"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-09-2013, 10:31 PM   #14661
Proud American

I have made another card for Sabrina. I try to bring her nice things when I go to see her and the children.

Now I am relaxing to here.

With love,
~Cat

Old 11-09-2013, 11:11 PM   #14662
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Don't beat yourself up, SB! You were good all week, nothing wrong with a treat, and 5 Guys is a sometimes meal! Back on the wagon tomorrow.
Absolutely. It isn't at if you decided to go crazy with the carbs and calories. Next time you go to a new restaurant, split a dish with hubby or your daughter. Then when you get home you can check out the nutritional values. Or maybe see if they will allow you to order from the children's menu even if you have to pay full price.

I have done that many times as I get overwhelmed when I see too much food on my plate and then I can't even start to eat anything. I don't mind paying the full price as long as I know the serving is something I can handle.

Old 11-10-2013, 04:26 AM   #14663
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Five guys just opened up recently in town, we went to check it out for supper tonight. All was good until I got home & looked up the nutritional info. almost 700 calories in a small burger & 1/4 order of small fries! argh! I was doing so good all week!!!

If you deduct your normal calorie allowance for dinner the "overage" is really not a big deal.

This is a marathon not a sprint, just keep putting one foot in front of the other!
Old 11-10-2013, 06:37 AM   #14664
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I had a bowl of chili with beans, sour cream and cheese then a bowl of chocolate ice cream for dessert. Was positive my blood sugar would be sky high this morning...it was 97.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:46 AM   #14665
Chef Extraordinaire

That's very colorful, Katie. I'm sure she'll like it for her room.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:52 AM   #14666
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I had a bowl of chili with beans, sour cream and cheese then a bowl of chocolate ice cream for dessert. Was positive my blood sugar would be sky high this morning...it was 97.
That is great news!! Every once in a while, I am convinced, we need treats to keep us sane!
Old 11-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #14667
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
If you deduct your normal calorie allowance for dinner the "overage" is really not a big deal.

This is a marathon not a sprint, just keep putting one foot in front of the other!
Thank you! That is a very good way of putting things in perspective.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #14668
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Absolutely. It isn't at if you decided to go crazy with the carbs and calories. Next time you go to a new restaurant, split a dish with hubby or your daughter. Then when you get home you can check out the nutritional values. Or maybe see if they will allow you to order from the children's menu even if you have to pay full price.

I have done that many times as I get overwhelmed when I see too much food on my plate and then I can't even start to eat anything. I don't mind paying the full price as long as I know the serving is something I can handle.
Good food for thought, thanks for the advice addie!
Old 11-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #14669
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
That's very colorful, Katie. I'm sure she'll like it for her room.
I'm sure she'll keep it as a decoration for a while but when she's ready to use the polish, all she has to do is to pry/peel the bottoms of the bottles from the hot glue inside the calyx. Her "blossoms" will be gone but she can have colorful nails.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:31 PM   #14670
Chef Extraordinaire

I could have sworn I had a box of brownie mix in the cupboard... so I'm sitting here debating going to the town store to pick up a box. I was really looking forward to some brownies today. Perfect timing really, since my Brownies have a bye week today. Some kind of "brownies" today would be nice.

I just returned from the city where Giant Eagle was having a sale on lobster tails. Perfect timing, since I will need a couple soon.