"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #14621
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Just catching up with the latest posts.

I ran across an old comment by Alix about shopping and muttering to yourself. I do it now too, but don't feel like a crazy lady any more as most of the other shoppers are on their ear buds talking away too.

I mean, they're all talking, so how would anyone know I didn't have a phone too?

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #14622
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
Just catching up with the latest posts.

I ran across an old comment by Alix about shopping and muttering to yourself. I do it now too, but don't feel like a crazy lady any more as most of the other shoppers are on their ear buds talking away too.

I mean, they're all talking, so how would anyone know I didn't have a phone too?
Indeed. Tell 'em you're using one of those Invisaline earbud sets.

We're debating whether or not to go out to dinner. Maybe Korean or Thai. OK, maybe the chophouse.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #14623
Chef Extraordinaire

Preppin' dinner, watching the NFL Network, counted today's posts here... ok, that didn't take long ... Wishing there was a good movie on the tube tonight. I need to run a line to my kitchen TV so I can Netflix out there...
Thank Gawd for emails
Old 11-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #14624
Everymom

Can't you watch Netflix on your iPad pac?
Old 11-08-2013, 07:47 PM   #14625
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Dragging bad attitude kind of day, thank goodness it's Friday!!!!
Those used to be my PMS days. Only they didn't have a name for it back then. My kids used to say I was "feeling black". They knew to stay away from me on those days.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #14626
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I used to have a recipe for a stuffing bread. You put the seasonings in it that you would put for a bread stuffing. It was so good. Specially when you toasted it. You could smell the sage. When my computer crashed and I lost everything, I lost all my recipes. I had most of them printed out, but not that one. It also made great rolls for a chicken dinner.
I blogged a recipe for that! I usually make that for my stuffing, one loaf for stuffing and another for sandwiches!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:35 PM   #14627
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Rob's gaming store is having a big gaming event with proceeds going to charity. They are having a bake sale again this year and apparently what I made last year was a big hit, especially the mini pies out of my pie maker. Those mini pies were an afterthought to use up some apples.

Tonight I made 18 mini apple pies, salty sweet butter pecan cookies and 2 batches of brownies. When it is all cooled, I'll package it all up. My shirt looks like I rolled around in flour, LOL!

My new pastry mat is AWESOME, I don't know how I lived this long without one, makes rolling pie crust a breeze.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #14628
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Can't you watch Netflix on your iPad pac?
Now that you mention it, I know I can. As well as my laptop.
But it's so much easier on the eyes and ears watching a real TV, isn't it?
Old 11-08-2013, 10:17 PM   #14629
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
Rob's gaming store is having a big gaming event with proceeds going to charity. They are having a bake sale again this year and apparently what I made last year was a big hit, especially the mini pies out of my pie maker. Those mini pies were an afterthought to use up some apples.

Tonight I made 18 mini apple pies, salty sweet butter pecan cookies and 2 batches of brownies. When it is all cooled, I'll package it all up. My shirt looks like I rolled around in flour, LOL!

My new pastry mat is AWESOME, I don't know how I lived this long without one, makes rolling pie crust a breeze.
If I ate sweets, I would certainly place an order, BC! Bet they're gorgeous!
Old 11-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #14630
Senior Cook

Just got off the phone, talked to my brother, sister in law, and my older sister! Christmas is now sorted! My brother and his wife are hosting again this year, they have 4 boys, aged 7,4, and the twins are 2 1/2 so it's much easier for us to go to them than the other way around. Hubs and I are 5 hrs west of their farm, my older sister is 3 hours east from them, and my dad shares a yard with them. My mom and stepdad will be invited, but I doubt they will come. The last time they visited was just after the twins were born in May 2011. I mean, it's my mom and stepdads choice, but it makes me sad.

Either way, hooray! We have plans made, and I can start shopping :)