What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hard to believe it's October already.2 moths away from Christmas.

Last year we pretty much skipped all the holidays.I was avoiding adding insult to injury with all the usual hub bub doings.

Not this year!
Anyone else here working on holiday gifts and menu planning besides me?

Please say yes and chime in. It's hard being the lone nut job around here.:ohmy::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Munky.

We go out for Thanksgiving dinner so I don't really worry about that. At our Thanksgiving dinner we will decide what everyone will bring for our Christmas get together with the same cousins. I'll start planning my Christmas Day menu sometime during Thanksgiving weekend. We give everyone either a check or a gift card because it's just easier.

We always stay home for the holidays.

Yesterday our butcher told me he's already ordered our Thanksgiving turkey's.I asked him if he picked happy one's? LOL!
Well, they are for now anyways...:ROFLMAO::LOL::ermm:

Whole Prime rib Christmas dinner is aging nicely.
Last year was Amazon or gift cards.This year things will be hand made by me and a mix of Amazon.Love that one click wonder. Buy me now button.

Munky.

It's a little too early to worry about that. We have to get through harvest first. All I know is We are not having goose like I wanted. Maybe next year.

It's a little too early to worry about that. We have to get through harvest first. All I know is We are not having goose like I wanted. Maybe next year.

Geese have been flying low over my house for weeks. I think they stop at the ponds on the ranch near me, so they are just getting airborne when they pass over my house. It is tempting to get some shells for the Remington 1100, but I figure hunting in the suburbs, out of season and without a stamp would get me in trouble -- again. :angel:

CD

But if they dropped their ordnance on your car, couldn't shooting them be called self-defense? Defending your territory? Dinner? :whistling:

Somewhere in America, I'm sure someone has tried that defense. :LOL:

I actually have been attacked by pond geese, and a black swan. They can't really hurt a person. They bite, but don't have any actual teeth, just jagged beaks. The black swan bit my camera, and followed me as I walked away, biting at my denim covered butt. The guy that warned me. "That black swan is mean," and I had a good laugh.

CD

Last edited:
I actually have been attacked by pond geese, and a black swan. They can't really hurt a person. They bite, but don't have any actual teeth, just jagged beaks. The black swan bit my camera, and followed me as I walked away, biting at my denim covered butt. The guy that warned me. "That black swan is mean," and I had a good laugh.

CD
The pecks can really hurt. I don't know about swans, but I know that geese can break your arm if they are feeling ornery.

I had some geese. They were suppose to do thier thing and make babies. So I could sell some and have some for dinner. That didn't work out and they became bullies to the ducks so I sold them. I'm starting over with goslings in the spring.

Last edited:
I am fixing to get some rest. I just got back from seeing my Vascular doctor. The flow of blood in my bad leg is not good. I see another surgery down the road on my leg. Oh well. Not the first time I got bad news regarding my leg. Am I upset? Not really. It was what I expected to hear.

Sending positive thoughts and prayers to you, Addie!!
We're up at the hospital. My brother in law had triple bypass surgery.

Sending positive thoughts and prayers to you, Addie!!
We're up at the hospital. My brother in law had triple bypass surgery.

Thank you. And my best wishes and prayers for your BIL. I had that surgery many moons ago and my heart is doing great. A nice strong beat. And so his will be after recovery. Good luck to all of you.

I was chased by great-grandparents' when I was little. They are terrifying to a small child.

GG....I know you meant chased by your grandparents birds and not your grandparents :ermm: but this hit my funnybone. :LOL:

Not too many years back, I was visiting some friends up in Washington - they had the meanest old rooster that attacked me every time I went over there.:ohmy: It would sneak up on me from behind and gave me some of the worst leg bruises I've ever had - then one day I went over there and it was gone. I never asked where that old codger disappeared to....

Last edited:
... Not too many years back, I was visiting some friends up in Washington - they had the meanest old rooster that attacked me every time I went over there.:ohmy: It would sneak up on me from behind and gave me some of the worst leg bruises I've ever had - then one day I went over there and it was gone. I never asked where that old codger disappeared to....
:yum:
Met the same fate this one did I bet.

Last edited:
GG....I know you meant chased by your grandparents birds and not your grandparents :ermm: but this hit my funnybone. :LOL:

Not too many years back, I was visiting some friends up in Washington - they had the meanest old rooster that attacked me every time I went over there.:ohmy: It would sneak up on me from behind and gave me some of the worst leg bruises I've ever had - then one day I went over there and it was gone. I never asked where that old codger disappeared to....

Ha, whoops! By the time I knew them, they were in their late 70s-80s, so not a lot of chasing! :ROFLMAO:

So sorry to hear about your leg, Addie. Hopefully the surgery will not be extensive. Mom has been lucky, so far. She had to have a carotid endarectomy in 2009 on her left neck, but so far her right one has been good.

Mom was supposed to get her hair done today but the lady who was supposed to do it had taken off today and had arranged for someone else to come in and fill her shift. That person never showed up so Mom just decided to go back on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom