What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Waiting to hear from my grandson Josh, he is on a late vacation with his other grandparents, aunts, uncles and lots of his cousins. They went to Tennessee, South Carolina and North Carolina. I'm not sure were they are today, can't to hear. Hope he is keeping up with his homework.

I been told I am bad mum, why because I want to have some energy left in the week to spend on her. Nope , my daughter is old enough to have her own life and take care of her self.... this was said by some one who should help me get the help I need.

Oh by the way, my daughter is five, not 15 as this person seams to think.

I been told I am bad mum, why because I want to have some energy left in the week to spend on her. Nope , my daughter is old enough to have her own life and take care of her self.... this was said by some one who should help me get the help I need.

Oh by the way, my daughter is five, not 15 as this person seams to think.
A school friend of one of our former exchange students told him we were cruel for making him do chores around the house and he *was* 15! :ROFLMAO:

Pay no attention to that kind of negativity. You know yourself and your daughter best, and you're the mum, so you get to decide [emoji2]

I am ill, I have chronic disease, this means I do not have the normal amount of energy, my normal isnt your normal. My normal is great for me. So I just asked if I could just focus on the physio therapy and my daughter for now and not add in working , who would hire a person who can handle 2 hours per week, I dont know but I am willing to find out. Yeah then the whole you are bad mum happened. *sigh*

I am ill, I have chronic disease, this means I do not have the normal amount of energy, my normal isnt your normal. My normal is great for me. So I just asked if I could just focus on the physio therapy and my daughter for now and not add in working , who would hire a person who can handle 2 hours per week, I dont know but I am willing to find out. Yeah then the whole you are bad mum happened. *sigh*
I have chronic illness, too, CakePoet - a serious chronic autoimmune disease with complications; I've been on disability for almost five years. My normal level of energy is pretty low and I'm having a flare-up right now, so I do understand. I'm fortunate to have wonderful doctors who have known me for a very long time, so they understand and I get excellent care. I wish you could say the same.

Last edited:
My doctor, the good one, has retired, so I have to find a new doctor and re -do all the paper work.

Just got done hanging the sheets out. Going to be a really nice day today. The only bad thing is my hayfever has started already.

Last edited:
I'm getting ready for the dishwasher repair man. What I would rather be doing is making way for new appliances, but that will have to wait.

After he has come and gone, I have to do some errands before Violet and I go to the park. I am also waiting for a couple of packages to arrive.

Tonight it is a double-eviction night on Big Brother. I got watching it with a friend and now I am hooked. I don't watch the Canadian version but the US one is kinda good. It was interesting to see Bobby Moynahan (SNL, Me, Myself & I) as Fanstruck about being in the Big Brother house as the house-guests were to meet a TV star up close and personal!

Just got done hanging the sheets out. Going to be a really nice day today. The only bad thing is my hayfever has started already.

Yup! The ragweed here in north Texas is off the charts. You might want to machine dry your sheets instead of hanging them out where they get bathed in pollen.

CD

Last edited:
My newest flea market find in hillsville, va. I decorated it and two people told me to lose the wreath. I like the wreath, what do you all think?

Attachments

• IMG_0064.jpg
    IMG_0064.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 105
Neither. Cherish the moment.

Yeah. What he ^ said. There will be the day that your daughter is having a rough day. But nothing she can't handle. She will look back with love on this day and the time you shared.

When my daughter was having a problem with her "young" son, I told her to hang in there.

For some strange reason, when a child turns 25 y.o. they look back and realize just how smart and wonderful Mom really is. And so will your daughter.

Put today in your mental memory box, and every so often go back and look into it. Today will always put a smile on your face.

I am so glad I have no company coming. Last night you couldn't find a speck of dust in this house. Pirate and I cleaned, cleaned and kept cleaning. Just in case HUD decided to inspect my apartment.

Today, a tornado has hit it. I have empty boxes every where. My TV finally came, but Spike left about five minutes before it arrived. I managed to get it out of the box, but I am NOT going to attempt to set it up. So I am still watching TV on my computer.

I needed a new mop and bucket. So I found a sponge mop for industrial use. And it has a long squeegee mechanical thingy right by the top of the pole so you don't have to go crazy trying to ring out the water. That came in three boxes. I ordered an extra sponge for it. Now this is a long wide square sponge mop. It will not fit into your standard bucket. And I only have a bucket that is for string mops with a wringer on it. Had to order the bucket for the new mop. Of course. I need more boxes in the middle of my big room.

Then my Jet order comes. In FOUR boxes. The small little paper bowl had a box all to itself. And so did the six double size paper towels. The size of each box is bigger than the box the TV came in. Oh yes. As well as the small packet of four Commando hooks I ordered. All of these items were wrapped and packed in long, long, looooooong strips of brown packing paper. And I have miles and miles of pillow wrap I have to pop. The fourth box contained my Dawn, Windex and other cleaning supplies. There were five items in that box. That was all in a huge box with miles and miles of packing material. Oh wait. I also ordered 12 tubeless rolls of toilet paper. There was more packing in that box, than toilet paper.

Haven't any these companies heard of trying to decrease our landfill?

In the middle of all of this I had two medical appointments I was supposed to go to today. Unfortunately I had to cancel both of them.

So I am taking a break right now while my chicken wings are slowly cooking in the oven with garlic, onions and soy sauce. And as soon as I feel rested enough I am going to make a cucumber dip with dill for my garlic and parm pita chips. By that time my wings should be done.

Time to switch back to watching the Pats play against the KC Chiefs. We are presently out front. It is early in the game. Anything can happen.

I am not even doing any surveys to make some extra money. You know I am tired now!

Last edited:
It's a good thing I got up to see hubby and my son off. He has therapy today. When I looked to see if he dressed himself (fit to be seen in public)
he had put his T shirt on backwards. I couldn't help but laugh and point that out. He said "I thought it felt weird" I fixed him up let him go.

I shouldn't have laughed.:mad: Thinking now (at the time I woke up and he wasn't in bed. I flew out of it and went looking for him in a panic. I had forgotten he had an appointment.Didn't hear his alarm go off)

He was in a sweat.Had struggled to do it himself.

Yes it is part of his therapy that I not help him unless he's beating his head against the wall. That's when it's ok for me to step in and help.

Still though I need to keep myself in check when I'm around him.The last thing I want is to make him feel bad.

Last edited:
I've been cleaning up in Loverly's kitchen today. Girl Scout motto "leave a place cleaner than you found it" is a little tough, though, since she runs a pretty clean kitchen.

Can't wait until we're back here at Christmas. ?

Munky, I agree with CG. I have a hard time with my clothes at times because my arms and hands don't always work properly. I have put things on inside out and backward and am always appreciative when TB tells me and even more when he makes light of it. We beat ourselves up enough when things don't go easy, things we used to do without thinking.

I am working on decorations for two cake projects I am taking to my SIL's this weekend to celebrate Mom's birthday (for the third time!) and said Sister's housewarming.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom