What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not a great day. I thought I was going in for a routine car service appointment this afternoon but I never made it into the dealership. I got T-boned at the entrance and my car is totaled. Fortunately, my injuries are limited to a small cut on my knee and a hugely sore chest from the seatbelt.

I did not need this right now. Tonight would be a great time for one of my powerball numbers to win me the jackpot.

Oh, NO! At least you aren't seriously injured. But watch out for any soreness or anything that you may develop in the next few days. Don't want you having whiplash or any unfound injuries.

Thank you all for your concern. I woke up this morning (always a good thing) to less pain so I guess I'm headed in the right direction.

Andy, I am so sorry to hear about your accident. I am glad you are okay and sad that your car is not. Sending thoughts and prayers for your numbers and that you heal quickly.

We are having company for dinner tonight with some dear friends who haven't been to our new place. But I have strict orders not to fuss on making the place pretty or on the food. I will happily oblige with a quick tidy and prep pork tenderloin for the grill.

Oh, Andy! I'm so sorry. Glad you're on the mend. Unfortunately it sounds like "when it rains, it pours." Hope everything evens out and running smoothly real soon.

Today...I'm ditzin' and doodlin' out in my studio with my girls, Sally and Bella. Been doing little odds and ends of things that have accumulated such as repairing one of my favorite bracelets that broke recently and transforming a necklace I really didn't like into two coordinating bracelets. Now I'll wear them. The necklace not so much.

Fiddled around and did some put-off ironing. I like to iron but just hadn't made the time to finish three small items. Now I can check those off the list.

Just got a phone call from one of Glenn's daughters (lives nearby) inviting us to have dinner at her house tonight. Didn't have to ask us twice. Bonus...I won't have to cook tomorrow because we'll have what I'd already prepared for tonight.

Looks as though we're going to have a vacation-like weekend. Look out pool! Here I come.

At least the car crash was on the way in to servicing, not right after. I know I would be cursing extra if I had just paid for maintenance.

Aww, geez, sorry to hear it, Andy. Be sure to see a doctor and don't try to tough anything out. Some injuries show up later on.

Excellent advice buckytom. Andy you never know what injuries you may have inside.

Anytime someone is in a car accident, a checkup should be included as "necessary in your insurance policy. Otherwise the policy can be cancelled by the company."

Always look after yourself first.

I am exhausted. I breaded the two Japanese eggplants and the big Italian one I had. I was on my feet the whole time. But I got smart. I used my Fry Daddy instead of doing it in a frying pan and having to flip every piece. So it got deep fried. But I did go through a lot of paper towels. And I left the kitchen spotless including my Fry Daddy.

Tomorrow I have three pork chops that have been marinating in a Soy Sauce with Worstershire Sauce and seasonings. Mashed potatoes with them and some veggie.

I was doing some surveys and noticed that I made $40. So I cashed out and it went into my PayPal. That will pay one bill off. Yea! I know I will get more to do tonight, but I am just too tired. By the end of this upcoming week, I will have made another $30. Just for answering questions.

Good night everyone. Here's hoping I can fall asleep fast.

Spending another fine evening watching the dog wander around the back yard. Perfect temperature. Frogs and crickets talking. A fine evening for sure.

We spent time with family from out of town, ate too much, and generally had a "grand ole time" last night. Being lazy and doing a whole lot of nothing today that I don't absolutely have to.

Following through on a threat I made earlier this week after grocery shopping. I'd brought home all sorts of fresh berries and proclaimed they would become a mixed berry pie. The berries have been cooked, the crust is baking and pretty soon the refrigerator will receive the finished pie. With any luck, we'll have pie for dessert tonight.

Yum, sounds great, Katie!

For the first time in over a year, I am in full throttle cake mode!

A woman at the dog park is having her 30th birthday and wants a Louis Vuitton cake but no retail bakeries will do it because of the copyright. I don't have a license anymore so don't mind making it. I was even able to find some cutters and a stencil.

My young next door neighbour is coming over today to help with fondant kneading and fine detail work.

I decided that it was Clean out the Fruit Drawers day. Got out my trusty Nesco, and threw in a bunch of halved and pitted cherries, some tired grapes, a couple of elderly peaches, any other bits and pieces of whatever other fruit I found, some sugar, lime juice, and a vanilla bean. This will cook on low to medium low. We'll see what I end up with.

I just fired up the Weber - fixin' to grill a couple of slabs of flank steak. Some for tacos for the next couple days, some to portion out for the freezer for future tacos/fajitas/taco salads.

Howdy Dawg! Good to see you again. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom