What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here it is 1:15 a.m. and Thursday night my TV blew up! Oh well. So I am watching TV on my computer monitor. Been watching some 1940 movies. In black and white. I will be going to buy a new TV in the morning. My daughter and her husband spent the weekend up in NH with friends of theirs. They have been going up there for the past 40 plus years every July 4th and Labor Day weekend. So when they return, my SIL will take me over to Medford's Best Buy to pick up a new TV. They are having a huge sale right now. This couldn't have happened at a better time.

I should be trying to get some sleep. but that is not going to happen. I have been having such a crazy mixed up sleeping problem for about a month. Thirty plus hours with no sleep, then only a twenty minute nap, just doesn't cut it for me. I definitely do not want to be taking any sleeping aids. I just have to work this problem out by myself.

Beautiful LP!!!

Just got done defatting and shredding the chicken for my Giuseppe's bolognese. It's finishing the last part of its cook, then we'll let it cool, bag and freeze.

Craig decided to do a fatty yesterday since he was ramping up to do a low and slow rib cook. We just got finished making that and getting it in fridge to firm up for a couple of hours.

Got my fig preserves done, loose by design since they go on a pizza, done last night. Bagged and in the freezer this morning. They don't haveuch acid so I couldn't can.

Beautiful, LP! You definitely still have your touch.

It's a beautiful, sunny day and I'm relaxing on the porch with a glass of wine and a good book. DH was out on his bike ride yesterday and found a place where the property owner had severely pruned his pecan tree and left the cuttings out front for bulk trash pickup, which isn't till Friday. So he's meeting a friend there who has a portable chain saw and they're going to cut some up and divvy it up to use for smoking material later. Yum :yum:

Thanks, everyone. Your comments and praises are a definite encouragement. These past few years with my health taking over I have felt discouraged and unfulfilled. This project just sort of fell in my lap and has been such a wonderful experience!

Today, it is cleanup from all the boxes we had to empty looking for my cake supplies. Then I will be making pork burgers, wedges and salad as our brother is coming for dinner.

(I say OUR brother because my in-laws are just plain family!)

Thanks, everyone. Your comments and praises are a definite encouragement. These past few years with my health taking over I have felt discouraged and unfulfilled. This project just sort of fell in my lap and has been such a wonderful experience!

Today, it is cleanup from all the boxes we had to empty looking for my cake supplies. Then I will be making pork burgers, wedges and salad as our brother is coming for dinner.

(I say OUR brother because my in-laws are just plain family!)

I know the feeling LP. The day I was able to get out of that dang wheelchair that I had been in for almost a year, as soon as I walked in the door coming home from the hospital, I headed for the kitchen. I could finally cook food that I liked. And I made enough for not only myself, but my daughter and her family that lived just upstairs.

You certainly have not lost your touch. That is beautiful work you did. Keep it up. Evidently the move was a good thing for you. I hope the word spreads to your neighbors about your fantastic talent! Good Luck! :flowers::flowers:

I've been sitting at the kitchen table. chatting with Loverly about life and such stuff, and enjoying every minute! Himself drove Goober back to his place, so it's been girl talk for the last 45 minutes. I remember doing just thing same thing with my own mom. :heart: Now I'm the mom. Gosh, I don't know whether I should feel old or wise! :LOL:

Neither. Cherish the moment.

Exactly! I've moved up a rung or three on the ladder of life the past couple of years, and it definitely has its advantages. :) My daughter and SIL have picked me up for years now to take me off roading and exploring at their ranch in the Sierras in 'The Gator'. I used to have to sit in the back to help hold on to a toddler - now it's a given that I get to ride shotgun. :LOL:

Enjoy the moments, CG. :wub:

Attachments

• gator.jpg
    gator.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 72
I have been sitting here watching TV on my monitor. I was supposed to go and get a new one today. Didn't happen. Tomorrow it is shopping and then go for the TV.

But while I sit here watching TV, I have picked up my needlework and am working on that. It has been almost a year since I touched it.

The pills the skin doctor had me on, one of the side effects was my hands and feet shedding skin. It has been almost two weeks since I stopped taking them, and I am still feeling the side effects. I can't wait until I see him again. One of the main side effects is several related to the heart, attacks, strokes, etc. I have already had three heart attacks and really do not want another. He couldn't have read my file at all. When I told the NP at Winthrop, she also looked up the side effects and saw the same things I did and more as she has access to information for professionals only. STOP TAKING THAT MEDICATION IMMEDIATELY! Her orders. So I did.

