What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Earlier I shelled 2 cups of pistachios for ice cream.

Just set a pot of ragu to simmer for tonight's dinner. I used country-style pork ribs and dry porcini to supplement the wine, onion, garlic an basil.

Still waiting for the insurance company to finish up with my car so I can buy another. Currently renting a small car to fill the gap. This is taking too long and we're headed into a long weekend.

Hanging out before work with a black kitty wrapped around my ankle, sleeping. Hate to leave him for the night. I have two sick boys I have to leave.

Hanging out before work with a black kitty wrapped around my ankle, sleeping. Hate to leave him for the night. I have two sick boys I have to leave.

Your sick boys will be okay as you go out and look after other people who need you. Your boys know that your love is with them when you can't be.

Planning on checking out our emergency supply kits to make sure we have everything needed. The little lady out in the Eastern Atlantic doesn't look like she's one to play games if she decides to come our way in about 10 to 12 days.

Cindi, sending thoughts and prayers your way for safety.

I am putting together the cake I have been working on all week. It is being delivered at 7 pm today. After that, TB and I will go out for a quiet dinner at the nearby Pho restaurant and home to watch the rest of America's Got Talent recorded this week.

Earlier I shelled 2 cups of pistachios for ice cream.

Just set a pot of ragu to simmer for tonight's dinner. I used country-style pork ribs and dry porcini to supplement the wine, onion, garlic an basil.

Still waiting for the insurance company to finish up with my car so I can buy another. Currently renting a small car to fill the gap. This is taking too long and we're headed into a long weekend.

What kind of car are you looking at buying?
Were car shopping to. Saw a Hyundai Sonata that I liked,too bad it had dinky sized back window.

When we got home hubby looked online for other models.
I just don't see myself driving a Lexus or a Mercedes. The plan was a Jeep.

We have a hold on a used Honda CR-V. Waiting for the insurance company to do their job. The long holiday weekend just slows things down more.

My eldest has a Kia Optima (same basic car as the Sonata. Hyundai owns Kia.). She loves the car.

Just mixed the base for a batch of pistachio ice cream. I hope it turns out good. I love pistachio!

Last edited:
Honda CR-V's are nice.

Waiting for our kids to get home.They want to talk with us about buying our house when it goes on the market.
It's already scorching outside. Expecting another 114 degree day.
The pot can be sweetened if they bring KFC.
Mom isn't cooking today.:ohmy::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Just sayin' Take care of the boss, wishes might come true.:LOL:

What kind of car are you looking at buying?
Were car shopping to. Saw a Hyundai Sonata that I liked,too bad it had dinky sized back window.

When we got home hubby looked online for other models.
I just don't see myself driving a Lexus or a Mercedes. The plan was a Jeep.
I love my Ford Escape Hybrid [emoji813] Gets good gas mileage, comfortable seating and fun to drive, plenty of storage space in the back, easy viewing all around, which is important to me because I parallel park in front of the house (very few garages in this historic neighborhood). I wanted a small SUV because I got tired of not being able to see well, with all the trucks and big SUVs on the road these days.

I love my Ford Escape Hybrid [emoji813] Gets good gas mileage, comfortable seating and fun to drive, plenty of storage space in the back, easy viewing all around, which is important to me because I parallel park in front of the house (very few garages in this historic neighborhood). I wanted a small SUV because I got tired of not being able to see well, with all the trucks and big SUVs on the road these days.

Hear ya on the SUV's.
Around here most are driven poorly with some 20 yr old who thinks it's ok to ride my bumper.Drive erratically while txting. Guess mom and dad have great insurance.God knows they could never afford to buy one on their own with a minimum wage salary.

SO has had a couple of CR-Vs in the past so we are familiar with them. GG's comments about visibility are right on. Also, as I age and my legs cause me more problems with circulation issues and degenerative arthritis, SUVs are easier to get into and out of.

Up early this morning, 2:00AM!!!

I breaded and oven fried some chicken drumsticks, made a small potato salad and a pot of fridge soup. The kitchen is cleaned up, the vegetable crisper is wiped out and the trash is bagged up. I need to hit the shower, head for the flea market and the grocery store.

I enjoyed making my little potato salad with two small potatoes and one hard boiled egg. Peeling two piping hot potatoes is just enough to remind me of the good old days when I went through a five pound bag. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Cindi, sending thoughts and prayers your way for safety.

Thank you so much - we may be having my sister and brother-in-law stay with us if it is a Cat 4 or 5. They live on the OBX. Her son that lives in the Houston area will be out of his house for at least 3 months, maybe longer. Him and his family are staying with his dad that lives further inland in the Houston area that didn't flood.

This is what I did the past week
fullcake2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom