #1456
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLC View Post
We're watching the live SpaceFlightNow feed from the cape in Florida. At 6:38 EST today, our son will push the button (or throw the switch or whatever they do) to launch the Delta 4 rocket carrying the MGR-4 military communication satellite. His first mission as the launch control officer.
That's so cool. Does he get to count down from ten and say "Blast Off!"
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #1457
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60
Finally made it home...was 45 minutes for a ten minute drive. We've gotten almost 2 foot of snow, no drifts and it's warm out...supposed to be freezing rain later tonight. Shrek was wonderful and shoveled out my spot in the parking lot, then took up residence so no one else would park there.
Yeeks! So glad you made it home safely, and before the freezing rain!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #1458
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Finally made it home...was 45 minutes for a ten minute drive. We've gotten almost 2 foot of snow, no drifts and it's warm out...supposed to be freezing rain later tonight. Shrek was wonderful and shoveled out my spot in the parking lot, then took up residence so no one else would park there.
was it white knuckle driving, pf, or just long, slow, gridlocked kind of driving? do you feel intensely alive for a long time afterwards, until the adrenaline subsides? i kinda miss that....
__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:45 PM   #1459
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,894
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
was it white knuckle driving, pf, or just long, slow, gridlocked kind of driving? do you feel intensely alive for a long time afterwards, until the adrenaline subsides? i kinda miss that....
That was my shopping trip yesterday.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #1460
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
all i have left to do in my house cleaning spree, is vacuum. even cleaned the toaster and microwave. sure hope this energy lasts. i feel great and that i really accomplished something. even the wash is all caught up. oops need to wipe out fridge. still has some adhesives left from the things pasted in when new. wd40 it is. maybe will wait til closer to grocery shopping and it will be emptier.

So, are you pregnant? LOL It sounds like you are nesting!! Good for you, I am glad you are feeling well. Enjoy
__________________

__________________
PattY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.