So here I sit, going through DC, watching TV and working on my needlework. I should be in bed. I have a busy day tomorrow.

Reveling in the cold morning, Shrek is covered with a fleece throw. Have to get dressed and move the sprinkler, left it on overnight in an extra crispy part of the yard.

Today is a rest-up day as my body is in pain from the weekend of cake, clean-up and cooking (dinner for TB and his brother). Don't get me wrong, I loved every minute of it and am looking forward to more. But I have to factor in rest time every time I am highly active.

So, I get to watch the first episode of American Ninja Warrior finals in Vegas and tonight a few game shows I PVR'd.

When it is cooler I will spend some time with Violet in the park.

Today is a rest-up day as my body is in pain from the weekend of cake, clean-up and cooking (dinner for TB and his brother). Don't get me wrong, I loved every minute of it and am looking forward to more. But I have to factor in rest time every time I am highly active.

So, I get to watch the first episode of American Ninja Warrior finals in Vegas and tonight a few game shows I PVR'd.

When it is cooler I will spend some time with Violet in the park.

I can hear the excitement in your voice with being able to get back into doing what you love. But for heavens sake. GET SOME REST! And that is an order from all who love you. Cleaning those dishes could have waited. They weren't going to be stolen or get up and walk out the door. Believe I know! I have stood there looking at a sink full of dirty dishes, and they just refused to wash themselves. Have your fun and enjoyment with the creative side. Let the cleanup side wait until the next day if you have to.

Since this move to your new home, you seem to be pushing yourself harder than your body wishes. Listen to your body.

Take care and remember, we care about you.

Just got through eating lunch after a busy morning of running errands and grocery shopping. Had to go get my ID renewed - took an hour of waiting for 5 minutes o interacting with a clerk. Then had to take a form to my Mom's Dr that he has to fill out for her to get the handicapped placard for the car. Then we stopped at 3 different stores, and got Chinese to bring home. The Chinese place is next to the last grocery store so I order lunch to go, then get what I need from the store, then go pick up lunch.

My world just seems to be falling into pieces. Ever since the TV broke, nothing I had planned for the past five or six days is working. I was supposed to go shopping on Saturday. Spike's boss closed the store early. So no vehicle. Then it was supposed to happen today. Almost 1:30 p.m. and still no Spike. He had an emergency plumbing job this morning. And to go and buy the new TV. Humph!!! My SIL is having a lot of difficulty with his legs today and my daughter has two doctor appointments. So I just ordered it on line. It will be here on Thursday.

I also was supposed to get my Jet order today. Sorry. Due to Harvey, there will be a delay in processing orders today. Or so they tell me. It was supposed to arrive today. I placed the order on Friday night. And I have a package coming from My Room, a site for more mature women who need full unmentionables. Not the ones that are cut up to your hips. That was on backorder for almost a month. And then there is Walmart. An order from them is coming in two packages. There are only three items! Those will arrive on two separate days. I am afraid to make anymore plans. Because I just know they will get screwed up by someone. Probably the FedEx or UPS guy.

Gee, I am having so much fun. Anyone care to join me?

Last edited:
I can hear the excitement in your voice with being able to get back into doing what you love. But for heavens sake. GET SOME REST! And that is an order from all who love you. Cleaning those dishes could have waited. They weren't going to be stolen or get up and walk out the door. Believe I know! I have stood there looking at a sink full of dirty dishes, and they just refused to wash themselves. Have your fun and enjoyment with the creative side. Let the cleanup side wait until the next day if you have to.

Since this move to your new home, you seem to be pushing yourself harder than your body wishes. Listen to your body.

Take care and remember, we care about you.
Thank you for the lecture, Addie, I really do appreciate it. And actually, I didn't overdo it with the clean-up. In fact, there is still a load of hand washes not done but they aren't getting done today.

Like I said, I am watching my shows today, reading in the dog park and anything else that I feel like.

I do agree that I was pushing myself hard when we first moved. However, the walks to the park and all the fresh air really have helped me so much. And when I am at the park, half the time people are even cleaning up after Violet! We just sit in the shade and visit or I read if no one is there.

I truly believe that the move has been very good for all of us but, yes, I do have to keep a tight reign on my activities.

Which is why today is a rest day.

Thanks, again, Addie, I love you and everyone else here and I will definitely be careful! :heart::heart::heart:

Going to get laundry in the car after breakfast, then time to clean the bathroom. After that, not really sure - depends on what the weather is like.

Back
Top Bottom