What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For some reason taptalk loged me out and I couldent get back in. My password decided to work today. Last Saturday we took the boys out for an outing to a model train display and an antique semi truck show. They both like trucks and Jasper loves trains so they had a blast. There was even a couple miniture semi trucks there. We even got to ride a model train. Lots of fun and it was all free.
68d3c9378a8df32daf2b9acc5896368e.jpg
adbbf8d0d4ff813f34a8288efdd2d513.jpg
567c4b45fe92b81a2696e95aa9b4cca3.jpg

Last edited:
I have at last gotten the right kind of Physiotherapy, it fun and I am tired but not in pain. well I am in pain but not more then normal.

I am trying to get things packed as we will be leaving in the morning to TB's sister's new place about 3 - 4 hours away (more because I will have to get out once an hour to stretch my legs and back). We will be there until Monday with most of the family (all five siblings, 2 nieces, 3 SO's (including me), Mom & Dad, and 6 cousin dogs (including Violet).

I have at last gotten the right kind of Physiotherapy, it fun and I am tired but not in pain. well I am in pain but not more then normal.

Glad to hear the good news. And to have it fun also, is frosting on the cake. I hope the PT works wonders for you.

Just got done hanging the sheets out. Going to be a really nice day today. The only bad thing is my hayfever has started already.

Oh how I envy you. Being able to hang your laundry outside in the sunshine. My daughter has a nice long clothesline. He dryer never goes on when the sun is shining. If I could, I would take my laundry over to her home wet and hang it out there. But she lives on the second floor and carrying wet laundry up a flight of stairs is not a fun activity neither she or I can do.

I am trying to get things packed as we will be leaving in the morning to TB's sister's new place about 3 - 4 hours away (more because I will have to get out once an hour to stretch my legs and back). We will be there until Monday with most of the family (all five siblings, 2 nieces, 3 SO's (including me), Mom & Dad, and 6 cousin dogs (including Violet).
LP, that luggage isn't going to pack itself while you're playing on DC. ;) If you're anything like I am, your "just five minutes" will end up being an hour. :ohmy:

That sounds like some kind of family reunion? At least a happy occasion for your gathering, I hope. Whatever, I hope you have a great time and take away many happy memories until your next meet-up.

I'm heading off to bed. Early for me, I know, but I have to grocery shop before my 4:10 baseball game in the afternoon. Forget the cookies, Me love baseball!

LP, do you ever bend over as if you are trying to touch your toes and just stretch your back and legs that way? I have arthritis in the base of my spine and a bad right leg. I do that a couple of times a day and as a result I am finding I don't need to take my opioid medication for the pain as often anymore. (I hate taking them and as a result for the many years I have been on it, I still am not addicted to it.) For me, that is an exercise that works for me. Ask your doctor about it first though. You certainly don't want to do anything that would hurt you. He just may tell you to try it.

Last edited:
LP, that luggage isn't going to pack itself while you're playing on DC. ;) If you're anything like I am, your "just five minutes" will end up being an hour. :ohmy:

That sounds like some kind of family reunion? At least a happy occasion for your gathering, I hope. Whatever, I hope you have a great time and take away many happy memories until your next meet-up.

I'm heading off to bed. Early for me, I know, but I have to grocery shop before my 4:10 baseball game in the afternoon. Forget the cookies, Me love baseball!

It sounds like the big move to a new home has LP doing so much more than before. Making cakes, taking long trips, etc. I am so glad to hear about all she seems to be able to do now in her new home.

Can't miss those baseball games. Like me and my family with the Red Sox and Patriots. We do follow the other two, Bruins and Celtics, but don't watch them unless they are on a great winning streak.

I wish you could have been in this building last year when the Pats won the Super Bowl again. Everyone that could came out of their apartments yelling and screaming. Now if we can just keep it up this year.

I just want to be able to walk a bit better and being able to move as I did last year.

I can completely understand that. When I told my doctor I wanted to get back to before I had to have a skin graft on my leg and the cause for the need of it, he reminded me that I wasn't twenty years old anymore. So just the fact that I am still on my legs, I am so very grateful. Even with the pain.

Jeannie informed me that her favorite (only) knife is dull..

welp... some of you know that Jeannie doesn't often prep or cook... so... That tells me that I need to get off my duff and sharpen ALL the knives... :wacko:

So that's what I'm doing this morning...

Ross

Sitting here listening to CMT Top 20 Countdown while my big pot of spaghetti sauce is simmering on the stove. Started it last night so I could have some with supper. Going to fix some angel hair pasta around noon to go with it, and toasted bread.

I guess he needed to talk...

I thought I'd have two very quick market stops. Store Number One was pretty much like the burger place out west - In-N-Out. However, Store Number Two held many surprises. First, a nice conversation with my favorite "milk maid" - a stocker in the dairy department. We hadn't seen each other since before the eclipse, so we compared notes. SHE was in the Dominican Republic for hers. At least WE got to see a total eclipse. :LOL: Then there were two guys sharing the merits of preparing different greens. We pretty much agreed - until it came to kale. :sick: BUT the last, a gentleman who had parked next to me, needed to talk.

It started innocently enough. He mentioned that he had once owned a Sonata. How did I like mine? After going over a few points back and forth, he started with his story about how his wife had developed breast cancer in 2013. He mentioned remission. I asked how she was now. He said "she's dead". :ermm: Oops. He goes on to tell me the chronology of her illness, how the Hyundai dealership wouldn't work any good deals for him with two newish vehicles for his now-one-driver household. How he ended up going to a Ford dealer with both cars and getting a great deal from them...on a Jeep. More stories about his wife. More stories about him trying to put his life back together after her death in April 2016. About the five Spanish ladies he met at a dance club in Worcester last summer and he's still dating one of them.

I listened. I muttered a word here and there when I could shoehorn one in. But I listened, standing in a drizzle in a T-shirt, crop pants, and sandals, getting more and more chilled as he talked. I finally was able to get an "I really need to go home and fix supper for my husband" in, knowing full well is was now way too late to think about cooking. But I can cook tomorrow. Today, I really was needed to listen...

Back
Top Bottom